Sign Your Life Away

Thirteen's a Crowd

You couldn’t believe today was finally the day when you got to sign your contract. You got dressed nicely, doing you hair and makeup, than checking them every time you walked past a mirror. You excitedly sat in the living room with some of the guys waiting for the time when you were to leave.

“Don’t be so nervous. You know you have the job.” Xiumin stated, laughing at you as you bounced up and down.

“I know that, I just can’t help it.” You sighed, letting all of the air out of you. “I can’t believe that this will be my work from now on.”

“Believe it.” Chen said, leaning back onto the sofa. “Can’t wait to come visit you at work and see all the girls in their tights and stuff.” He made a face.

“If you keep talking about it like that you are never coming to visit.” You laughed. “You can’t on all of the dancers.”

“I can if no one notices that I’m doing it.”

“That’s so wrong man.” Xiumin said, shaking his head at Chen.

Kai came running down the stairs, jacket in hand. “Ready?” He asked you.

“I am!” You said getting up. “Chanyeol!” You shouted up the stairs.

“Yea?” You could hear him walking around.

“We’re going now!”

“Hold on!” Loud footsteps echoed down the stairs. Chanyeol ran right into you at the bottom with his arms open. “Good luck today and have fun!” He pecked kisses all over your face.

“Thanks.” You smiled, hugging him tight. “I’ll see you in a few hours.”

You waved goodbye to everyone else and left with Kai.

The drive down to the ballet was maddening, the traffic was terrible and you spent more time stopped at red lights than you did actually driving.

“It’s a good thing we left early.” Kai stated.

“Yea, this is ridiculous.” You huffed. You tapped the steering wheel, eyes rolling in irritation.

The light finally turned green and you sped through, pulling into a parking spot haphazardly.

“Whoa, okay, don’t kill us.” Kai joked, pretending to steady himself on the steering wheel.

You both got out of the car and found the back door of the building.

“Hi,” You said to the receptionist, “I’m Cho Sarah, and this is Kim Jongin.” You said.

“Yes, take a seat here and Mr. Kim will be out in a few minutes to take you into his office.”

You both sat down, staring wide eyed at the open and modern interior. It wasn’t a minute later that Kim Sunwon opened the door into the main building.

“Hello, Sarah, Jongin, come right this way.” You followed him into the hallway; “I haven’t formally introduced myself to you both. I’m Kim Sunwon, director of the National Ballet. So first we will go over the contracts and then I will give you the tour. Also today you will be getting your keys. We have four large practice rooms for you classes, one studio that is the size of the stage and a half for rehearsals, and six small studios for the dancers to come in and work on their own.”

“That’s amazing.” You said, smiling wider and wider as he kept explaining the facilities.

You made it into his office and he walked around a large desk, “Please sit down.” He said as he sat. “Here are your contracts,” he placed them on the desk in front of you, “Your hours, what you get yearly, everything like that. I’ll give you a few minutes to go over everything.”

You went through the contract, nodding to yourself as you read. Working was going to be a big adjustment. Classes Monday and Tuesday, from nine until three and rehearsals Wednesday to Friday nine to six, with Saturdays for a month before opening. There were also extra seminars and things like that on Sundays sometimes. In the back of you head you thought about what Chanyeol was going to say about it.

“Now I do have an issue to discuss with both of you. We don’t usually allow people to date within the company, just because it can cause tensions if things end badly, and we don’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable or like they don’t want to come to work.”

You were really confused about what was going on.

“I’m sorry,” You said, “I don’t quite understand.”

“Well I saw that you both reside at the same address and I just wanted to let you know that even though we are making an exception for the two of you we will not tolerate any drama if things end.”

“Oh, you’ve got it wrong.” Kai laughed, leaning forward in his seat. “We’re just housemates.”

“Yea, I’m engaged.” You said, “To someone who can’t dance at all so you don’t have to worry about a thing!” You added.

“Oh,” Sunwon laughed, “Well in that case, never mind! Congratulations on your engagement.”

“Thank you sir.” You said, bowing your head.

“Now, the schedule you have won’t be quite like this yet, since they are already doing a ballet right now you will just have rehearsals and you will have private lessons on Thursdays then you will start in the company for The Nutcracker at the beginning of July. We find that the new dancers coming in in March gives a good amount of time to get adjusted and acquainted with the facilities and how we do things here. Do you have any questions?”

“I don’t think so.” Kai said, “Oh, uh, usually people don’t call me Jongin, they call me Kai.”

“Dually noted. I’ll change it on all the lists so there is no confusion.” He took a moment to write some things down, “Do you have any questions, Sarah?”

“Not at the moment.” You shook your head.

“Alright, then lets go on this tour.”

* * * * *

You got home three hours later, with a copy of your contract, signed and official, and a lot of things to talk to Chanyeol about.

“How did the meeting go?” he asked you, looking up from his computer.

“Good, what are you doing?”

“An essay.” He sighed, “I’m about four pages in and I still have ten to go.”

“Awh, whens it due?” You asked as you changed your clothes.

“Thursday. But I want to get it done by tomorrow night.”

You sat on the bed beside him, still holding your contract in your hand.

“One second, Let me finish this paragraph then I’m going to take a break and you can tell me all about your day.” He typed furiously for a couple more minutes and then set his laptop down on the nightstand. “I’m all yours.” He leaned back against the pillows and you turned to sit next to him, resting your arm on his stomach.

“So the place is great!” You explained all of the rooms and how you and Kai got to watch some of a class. “Oh when we were in signing our contracts Sunwon thought that Kai and I were together.”

“He did?” Chanyeol cocked his eyebrow.

