If it Kills Me

Thirteen's a Crowd

You woke up around ten and put your hair up, not bothering to do much with your appearance. Chanyeol was still asleep so you figured you could get some editing done on your song.

After telling him what was going on you felt much better. Not about the situation but just about the fact that it wasn’t your problem to bear alone.

You worked away quietly, looking up every once and awhile at Chanyeol.

Your phone started to buzz, and you answered quickly.

“Hey! We’re on our way. We’ll see you in around a half hour.” Kai said happily.

“I thought you guys were coming at one?”

“Change of plans.” He said, “Kris has to drive Hyojin to the airport so we have to go earlier.”

“The airport?” You asked.

“Yea, I guess she’s doing an exchange for a couple weeks. So we’ll have to leave at two.” Kai said, “Anyways, see you in a bit.”

You hung up and shut down your computer.

“Chanyeol,” You shook his arm. “Chan, you have to get up now.” You crawled onto the bed, shaking him. You brought your face close “Chan-”

You were silenced with a kiss. He was smiling up at you when you opened your eyes.

“You look so beautiful.” He said groggily.

“Thank you, you have to get up!”

“Why?”

“They guys are going to be here in a half an hour. Kris has to take Hyojin to the airport or something at two so we have to leave earlier.”

“Did Kris tell you that?” he asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

“No, Kai told me. He just called.”

“Oh, okay.”

You sat on Chanyeol’s bed, watching him walking to and from the bathroom, getting ready. His phone rang.

“Hello?” He looked towards you, “My mother.” He mouthed. “Okay, everyone’s going to be here in a few minutes. I think they are leaving early. Yea that sounds great for dinner. Okay, have fun. Bye.” He tossed his cell phone on the bed.

“What was your mum saying?”

“She just wanted to know what she could bring me for dinner and to tell me that she’s going shopping for the day.”

“Alright.” You smiled lightly.

Chanyeol finished getting ready and sat next to you on the bed. 

“Do you feel any better?” He asked, putting his arm around your shoulders.

You shrugged, “If I don’t think about it.” You feigned laughter. “Everything seems just kind of pointless.”

“Like I said last night, you will be a mother.” He kissed your temple. “No matter what it takes.”

You rested your head on his shoulder, taking his other hand in both of yours and running your fingers along it.

The door flew open and Baekhyun walked in, “Why the long faces?” He laughed.

You put a smile on and pulled away from Chanyeol as the rest of the guys came into the room.

Everyone was hugging Chanyeol and talking about how worried they were. They all spread out around the room, sitting in the chairs, on the bed and the windowsill.

“Anyone want a coffee?” You asked, getting up. Everyone raised their hands, smiling up at you.

“I’ll help you.” Kai offered, and followed you out of the room.

When you got in the elevator you finally looked at him. “I told Chanyeol last night.”

“I figured, you both looked pretty solemn when we came in. Sorry about that, Baekhyun was just so excited.” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“It’s fine. I think it’s probably better that you guys came before it got worse.” You admitted. “Last night was definitely not one of the best.”

“Did it go poorly?”

“Well, no. Chanyeol was great about it, but he cried, I could tell he was really sad about it.”

“Of course he is.” Kai stated, “He wants you guys to have children.”

“I didn’t realize how much I wanted them too until all of this.” You said.

You both got the coffee in silence, Kai smiling at you whenever you happened to look his way.

On the way back from the cafeteria you walked past the emergency waiting room. You glanced in, not thinking about it but stopped suddenly when you saw a young mother with her baby. The baby was crying and the mother was rocking it back and forth, humming and kissing its forehead.

“Let’s go.” Kai nudged your back, pushing you towards the elevators. You went without looking back. You felt sick again.

You’re going to have to get over it, you thought to yourself.

You followed Kai silently back into the room, setting the coffee on the table for everyone to take.

Chanyeol blew you a kiss and you tried to smile back at him. You sat towards the back of the room alone, listening to everyone talk.

Kris moved from his spot and sat down next to you.

“I’m sorry.” He said again.

“Yea, I know.” You said quietly.

“Can you forgive me?”

“You were just saying how you really felt about it.” You said coolly, looking out the window. You could feel Chanyeol staring at you but you didn’t look at him.

“Can we please just be okay again?” He asked, “Like before…”

“Yeah…” You said, thinking it over. “I just want things to go back to the way they were.” You placed your hand on your stomach subconsciously.

“Good, me too.” You finally looked over at Kris and he was smiling brightly at you.

After sitting with him for a while you moved to sit next to Chanyeol on the bed.

He wrapped his arm around you and kissed your cheek before continuing to talk to Tao and Sehun.

“Oh Sarah,” Baekhyun got your attention, “My sister called a couple days ago and she has the fabrics in from Italy for your dress.”

“Oh that’s great.” You said, starting to perk up. “Do you know when she’ll be in town next?”

“I think the week after next, and if not you’ll see her at Christmas time.” Baekhyun said.

