The First Picture

Thirteen's a Crowd

It was four in the afternoon and you and Chanyeol were watching a movie on his bed when he suddenly shot up.

“Did you call your brother?” He asked quickly.

“Crap…” You muttered. You got up and found your phone in your bag.  Dialing it ran a couple times before Monica picked up.

“Jason’s phone.”

“Hey, it’s Seulgi. Chanyeol got hurt last night and he’s in the hospital, so I wont be able to make it tonight.” You said.

“What happened to him?” Monica asked, worriedly.

“He fell and cracked his head and he had to get surgery to stop the bleeding.” You explained.

“Well of course, stay with him.” She said. “Call us when he is out, and if we can do anything we will.”

“Thanks so much Monica.” You smiled, even after all this time she was still as nice to you as ever.

“Give him our best wishes.” She said.

“I will. Bye.” You hung up and went back over to sit with Chanyeol. “They send their best.” You said happily.

“That’s nice of them.” He laughed. “Would you go downstairs and get me some water?”

“Yea sure.” You left the room to go to the cafeteria.

* * * * *

Chanyeol called Baekhyun while you were out of the room.

“Hello?”

“Hey, its Chanyeol.” He said into the phone. “Tomorrow I need to you pick me up from the hospital.”

“Won’t Sarah be with you?” Baekhyun asked.

“Well she thinks she will be, but I want Kai to get her and keep her busy for awhile.”

“So what are we doing? I’m guessing I’m not just driving you home.” He laughed.

“No, you’re taking me to a jewelry store.” Chanyeol said slyly.

“For what?”

“I’m going to get a ring for Sarah.”

“So you remember…what you were talking about when you hit your head?” Baekhyun asked hesitantly.

“Of course.” Chanyeol scoffed. “I told the doctors that I remembered everything so that they didn’t think that I had memory loss, but I didn’t want to say anything in front of Sarah and she was either with you guys or with me the last few days so I didn’t have time to talk to you about this.”

“So are you just going to propose tomorrow when you get home?” Baekhyun asked.

“No, I want it to be really special.” You entered the room just as he said that and Chanyeol coughed loudly. “Anyways, I have to go mom, I’ll see you later tonight.”

“She’s there?” Baekhyun huffed, “I’ll pick you up tomorrow at twelve and I’ll make sure Kai gets her out of there by eleven.”  Then he hung up.

“What did your mom want?” You asked, handing him a bottle of water.

“She was just asking what I wanted for supper tomorrow night.” Chanyeol lied.

“Okay.” You sat on the chair beside his bed and pulled out your laptop.

“What are you doing?” He asked, lying down and turning towards you.

 “I have to answer some emails, and I have an essay that I should start.” You said, making a sad face. “It shouldn’t take me that long I don’t think.” You said, scrolling through your emails. “What day are you able to go back to school?” You asked him.

“I think the weekend after this coming week.” He said.

“You’re going to miss my show.” You said sadly.

“I know, I don’t want to miss it though. Baekhyun said he was going to tape it for me.” He smiled.

“Good, I really want you to see it.” You smiled, “Also Kai wants me to rehearse with him Sunday so we are going to take the train back Saturday night.”

“Alright.” He said plainly.

“Do you want me to stay till Sunday night?” You asked.

“Of course, because I want you to be with me, but I understand.” He said lightly. “You need to practice and perfect your dance.” He laughed.

“I can stay if you really want.” You said seriously.

“No, no. You go back with Kai.” He said, waving it off. “You need to! It’s a command.”

“Alright, but just let me know if you change your mind.” You laughed, looking back down to your emails.

You continued working for a long time as Chanyeol watched movies. You were able to get your essay not only started, but also completed and you started on your reflections for your philosophy class.

Your work was interrupted by a text from Kai. You looked up to see that Chanyeol was asleep so you turned the volume on your phone off and checked your texts.

From Kai

Tomorrow at eleven I’m getting you from the hospital.

To Kai

What about Chanyeol?

From Kai

Baekhyun is getting him. We are going to get stuff for him to surprise him when he gets home.

To Kai

That sounds like a great idea! Thank you! <3

You put your phone down, a smile on your face thinking about your plan with Kai.

* * * * *

Chanyeol continued sleeping long after you were done your work so you decided to go take a walk around the hospital.  

You made your way out of the ICU and down to the first floor cafeteria. All of the tables were full except for one that just had a little boy sitting at it. You went and bought a sandwich and walked over to the table.

“Could I sit here?” You asked the boy.

“Sure,” He said and shrugged.

