What's My Job Again?

Thirteen's a Crowd

You stood in the bathroom for a few minutes, shaking your head and trying to decide how you were going to deal with everything.

Chanyeol was sitting on the end of the bed waiting for you as you came out of the bathroom.

“Who was that?” He asked after you didn’t speak for a few minutes.

“My mother.” You said, not looking at him.

“What did she say?” He stood up, not knowing whether to walk over to you or not.

“Congratulations on the wedding.” You were staring at the wall blankly.

“Is that it?” he asked.

“She also asked me if we were getting married cause I’m pregnant.”

“Sarah…” He reached towards you, hand faltering a bit.

You still weren’t looking at him, but you grabbed his sweater and pulled him towards you.

“What are you thinking?” He asked, your hair.

“I miss having my mother around, but I just don’t trust her.” You said into his sweater.

“I know, just take it slowly.” He said, “Do you want to go for a walk?”

* * * * *

Ten minutes later you were bundled up walking down the path to the waterfall.

Chanyeol had his arm around your shoulders and you leaned into him, walking slowly.

“It’s so beautiful out here.” You said, looking at the canopy of snow over your heads.

“Yea,” He agreed, but when you looked up at him he was looking at you. “You’re beautiful.”

“Stop it! I’m being serious.” You hit his chest. “Look.”

The snow was falling slowly, glowing in the light of the sun.

You walked quietly for a while longer.

“What should I do?” You asked him. “Just tell me what you think.”

“I think that you should call her tomorrow.” He said easily. “You should talk to her and catch up, see how she’s doing now and if anything has changed, then you can make a decision about if you are going to let her back into your life.”

You nodded, pulling away a little bit, but taking his hand.

“Yea, you’re right.”

“Are you cold?” He asked.

You swung your arms back and forth, shuffling though the snow.

“Yea, kind of.” You said. “I want to keep walking though.”

“Alright.”

You walked all the way down to the waterfall and stood there for a while, just looking at the frozen river.

“I wish we could just get married right here.” You said quietly. “This is one of the nicest places I’ve ever seen.”

“I think so too.” Chanyeol said, resting his chin on your head. “Too bad there isn’t a bigger clearing.”

“Yea.” You said absentmindedly.

“Could you imagine having a bridge in front of the waterfall? I would stand up there waiting for you and you would walk down along the river to meet me, and then I would take your hand and it would take everything for me not to kiss your right away…” He squeezed you tighter, “And I would put the ring on your finger, and kiss your hand. And I would say my vows to you, and I would be trying not to cry because you look so beautiful and I finally get to make it official that I am spending the rest of my life with you.”

You’re heart was beating quickly as he spoke. He was so amazing. You turned to face him, and he took your gloved hands in his.

“And as soon as I heard the words ‘you may kiss the bride’ I would pull you in towards me,” As he said that he wrapped your arms around his waist, so you were leaning against him, “And I would put my hands on your cheeks and kiss you.”

Chanyeol put his hands on your cheeks, leaning closer to you. He kissed you short, but slowly.

“And I would never want it to end, but eventually it would have to so I could get you away from everyone.” He kissed you again, laughing.

“Maybe we could just have a small wedding.” You whispered, standing on your tiptoes to get another kiss.

“We’ll see what can be done.” He smiled.

“You always make me feel better.” You said, your cheek against his chest. “I don’t think I have ever been more excited than I am right now.” You said. “Everything will change.”

“For the better, Mrs. Sarah Park.” He said happily. “Let’s go back to the house.”

* * * * *

When you got back to the house you were greeted with a text from Jima asking you to go over to Baekhyun’s in an hour.

You sat around with Chanyeol for the next while before heading over.

“Hey!” Jima greeted you at the door, hugging you. “It’s so good to see you again!”

“You too.” You said.

“Hey Chanyeol.” She waved to him, “Baekhyun’s up in his room. Sarah come with me.”

You said goodbye to Chanyeol as you let Jima lead you down the hallway to a room at the back of the house.

“I’ve adopted this as my studio.” She laughed. “So here is your fabric and her is the cuts for the dress. I’ve started on the under part of it and I was just wondering what you wanted your wedding lingerie to be?”

“Well…I haven’t really thought about it.” You laughed awkwardly.

“Okay, well come sit here and we’ll find something you like.”

You sat down in front of the computer with her and she brought up several websites.

After looking though them for a few minutes you picked a few that you liked. All of them were simple silk and lace.

“They’re all really nice, but aren’t they kind of boring?” She asked, cocking an eyebrow.

You laughed shallowly, “I think they’re tasteful. And why would I spend a lot of money on something I’m just going to take off anyways?” You asked.

“Good point.” She said. “But you still need a garter. I’ll make that for you though.” She smiled.

Jima spread out all of the material onto the table and talked you though it step by step until you couldn’t keep up anymore. You had no idea what all of the technical terms meant so you just nodded in agreement with everything she said.

“So where is your fiancé?” You asked her during a lull in the conversation.

“He’s sleeping right now.” She laughed.

