Running Errands

Thirteen's a Crowd

You all sat in the living room by the fire after Chanyeol and Lay got changed. You and Chanyeol cuddled on the couch as he rubbed your hip tenderly.

“So do you know what’s wrong with your hips?” He asked, looking away from the movie at you.

“Not really, they just hurt so badly, it hurts to dance a lot but it hurts to walk too, and when I’m still for too long they hurt cause they get tight.” You pouted, leaning you head on his shoulder, feeling sorry for yourself. “Kai said that he is going to call his doctor tomorrow and see if he will take a look.”

“What does that entail?”

“X-rays, and a physical exam I’m guessing.” You said, shrugging, “Hopefully I’m not stuck waiting all day.”

“I hope it’s not anything too serious.”

“I’m sure it’s not.” You said. There can’t be any more bad news.

“Are you going to class tomorrow?” He asked.

“It’s supposed to keep snowing.” Lay stated, not looking away from the television.

“Then…probably not.” You laughed, “I’m not going to the studio so I can rest my hips so I’m not going to walk over there to class either.”

“Maybe I’ll stay home too then.” He smiled.

“That would be nice.” You kissed his cheek.

“Yea, so nice!” Sehun said sarcastically. “I really miss you when you’re away.”

“Shut up!” Chanyeol threw your pillow at him. Sehun took it and rested his head on it.

“Good job.” You said to Chanyeol, “Now he stole my pillow.”

“I can be your pillow.” Chanyeol said as he smiled at you.

“No.” You said, making your face look like grumpy cat.

“Shut down!” Lay laughed. “Sehun don’t be a crack and give Sarah her pillow back.”

“Fine…” Sehun pulled it out from under his head and handed it back to you.

“Thanks Hunnie.” You said sweetly to him.

He blushed as he smiled at you.

“Where’s Kai?” Lay asked you after you had all settled back into watching the movie.

“Still at the studio.” You said, “What time is it?”

“Seven thirty.” Lay said, checking his phone.

“He should be home soon.” You said, “If he isn’t back by eight I’ll give him a call. Maybe we should go pick him up?” You asked Chanyeol, “It’s snowing really hard out.”

“Yea, if we can get the car out of the driveway we definitely will get him.”

“Okay!”

* * * * *

A couple days had passed and your hips were feeling much better. The snow had stopped after a ten-hour snowstorm, that was already beginning to melt, and you and Chanyeol were on your way to the doctor’s office before going to see your house for the first time in person.

 “Are you nervous?” He asked you from the driver’s seat.

“About seeing the house?”

“No about your appointment, you’re fidgeting.”

“Uh, a little.” You admitted, “Just cause I don’t want them to tell me I can’t dance.”

“I’m sure it won’t be like that.” He patted your knee.

“Yea, you’re right.” You took a deep breath, “But I am excited to see the house. The pictures the contractors sent us looked so good.” You smiled excitedly.

“Is it around here?”

“Yea, turn left here, and there should be a parking lot right beside the office.” You said, looking at the map on your phone.

You found a parking spot easily and made your way up to the office.

“You have your book right?” You asked Chanyeol.

“Yea, I didn’t know how long you’d be.” He laughed.   

“Hopefully not too long.” You opened the door into the office. You walked up the desk and introduced yourself, telling the receptionist that you were here for your appointment and fortunately she sent you right back.

You sat in the examination room for a few moments waiting for the doctor.

A short man with a bad comb over walked into the room quickly.

“Hello Ms. Cho, what seems to be the problem?”

“My hips are killing me. I’m a ballet dancer and they have been hurting a lot for the last few days, more than usual.”

“They usually hurt?” He asked, sitting at his desk.

“Not a lot, throbbing, and uncomfortable if I don’t move for a while.” You explained.

“Okay, well lets get you over into the other room to do some x-rays.” You followed him into a smaller room with a large chair under an x-ray machine. “Hop on up, you’ll be in and out in no time!” He said pleasantly.