“Yea, cause we had the same address.” You laughed, “We also got our schedules.” You handed him the copy of your schedule and lay beside him as he read through it.

“Wow, that’s really busy.” He laughed. “I mean, it’s great and I’m sure after we both get into the groove of things it will be better but I feel like I’m never going to see you. I have night classes a lot. And you’re away during the day.” He shook his head and put the paper down, he turned to you and hugged you, “Never mind, it’s going to be great!” he kissed your forehead. “We are still going to have loads of time to see each other.”

“On Monday will you come with me to get all my school stuff sorted?”

“Of course I will. Do you have special plans tomorrow?” He asked.

“Not at all. Stretching in the morning and that’s it.” You smiled. “And since I don’t have homework anymore absolutely nothing.”

“You should probably give your brother and Monica a call about your new job, since you haven’t said anything yet.” He reminded you.

“Yea, that’s a good idea.” You said, “Maybe I’ll just do that right now.”

“I’ll be here.” He laughed, picking his computer up again. “I really envy your new no homework lifestyle.” He pouted, getting back to his essay.

You kissed his cheek as he went to call your brother.

The phone rang for a little longer than usually before being answered by an out of breath Monica.

“Hello?”

“Hi Monica, It’s Seulgi!” You said, “Is this a bad time?”

“No, not at all!” She said, “I was just in the kitchen and Jason never remembers to put the phone back on the stand, I had to run around looking for it. What’s up?”

“I have some big news.” You said, “Is Jason there?”

“I think he is somewhere.”

“Could you find him? I want to tell you both at once.”

“Okay,” You could hear her shuffling around, “I think he’s outside… Jason!” She shouted away from the phone, “Okay, he’s coming.”

“Hi Seulgi!” Jason said into the phone.

“Hi Jason, hows it going?”

“It’s going pretty good, Just doing some work in the shed.”

“Sounds like fun. So I have some major news.” You paused for a moment, “I got a contract with the Korean National Ballet!”

“You did what?” Monica screamed so loudly that Chanyeol looked up from his work.

“I got offered a three year contract!” You squealed.

“That’s amazing!” Jason yelled, “Now, as soon as you know when the shows are tell us and we’re getting tickets for every night!”

You laughed at his eagerness, “I will for sure.” You laughed.

“Did you tell mum?” He asked.

“No, she called me around Christmas and I haven’t had the nerve to call her since. I know I should…maybe I will tomorrow.” You said hesitantly.

“So how are things with Chanyeol?” Monica asked, trying to break the awkward silence that was looming in.

“Good, we’re really busy with the wedding plans and the house and stuff. When we move in I would love it if you guys came up for a weekend or something and stayed with us.”

“We would love to.” Monica said, “We actually have some news for you too.” She said slyly.

“What is it?” You sat back down on the bed.

“Well we had to wait a while but I think it’s safe to tell you…we’re having a baby!”

“Really?” You stood up again quickly. “That’s amazing! I can’t believe it!” You really were happy for them but you found yourself faking some of your enthusiasm. “How long has it been?”

“We’re almost done the first trimester.” Jason said.

“Are you ready?” You asked him.

“I’m scared less.” He laughed, “But I think we will be great parents.”

“I know you will be.” You said, sighing sadly. “Listen, I have to go, but congratulations and I hope we can see each other son!”

“Congratulations to you too!” They said in union. “Talk to you later.” Jason added at the end.

“Bye guys.” You put your phone on the nightstand, getting under the blankets and closing your eyes to try to sleep.

“What’s their big news?” Chanyeol said, still typing away.

“Monica’s pregnant.” You said into your pillow.

“What?” he asked, “I couldn’t hear you.”

“Monica’s pregnant!” You half shouted, lifting your head.

“Oh…” Chanyeol closed the laptop and got up from the bed, turning the lights off. You watched as he took his jeans and sweater off, crawling under the covers with you. “Baby, it’s okay.” He hugged you, pulling your face into his chest.

“No.” You whispered. “I want to be happy for them, but I can’t.” You sobbed, just letting all of your feelings out with a rush of tears.

“I know, Sarah,” He rubbing your back soothingly, “I understand…” He kissed the top of your head. “I love you babe, and I just want you to be happy.”

“I love you too,” You hiccupped, “I have to get over it…I’m going to have to see them when she’s pregnant…and after the baby comes…”

“You don’t have to get over anything, it’s alright for you to be sad, I’m sad too…maybe this is a good time to get a meeting at the adoption agency.”

To Chanyeol’s surprise you nodded eagerly into his chest.

“This week?” You asked.

“I’d like that.” He whispered. “You must be tired from today.”

You nodded again, not moving from where you were.

“Why don’t you take a nap, I’ll get you a glass of water and then I’ll go work downstairs so I don’t bother you.” You let him leave the bed and listened as he went to fill up a glass of water for you. “It’s right here.” He said, placing it on his nightstand.

“Thanks.” You said, muffled by the pillow, his pillow actually, that you were now grasping.

“Do you want me to stay?” He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed, hand caressing your hair from your face.

“No, it’s okay. Go get your work done. I think I’ll be asleep soon anyways.”

“You’re sure?” He tilted your chin up so you were looking at him.

“I’m sure.” You pulled him down and gave him an Eskimo kiss.

“Okay, do you want me to wake you at a certain time?”

“No, just let me sleep.” You said through a yawn.

“Okay, sweet dreams.” He shut the door quietly behind him. 


Thanks for reading guys! I always feel like I should be writing more in these little blurbs after each chapter but I really don't know what to say >.< 

Comment and upvote <3