A Big Misunderstanding

Thirteen's a Crowd

It was two hours later when you and Chanyeol made your way back to the house. You had been talking, not necessarily about your relationship to one another but just relationships in general. It made you feel good to know that you both wanted similar things in life.

“…Yea, I don’t know. I career would be nice, but if I end up being a stay at home mom that would be fine with me too.” You laughed as you made your way to the back door.

“Yea, I hope that I can become successful enough in my life that I won’t have to work more than two days a week and stay home with my family.” He agreed. He opened the door for you and followed you inside.

As you made your way upstairs you realised just how cold you were. Your legs were like icecycles and your feet felt hot with the temperature change.

“I’m going to change.” You said, making your way into your room.

“Yea, I’m really cold.” He laughed, following you in to grab clothes.

You went into the bathroom, leaving the door open a crack so the two of you could talk as you changed.

“What are you putting on?” You asked, looking at the clothes you brought in.

“I think I’m just going to put sweat pants on. We aren’t going anywhere so I don’t have to look nice.” He laughed.

“Would it be okay if I just put on pyjama bottoms then?” You asked, peaking your head around the corner.

“Yea, of course. I am seeing a movie night tonight anyways. No drama or anything, just some nice relaxing movies.” He laughed. That sounded really nice. Just sitting and not worrying about anything.

“I need to get my other pants, so I’m coming out.” You said. Chanyeol turned away from the door to respect the fact that you weren’t wearing any pants. You sat on the bed and dug through your suitcase. Your hand touched your leg and you gasped.

“What is it?” He asked, glancing and then turning away quickly.

“Come feel my legs, they are practically frostbitten!” You said, amazedly

He walked over and placed his hand on your thigh, not awkwardly, but very matter of factly. You liked that he wasn’t awkward about these sorts of things. Only you were when it came to his body.

“Wow, you need to warm up.” He sat down and hugged you, rubbing your arms and back trying to get the heat flowing. “Hold on.” He ran down the hall and left you sitting on the bed.

Five minutes later he came back holding a fluffy blanket.

“Stand up.” He said.

“Why?” You asked, laughing.

“Just do it!”  He smiled.

He quickly moved everything off the bed and spread the blanket out on it. He then pulled your to lay down and he lay beside you. Then Chanyeol wrapped the blanket around the both of you and you snuggled into his side.

“It’s so warm.” You smiled into his chest.

“I put it in the drier so that it will warm you up faster.” He said thoughtfully. “I just want you to be comfortable.” He kissed your forehead.

You just lay in his armed thinking about the day you had had with him. It was so peaceful and so heart-warming to have heard the story of Chanyeol’s parents and to hear about what he wants in the future.

You thought about the fact that the two of you had never kissed. It didn’t bother you. Not really. Because you knew that no kiss would ever show you that he loved you more than him opening himself up to you the way he did today. You would never feel any more loved than in this moment, just lying with him, enjoying the fact that you were together.

The combination of being outside all day and the warmth of the blanket made the two of you really tired.

“Do you want to go do something?” You whispered through a yawn.

“Naw,” He yawned as well, “Let’s just stay here for a while.”

And you fell asleep.

* * * * *

“What are you guys doing?”

You were woken up by a very young sounding voice. Then your eyes shot open.

It was Jae-Hwa.

You hit Chanyeol from under the blanket. You couldn’t move because the blanket was wrapped so tightly around the two of you and you weren’t wearing any pants.

Chanyeol opened his eyes and looked around. As he spotted Jae-Hwa his eyes widened.

“Jae-Hwa, go downstairs. We’ll be down in a minute.”

“Why are you guys in bed together?” He asked, ignoring Chanyeol’s demands.

“Just go downstairs. We will be down in a couple minutes.” Jae-Hwa listened this time and left the room.

Your face was bright red and you put your head in your hands.

“Ugh this is awful!” You said, shaking your head.

“He’ll forget about it.” Chanyeol said pulling your hands from your face.

“On the upside, I’m warm now.” You laughed. You got up and opened your suitcase.

“Wear those pyjama pants.” Chanyeol said, pointing to his pants and smiling widely.