“Oh right.” You laughed, “I forgot Christmas is so soon.”

“Yea, you’ll love Christmas dinner.”

“Does something special happen?” You asked Baekhyun.

“Well my family and Chanyeol’s family always have dinner together on Christmas day. Nothing exciting is planned to happen, but there’s always a cycle. Our dads fight about business, or mums gush about mum things and this year we have a whole new wrench thrown in with the mix: my sister bringing her fiancé, and Chanyeol bringing you.” He took a deep breath, “So something special is bound to happen.”

“And by special he means awful.” Chanyeol cut in, laughing with Baekhyun.

Your mood lightened as everyone talked and before you knew it it was time for everyone to leave.

Everyone got up, gathering their coats and things.

“I’ll take this down for you.” Kai said, slinging your backpack over his shoulder.

“Thanks.” You waited for everyone to leave before you turned to say goodbye to Chanyeol.

He was leaning against the bed now, arms open for you. You walked over and hugged him, slipping yours hands under his shirt to feel his back.

“Trying to get to second base?” He teased.

“Maybe.” You winked.

“Well you should have thought of that earlier.” He laughed. “I’ll see you on Tuesday afternoon.”

“I’ll see you.” You kissed him.

“Feel better.” He kissed you again. “Do some work then relax, okay?”

“Okay.” After one last kiss you were off.

* * * * *

You slept the whole way home, not bothered by everyone’s talking.

When you got inside you said goodbye to everyone and went upstairs to have a nap. Kris was coming out of his room, getting ready to pick Hyojin up.

“See you.” You said to him, “Have fun with Hyojin!”

He just stared at you then finally nodded before walking downstairs.

You were too tired to think about what his problem was now so you went to bed.

* * * * *

You didn’t end up getting any work done the night before and went to your classes totally unprepared. Luckily in between your class and your studio time you got your song edited and you were finally happy with it.

You ran into the dance studio at the last minute, still putting on your shoes as you lined up next to Kai.

“…So, as I was saying,” There was a new instructor in. “I am going to be here until Christmas because Mrs. Kim is sick. You will split into two groups: one, three quarters of the class, and the other one-quarter. The smaller group has a week to individually choreograph their own dances and get people from the larger group to dance in them. Then you have until after the Christmas break to teach it and get music, with a performance when you return from the break.”

Everyone was looking around the room, deciding on whom they were going to work with.

“Understood?”

“Yes.” Everyone said in union.

“Alright, your teacher already separated the groups so look at the list and you have the class to get started.” She turned away to go back to the office attached to the studio.

Kai went to check the list as you tied up your shoes.

“So looks like you’re my dancer.” He said to you on his way back.

“Oh good.” You said happily. “Do you have any ideas?”

“Of course I do!” He laughed, “Do you think I can dance with you?”

“I don’t see why not.” You reasoned.

“Good, I have the perfect song.” He said giddily.

“What is it?” You asked, following him to his bag across the room.

“Just listen to it.” He got his phone and ear buds out.

You put them in your ears and sat down, turning the music up so you couldn’t hear anything else.

 

Hello, tell me you know

Yeah, you figured me out

Something gave it away

It would be such a beautiful moment

To see the look on your face

To know that I know that you know now

And baby that’s a case of my wishful thinking

You know nothing

Well you and I

Why, we go carrying on for hours on end

We get along much better

Than you and your boyfriend

Well all I really wanna do is love you

A kind much closer than friends use

But I still can’t say it after all we’ve been through

And all I really want from you is to feel me

As the feeling inside keeps building

And I will find a way to you if it kills me

If it kills me

 

You sat for a minute after the song was over and took a deep breath.

“That’s amazing.” You said, handing his phone back to him.

“Yea, I’ve been listening to it for a while now and really wanted to choreograph something to it.”

“Well, do with me what you will!” You laughed.

“You know, it’s great to see you getting back to normal.” He got up and offered his hands to help you up. “Now take the ballet shoes off.”

You spent the rest of the class trying out Kai’s ideas, and messing around, not in a hurry to get everything finished during the class.

“Are you going home too?” Kai asked you after the class was done.

“Yea, I don’t have anything left tonight and I want to do some laundry and stuff before Chanyeol gets home.”

“Oh yea, you must be excited for tomorrow.” He elbowed you and winked.

“I am.” You said, trying to ignore how he was trying to make it ual.

“You know, we can hear you guys sometimes.” He said after a few minutes.

“Ugh! Really?” You whipped your head around to look at him.

“Uh, yea. You guys are really loud sometimes.”

“I can’t believe you didn’t tell me before!” You hit his shoulder. “That’s so weird.”

“We told Chanyeol.”

“I can’t believe he didn’t tell me.” You huffed.

“I can.” Kai smirked.

“Gross.” You shook your head, trying to hold in a laugh.  


Thanks for reading guys! <3

Comment, and upcote please xoxo