Some Confusion

Thirteen's a Crowd

You stayed at Namsan tower for quite a while, taking pictures and looking at the view. When you got on the cart to go back down your face was red with windburn and your ears were numb.

“You look like your ears are on fire.” Chanyeol laughed. He rubbed his hands together and placed them over your ears and your cheeks.

There were more people in the cart and you could hear an ahjumma whispering to her husband behind you, “Such cute skinship. Such a nice young couple.” You blushed and so did Chanyeol. You winked at him and grabbed his hand. You pulled him down to sit on the bench.

“How old are you?” The ahjumma asked you.

“I’m twenty.” You smiled.

“I’m twenty two.” Chanyeol answered.

“Have you been together long?” She asked you.

“Oh yes, since we were very young.” You smiled at Chanyeol. “Right Oppa?”

“Uh, yea!” He laughed, smiling at the older lady.

“It’s so nice to see young love.” She said, looking towards her husband again. He sat quietly next to her, looking out the window.

“Well hopefully we will still be together when we are your age, ahjumma.” You bowed your head politely. The cart came to a stop and everyone stood up. The ahjumma grabbed her husband’s arm and he helped her off the cart. You kept a hold on Chanyeol’s hand.

“It was nice talking to you.”

“And you as well, Ahjumma. Have a nice day.” You waved. You watched them as they walked away. “They really look happy.” You stated, to no one in particular.

“Yea they do.” Chanyeol added, “I hope I can be like that someday.”

“I know you will be.” You pulled him with you back to the bus.

* * * * *

“What are we going to eat for supper?” You asked him, your stomach grumbled.

“We can go wherever looks good to you.” He suggested.

“I’m not usually good with picking things.” You laughed, "Is there anywhere you love to go?”

“Actually I have the perfect place.” He led you down two streets to a nice restaurant with Christmas lights in the window. “This is my favorite restaurant. You can grill your own meat.”

“Sounds yummy!” You pulled him through the door and seated yourselves.

“Chanyeol?” A voice asked from behind you.

“Hi!” Chanyeol stood up and gave someone a hug. The guy was wearing an apron. He was quite short and had short spikey hair.  “This is my friend, Sarah.” He introduced you.

“Hi Sarah-ssi, my name is Hyun-Ki.” He bowed at you politely and you bowed back.

“It’s nice to meet you, Hyun-Ki-ssi.” Both you and Chanyeol sat down and Hyun-Ki asked if you guys already knew what you wanted.

“Yes,” Chanyeol seemed to be ordering the whole menu but you let him since he knew what was good.

You sat and talked for a while about school and some of the guys in the house when Hyun-Ki brought some of the food out. “I’ve never grilled meat before.” You said to Chanyeol.

“Really? It’s fun and really easy.” He laughed. “Come sit over here.” He motioned towards the seat beside him.

“Okay.” You moved next to him.

“I’m going to teach you how to grill.” He held out the tongs for you and showed you how to prep the grill.

“I’m going to burn it.” You laughed as you put a few pieces on.

“I won’t let you, because I’m hungry and I want to eat this.” He told you to flip them over and laughed as you struggled to pick up the meat.

“Just take them!” You tried to push the tongs back into his hand but he wouldn’t take them.

“Here I’ll help you, but you should learn. I’m a really good teacher.”

Chanyeol held your hand around the tongs and helped you flip some of the pieces. His hand was big and wrapped around your hand comfortably. He sat close to you and you could feel his breath on your neck. You were starting to get nervous. You hadn’t felt that way in a long time around a boy. You could feel tension between the two of you.

“Is this how you get girls to fall for you?” You asked, trying to lighten the mood.

“Is it working?” He asked surprised.

“Maybe.” 


The song for this chapter is Stay with Me by Sam Smith 

Hey guys! Thanks for being patient, I know this is a short one but I am started the next chapter ASAP!