You lay down in the seat and he started to leave the room.

“I’m going to go out here and count to three and on three it is going to take the x-ray. We’re going to do this three times on each hip, okay?”

“Okay.” You nodded.

You were done in fifteen minutes and then Chanyeol came in with you to sit in the office while you waiting for the doctor to come back with the x-rays.

“Okay! So here they are!” The doctor said, smiling as he put the pictures on the light board for you to see. “Everything is pretty normal for a dancer who has worked as hard as you. There is some wear and tear in your hip flexors and the cartilage is worn down a significant amount. Eventually you might have to look at getting hip replacements, but that isn’t for another thirty years or so, earlier than most people, but you still have a full career ahead of you.” He stopped for a moment incase you had questions but you nodded for him to continue. “So your only options right now are to deal with the pain and the stiffness, or you can come in for cortisone shots when the pain gets bad.”

“Okay, is there any pros and cons about getting the shots?” You asked, leaning forward in your chair.

“Yes, and I will talk you through those and give you some information for you to go over at home about your options.”

“Great thanks.” You smiled.

* * * * *

You came out of the doctor’s office about a half hour later, feeling much better about everything.

“Are you hungry?” Chanyeol asked, opening the car door for you.

“Yea, kind of.” You nodded, “Just something small though.”

“I’ll just run into the convenience store.” He shut the door when you were in and ran across the street.

You sat in the car, on your phone, texting Kai about how the appointment went. Chanyeol came back with kimbap and some boiled eggs.

“Good?” He asked handing yours to you.

“Perfect.”

“Good, lets go to the house then.” He said excitedly. “I’m so excited now I’m shaking.” He laughed.

“Me too.” You agreed, biting into your egg.

It was about an hour drive to the house with all of the traffic. You drove through a few pretty scary looking areas before reaching the neighborhood where you would be living.

“This is so nice.” You said, staring at all of the modern houses.  

“And one of them is ours.”

You turned twice more, driving down a long road into a cul-de-sac and Chanyeol parked the car in front of your new house. There were at least five trucks parked around it and in the driveway all from different companies. You sat in the car for a few minutes watching people entering and exiting the house and just admiring the outside before deciding to go in.

You held Chanyeol’s hand as you walked up the driveway to the door. You stepped inside, noticing not to take your shoes off from all of the dust.

“Hello.” A man greeted, coming into the foyer.

“Hi,” Chanyeol bowed, “We’re Chanyeol and Sarah Park, we just came to see how the renovations are going.”

“Ah, let me get the head contractor.” He left you standing in the foyer.

“This is so nice.” You said to Chanyeol, opening the closets in the foyer, “There’s so much space!”

“Exactly what you wanted?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Yes.”

“Hi! I’m Jinwoo; it’s nice to finally meet you both in person. Come with me and I’ll show you the rest of your new house.” You followed him into the front living room, kitchen and dining area. “As you can see the floors have been installed nicely, and we have all of the kitchen amenities. Also we have the control panel for the lights and the in floor heating right over here so that its central to the downstairs, and there is another one upstairs in the hall, and one in the master bedroom as well.”

“That’s great.” Chanyeol said, nodding every time Jinwoo said a fun fact about the house.

After Jinwoo took you through the whole house you ended up in the back garden.

“Is it alright if we go through the house again?” You asked, “We’re just trying to figure out what kind of furniture we want.”

“Of course. You can come to the house anytime you want.” He said, “It’s usually open with people working from seven in the morning, until nine at night.”

“Perfect.” Chanyeol shook his hand before he left to get back to work.

“Okay, lets get started!” You jumped, grabbing Chanyeol’s hand and dragging him inside again.

* * * * *

“Can we go home now?” He asked tiredly, carrying several large bags to the car behind you.

“Yea, it’s starting to get late anyways.” You said, opening the trunk for him.

“Starting to,” He scoffed, “It’s almost nine. The stores close at nine.”