“Okay.” You giggled, pulling them on.

“Now we match again.” He said ruffling your hair. “Lets go downstairs.”

He took your hand and you both laughed and talked as you walked down the winding staircase. You walked behind Chanyeol into the living room and smacked into his back as he stopped in the doorway.

“Mom?”

“Hello Chanyeol dear.”

You could feel Chanyeol tense up and he let go of your hand quickly, stepping into the room.

“What are you doing back so soon?”

“Well your father told me that you and your friend had an issue with Lena so I had to come back to deal with the situation.” She stood up and walked towards you. “You must be Sarah, Chanyeol’s friend from school.”

“Yes, nice to meet you.” You bowed to her.

She nodded to you and turned back to Chanyeol. “How do you expect me to just find a new nanny?” She asked him harshly.

“Well mom, she was crazy. And she hit Sarah.” He said, motioning towards me.

“Nonsense. Lena is a very nice girl and the boys loved her very much. I have spoken to her on the phone this morning and she will be back tonight after supper.”

You looked over at Chanyeol and you could tell that he was very uncomfortable. You didn’t know what to do so you just sat there and listened to his mother talk.

“You know your father had a very nice day planned for us tomorrow Chanyeol.” She said. “You are only here for a week, you could have just been pleasant with Lena and made everyone’s week easier.”

“I already told you she hit Sarah! I shouldn’t, and Sarah shouldn’t, have to be around that.” He was starting to raise his voice and you were getting worried about how this was going to go. “I can’t believe you don’t believe me.”

“Sarah, would you give me and my son a moment?” Ms. Park asked. You nodded and left the room, going up to the bedroom.

You sat on the bed, awkwardly looking around as you waited for them to finish talking.

* * * * *

“Now, Chanyeol, I don’t know what the problem is with Lena. You know she would never do anything so mean as to hit someone. That is so unlike her.” Chanyeol’s mom shook her head.

“I’m not lying. Last night she came in and was trying to sleep with me and when I woke up I tried to get her off and she was swearing at Sarah and she slapped her right across the face. That’s why I told her to leave. I was going to ignore the fact that she kept flirting with me and wouldn’t leave me alone but that was the last straw.” He said quickly, taking a deep breath.

“So how did Sarah see the two of you if she was sleeping?” Ms. Park asked.

“Uh…” Chanyeol’s mouth hung open as he tried to think of an excuse.

“Chanyeol.” She said sternly. “You know how I feel about you sleeping with another girl. You shouldn’t do that unless you are married.” She scolded. He stayed quiet as she continued to lecture him. “This is disgusting. You bring this strange girl into my home. I don’t even know her and you are sleeping with her under my roof, behind my back.” She put her head in her hands.

“But mother you don’t understand.” He said, begging her to listen. “You don’t get it. I love her.” He said.

“What?” Her head shot up.

“I love Sarah.” Chanyeol said slowly. “I love her more than anything in the world. That’s why I brought her here. I wanted you and dad to meet her because I want her to be around forever.”

“So if you are sleeping in the same bed it must be very serious.” She said quietly.

“What?”

“So you have been seeing her for a long time?” Ms. Park asked quickly.

“Seeing her…uh yea I guess.” He answered, not really sure what was happening.

“So are you planning anything for the Halloween festival?”

“Planning anything?” He asked.

“Well you can’t just propose to the girl without something special planned Chanyeol. I raised you much better than that.”

* * * * *

Chanyeol walked into the room and shut the door behind him.

“What's wrong?” You asked, worriedly getting up. “You look like your in shock.” You said, touching his face and taking his hands. His eyes were wide and he stared over your head.

“We have a problem.” He said monotonously.

“What do you mean?”

“Well…I told my mom that I loved you.” He said.

“Does she hate me?” You asked anxiously. “What am I going to do? How can I get her to like me?”

“That’s not the problem.” He said.

“Then what’s the problem?” You asked.

“She thinks that I’m going to propose.” 


ouuuu some more problems startingggg. I know its kind of a short chapter but I am starting the next one right now! 

Thanks for reading guys! love you all!

Comment upvote and Subscribe!