“Does he like being here?” You asked.

“Well I think so, but I know Baekhyun doesn’t like him and he is making it really obvious.”

“That’s kind of immature.” You said.

“That’s Baekhyun.”

Your conversation branched to other things and before you knew it it had been two hours.

“So I think that’s all.” She said as she finished your measurements.

“Prefect.” You gave her a hug, “Thanks again, it’s going to be amazing!”

You said goodbye to her and left her in the room, making your way upstairs to Baekhyun’s room.

As you walked past one of the spare rooms you hit into a man coming out.

“Oh, sorry.” You said in English, stepping away.

He wasn’t wearing a shirt and he just stood there for a moment looking at you.

“It’s no problem.” He said with a smile. Then he walked away.

You walked quickly to Baekhyun’s room.

“There’s a half guy downstairs.” You said as you sat on the couch between Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“Ugh, yea that’s Jima’s man friend.” He huffed. “He’s such a pig.”

“Yea, Jima said you’re being pretty rude to him.” You laughed.

“Of course she would say that.” He said. “He has absolutely no respect for me or my parents.” Baekhyun crossed his arms. “And he never has any clothes on. If I walk into him one more time with just a towel around his waist or something I don’t know what I’ll do.”

“Does he do that when your parents are around?” Chanyeol asked.

“No, but its like he thinks if they aren’t home him and Jima are completely alone. I do still live here.”

“I guess you better get used to it.” You said sadly, “I mean, he is going to be your brother in law.”

“Ugh yea.” He huffed. “So what have you guys been up to?”

“Wedding stuff.” You sighed. “It’s way more than I anticipated.”

“Speaking of wedding stuff,” Chanyeol cut it, “Baekhyun, I would really like it if you were my best man.”

Baekhyun sat up at attention, “Of course. I would love to.” He leaned forward clapping Chanyeol on the shoulder. “We’re practically brothers.”

“I know, you need to help me pick people for the groomsmen too.” Chanyeol said.

“Yea, I’ll help with whatever you guys need.” He smiled, looking from Chanyeol to you.

“Thanks Baek.” You smiled.

“So who is going to be your maid of honor?” He asked you.

“I honestly have no idea.” You shrugged.

“Hyojin?” Baekhyun nudged you.

“Uh, no I don’t think so.” You laughed. “The only really good friend I have to ask is Jackson and he won’t be here and Kai.” You laughed. “Oh and Monica.”

“You’re brother’s wife?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yea.” You nodded. “And I don’t know who I am going to get to give me away. My brother maybe…”

“Do you have to make those decisions now?” Baekhyun asked.

“Not necessarily, it just makes it easier.” You said. “This whole thing is just stressful.”

“Well it will be worth it.” Chanyeol said happily.

“Definitely.” You smiled at him. “Maybe you’ll have a girlfriend to bring to the wedding by then.” You said to Baekhyun.

“Don’t hold your breath.” He laughed, shaking his head.

“Mhmm.”

“So what kind of stuff does the best man do anyways?” He asked, looking at Chanyeol.

“Um, Don’t look at me.” Chanyeol laughed, “Ask her.”

Baekhyun looked at you.

“Well you’ll have to help him with all the groomsmen suits, organize the bachelor party, you have to keep my ring through the ceremony until we say our vows, to sign the marriage license as a witness, decorate the car, say the first toast at the reception-”

“I’m just gonna stop you there.” He laughed, “I’m obviously going to need to write this all down.”

“We can talk about it after Christmas.” You said, “After Chanyeol and I have organized some more things. That way we can talk to everyone about it.”

“That’s probably for the best.” Baekhyun laughed, “But you are saying that if I don’t do this you’re wedding would pretty much fall apart right?”

“Exactly.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Well no worries. You can both count on me.” He nodded. “So your parents are gone? Till when, again?”

“Tomorrow night I think.” Chanyeol said.

“Well I won’t keep you guys then, if you want to go home.” He laughed, wiggling his eyebrows.

You rolled your eyes at him. “So inappropriate.” You muttered.

“What do you say,” Chanyeol said to you, “Time to go?”

“Yea, sure.” You nodded, standing up.

You said goodbye to Baekhyun and to Jima as you left the house.

Chanyeol took your hand as you walked home.

“This is happening.” He exhaled.

“What?” You asked, looking up at him.

“We’re getting married.” He smiled.

“I still can’t believe it.” You beamed, “People always say that you shouldn’t tie yourself down to early, but this is the time in our life for us to have adventures and we’re going to get to do it together.” You rambled as you walked quickly up to the house.

“It doesn’t matter if we have any adventures, because I’ll be with you.” He said cheesily.

The rest of the night was nice. You and Chanyeol watched movies in the basement, then watched movies in your bedroom, or didn’t watch them. Either way, it was a good way to wrap up your alone time. 


Thanks for reading guys!

Sorry the update was kind of delayed.

I was at the bangtan concert this weekend and i had a lot of homework and it was by birthday so I've been busy busy!!

Comment and upvote please! <3