“Well we got a lot done today so that’s good!” You said, patting his arm on your way past him.

“You say that every time we do stuff for the house.”

“Because it’s true.”

You both got in the car and you turned the heat on full blast, pulling the blanket you had bought earlier in the day out of the backseat.

“Are we even making a dent in what we have to do for the house?” He asked, pulling out of the parking lot.

“By the looks of the back seat and trunk of our car I’d say we’re on our way.” You laughed, motioning towards all of the bags.

You drove home happily, talking about random things and listening to the radio.

When you pulled into the driveway you noticed another car parked on the street infront of the house.

“Do you know who that is?”

“No idea.” Chanyeol said.

You brought all of the stuff in from the backseat in one trip and decided to leave the rest of it in the trunk, both of you tired from the day. You took your coats off and you walked into the living room, seeing Baekhyun sitting on the couch with a girl.

“Hey!” You said, walking over to the couch.

“Hey Sarah, where were you guys today?” Baekhyun asked.

“We went to the doctor, then the house and then shopping for stuff for the house.” You said, sitting on the loveseat. “I’m Sarah.” You said to the girl, waving.

“Iseul.” She smiled, “It’s nice to officially meet you.”

“You too.” You nodded, “Chanyeol come in here!” You shouted.

Chanyeol appeared a couple seconds’ later, bags in his hands. “Thanks for the help.”

“Sorry baby.” You sighed, eyebrows furrowing at the sight of him. “This is Iseul, Baekhyun’s friend.”

“Oh!” Chanyeol set the bags down by the stairs. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Baekhyun’s said lots about you.”

“He has?” She asked, looking towards Baekhyun, who was blushing ferociously.

“Uh,” He laughed awkwardly, “I might have mentioned you a few times.”

“Awh!” She cooed, hitting his arm lightly. Iseul motioned towards all of the bags Chanyeol had brought in, “A big shopping trip?” She asked.

“Yea, we just saw our new house for the first time today so we went shopping for some stuff after.” You explained.

“You’re moving?” She asked you.

“Yea, Chanyeol and I are moving into our own place.” You nodded.

“An apartment in Seoul? That’s exciting!” She smiled.

“Actually a whole house,” Baekhyun explained, “Sarah and Chanyeol are getting married so it was their wedding present from his parents.”

“Oh, that’s so nice!” Iseul gushed, “Congratulations on your soon-to-be marriage!”

“Thanks.” You and Chanyeol said at the same time. He wrapped his arm around you as he sat beside you on the loveseat.

“So, Iseul, are you spending the night?” Chanyeol asked, and you nudged him.

“Uh, no.” She laughed, “I have class early in the morning, so I should probably get going soon anyways.”

You stood up, pulling Chanyeol with you, “It was really nice to meet you Iseul. I hope I’ll see you around more often.”

“Me too.” She said, also standing up, “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight!” You and Chanyeol said, taking the shopping bags and going upstairs.

“I really like her!” He said as you put everything away.

“Me too, and so does Baekhyun, have you ever seen him blush that much?” You asked happily, stuffing everything under the bed.

“Never in my life.” He admitted, “I don’t think he has ever really liked a girl. At least not anything serious enough to actually talk to her.”

“You all make it seem like he is a monk or something.”

“Well he kind of is…he always studied really hard all the time and only hung out with me in school and outside, probably because we are neighbors, and then all the guys here. He’s quite odd.” Chanyeol laughed. “I think this past summer and last semester he has changed a lot. He goes out a lot more with all of us, and has way more fun. I think it has something to do with his father. Baekhyun kind of knows that he isn’t doing what his dad wants so he is accepting it and is allowing himself to let go a little bit more.”

“I finally understand Baekhyun.” You said, flopping down onto the bed and stretching your arms and legs out. “Everything is put away right?”

“Yea, if by put away you mean hidden under the bed.”

“That’s exactly what I mean.” You laughed. 


Thanks for reading guys!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday break! <3