You sat across from him and you noticed that he would glance at you every once and a while so you smiled at him.

“Are you a patient too?” He asked you after a couple minutes.

“No, I’m here visiting someone.” You said, nodding.

“My brother is here visiting me.” He said smiling. “My name is Taehyung.”

“My name is Sarah.” You said, shaking the hand he extended towards you. “So where’s your brother?”

“He just went to get something from my room, he’ll be back soon.”

You started to eat your sandwich and Taehyung continued to eat his soup. Suddenly Taehyung stood up on the bench and started to wave. You looked behind your shoulder to see a boy around your age walking towards the table, waving back at Taehyung.

“Sonhyung, this is Sarah.” Taehyung said happily as he pulled his brother next to him.

“Hi Sarah-ssi.” He nodded politely to you and you nodded back. “How old are you?” He asked.

“I’m twenty.” You replied.

“I am nineteen.” He said.

“You can call her noona!” Taehyung said loudly. Sonhyung just shook his head at his younger brother and you laughed.

You all sat in silence for a while as you and Taehyung finished eating. You got up and said goodbye to them.

“Hopefully I’ll see you again.” You said to Taehyung. “Bye, Sonhyun.” You nodded to his older brother.

“Are you going to the festival tomorrow?” Taehyung asked quickly before you left. “Sonhyung is taking me!”

“Then I will see you there!” You said high fiving him.  

You smiled to yourself as you road up the elevator to the third floor. Taehyung was such a cute kid, and you wondered what he was in the hospital for.

You walked down the hallway to Chanyeol’s room and saw him looking at something on his phone.

You went inside the room quietly and crept up beside him, kissing his cheek.

“What are you looking at?” You asked, peeking your head over his shoulder.

“Our first pictures we took together.”  He tilted the phone so you could see and you were looking at the two of you at Namsan Tower. “You are so pretty, and I look so scared.” He laughed.

“You were scared?” You asked, laughing at him.

“Of course I was. You put your arm around my waist and later that day you pretended we were dating.” He said. Chanyeol moved over so you could lie beside him on the bed.

“It felt like we were.” You smiled. “I don’t think we were ever really just friends.”

“Speak for yourself.” He laughed. “I was so friend zoned at the beginning when Kris wanted to take you under his wing.” He laughed.

“Oh whatever! You slept in my bed, you were never friend zoned.” You hit his shoulder.

“Kris slept in your bed the first night we all went out.” He said sternly.

“But I was super drunk and I always get like that when I drink.” You laughed. “It doesn’t count.”

“Well don’t go pulling other boys into your bed anymore.” He laughed.

“I’ll pull whoever I want into my bed.” You teased, going to get up.

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you back onto the bed. He kissed your temple as you fell beside him. He brushed the hair from your face and ran his finger along the scar on your cheek and on your neck.

“You are so beautiful.” He whispered. You blushed and put your hand on your cheek to cover the scar, but he pulled your hand away and kissed it. “You don’t have to hide anything from me.” 

“I know.” You said quietly. “It’s just hard to get used to.”

“What is?” Chanyeol asked, sitting up, leaning over you.

“Someone caring about me so much.” You said sheepishly.

“I love you more than anything else in the world.” Chanyeol whispered, lying back down beside you. “Everything about you is perfect.”

“You’re perfect. You are so patient and you aren’t trying to rush me into doing anything. You are my savior after everything that has happened.” You let out a deep breath and hugged him.

“I can’t wait until we are back in Seoul and can get to our normal lives again.” Chanyeol said.

“It will be so different though.” You said.

“How?”

“Well being a couple here will be different than at home. I mean, at home we have responsibilities and work and school and live with eleven other people.” You listed. “The real relationship will start.”

“I’m excited for it.” Chanyeol smiled. “I know that I will be keeping my room because I have a lot of stuff but is it safe to assume…”

“That you will be sleeping with me every night?” You asked, smirking at him. “Yes it is definitely safe to assume that.” You kissed him, wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling yourself closer to him.

Chanyeol was taken by surprise then started to kiss you back, his hand running down your back and onto your thigh, pulling your leg up onto him. You smiled as he kissed your neck, thinking how could it get any better.

You made out for a while then stopped, taking a deep breath. You were both really hot and you took a minute to cool off.

“We should probably stop.” Chanyeol said, kissing you again.

“Yea, definitely. I mean, we’re in a hospital.” You laughed, kissing him back.  


Thanks for reading guys! Its up a little later than I expected but its up! It's kind of a filler chapter. 

comment, upvote and subscribe!