Preparations

Thirteen's a Crowd

You were woken up in the morning by an arm lazily wrapping around your waist. You looked over at the alarm clock and saw that it was only 8:30 in the morning. You groaned and pulled the blankets up further trying to go back to sleep.

You found yourself wide awake as you thought about the night before. You hated to think this but he really did make you feel like a . You were so nervous and you blushed as you thought back to it. The first time you guys had it was so rough and wild, unlike anything you would have pictured from Chanyeol.

You sighed happily as you thought about the next time you had that night; it was soft and slow as you looked at one another lovingly. You shivered as you reminisced.

“Are you cold?” You heard Chanyeol whisper groggily, flipping his head over on the pillow to look at you.

“No, it was just a thought.” You smiled. 

“What time is it?” He asked.

“You don’t want to know.” You warned. “It’s 8:30.”

“At night?” He asked, sitting up quickly.

“No, in the morning.” You laughed, turning onto your side.

Chanyeol lay down again. “We’ve only been asleep for four hours…” He mumbled through his hands.

“Yea,” You laughed lightly, “let’s go back to sleep.” You suggested. He pulled you closer and hugged you to his chest as you went back to sleep.

* * * * *

You woke up again three hours later and pulled yourself out of bed slowly, trying not to wake Chanyeol up. As you stood you groaned, feeling tender between your legs. It had been over a year since you had slept with someone and the roughness of the night before wasn’t exactly a slow ease back into it.

You walked into the bathroom and turned the bath on, wanting to relax for a while, since you knew that Chanyeol wasn’t going to get up any time soon. You stood in front of the mirror, staring at your body. You were always extremely confident of how you looked but you felt now that you were truly beautiful. You were engaged to your true love and you felt safe and complete for the first time in a long time.

You crept back into the bedroom to grab your book and earphones. Chanyeol was lying on the bed, the blankets placed conveniently over his manhood with the rest of his body exposed as he sprawled across the king-sized bed.

You went back into the bathroom and got into the tub, putting your earphones in and turning on Tchaikovsky’s The Sleeping Beauty. You opened your book and started to read, only getting through a couple pages before your eyes became drowsy and you just lay there with your eyes closed.

The bath oils and bubbles relaxed you as the atmosphere became soft. The lights were dimmed and the next thing you knew it was the second act of the ballet. You took your headphones out and noticed a light knocking.

“Sarah?” You heard Chanyeol ask from the other side of the door. “Can I come in?”

“Yea.” You lay back down in the tub, closing your eyes.

You heard him open the door and quickly run past you into the separate room with the toilet. He reappeared after a minute and washed his hands quickly before walking over to the tub and kneeling down beside it.

“Good morning.” He said happily, kissing your cheek, your eyes were still closed.

“It is.” You smiled. You looked over at him and saw that he was looking down at the ground. “Are you okay?” You asked.

“Uh…yea…” He took a deep breath. “My head just really hurts right now.”

“Is there anything I can do?” You asked. You looked at the bandage on his head sadly; maybe you shouldn’t have stayed up all night.

“No, you’re perfect how you are.” He smiled. He stood up and you looked over his tall, thin frame.

“I love you,” You said suddenly, “Will you come in here with me?” You asked, reaching out and touching his hand.

Chanyeol didn’t say anything; he just took his boxers off and slid into the tub behind you. You leaned back against his chest, pulling his arm around you. 

“Chanyeol…” You said solemnly.

“Yea Sarah?” He asked, looking down on you, worry flashing through his eyes for a moment.

“You should stay home tonight.” You stated.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because you have a headache and you need to rest. I shouldn’t have made you stay up all night with me.” You said guiltily. You hated that you were ruining what happened last night by being sad but you were concerned for his wellbeing and you wanted him to get better as soon as possible.

“I stayed up because I wanted to, and I’m going with you. I was invited and I’m going to go.” He insisted.

“Are you sure?” You asked worriedly.

“Of course.” He smiled. You could tell he was still in pain.

There was a knock at the door and you both tensed instantly, not used to the fact that people knew you were a couple.

“Uh, yea?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s Lena…” Your face flushed as you heard her talking outside the door. “The nurse just called and is going to be here in a half hour, and I also have your medication.”

“Put it on the table and I’ll take it later.” He said.

“Make sure that you take it as soon as your out.” She insisted, you could just picture her face as she spoke to him.

“I’ve got it Lena.” He said sharped and you laughed.

Lena must have heard you because she stuttered as she spoke again, “Oh…uh, sorry, I didn’t know…sorry.” You heard the bedroom door close and you started to laugh.

“You’re so mean to her now.” You stated.

“Well it’s hard for me to be nice to her after what she did.” He huffed.

“I’ve tried to made amends.” You said to him. You felt Chanyeol shift behind you so that he was sitting up more and you turned around to look at him, your legs now draped over his.

“You are so kind.” He smiled.

“Well I don’t know about that.” You laughed.

“You are the kindest person I know.” He assured you. “You put up a hard front and are so tough around everyone but you know when it really matters.” His finger brushed across your scar on your face and down to the one on your neck as he kissed both of them.

You put your hand on your cheek to cover it.

“Don’t do that.” He pulled your hand away. “I don’t care about any of that.” He stated.

“I know you don’t, but I do.” You sighed, “I don’t want to but I don’t want you to look at me and just see what happened to me.”

“I don’t see that in you at all.” He quickly assured you, he pulled you close, wrapping his arms around you tightly.

“Let’s get out and go get something to eat.” You said kissing his chest.

You both got out of the tub and dried off, you put on your matching pajama pants and you put one of his sweaters on over your tank top. You brushed your hair out in front of the mirror and noticed Chanyeol staring at you.

“What?” You asked, laughing.

“Nothing, just watching my fiancé.” As he said that you picked up the ring and put it back on your hand.

“It still feels like a dream.” You said offhandedly as you shook your hair out.

“Well it isn’t and its just gonna keep getting better, babe.” He winked jokingly and you took his hand as he led you down to the kitchen.

As soon as you sat down on the bar stool Chanyeol took his pills, showing you the empty cup sarcastically.

“The nurse should be here soon.” You said, “Should we wait until after to make food?”

“Yea, I guess so.”

* * * * *

The nurse seemed to be there forever, Chanyeol wouldn’t let you in the room with them so you started getting lunch ready, getting all of the side dishes out on the counter and then starting to make some rice.

You heard the library door open and you peeked your head around the kitchen doorway.

“Hi.” The nurse said, nodding to you, “He is in great shape. It’s a good thing he is young, he is healing so fast.” You walked with her and Chanyeol over to the door, “And congratulations on your engagement.” She said to you before leaving the house.

“See, I’m fine to go out tonight.” He said just as he shut the door.

“I believe you,” You said rolling your eyes. “I made lunch.” You said absentmindedly walking slowly to the kitchen.

“Good I’m starving!” Chanyeol ran past you. By the time you reached the kitchen he was already eating, shoving as much as he could into his mouth. “What should we wear tonight?” He asked through a mouthful of kimchi.

“Just wear black jeans and a collared shirt.” You said.

“What are you wearing?”

“I’m not sure, probably just a blouse and leggings.”

“Are you going to wear the coat I got you?” he asked, smiling.

“Of course, its one of my new favorite possessions.”

* * * * *

You spent the whole afternoon getting ready, doing your hair and makeup and changing your outfit a hundred times as Chanyeol played Xbox, ignoring you running around him.

“Does this look good?” You asked, turning around.

“Yea, looks great Hun.” He said, not even glancing at you.

“I’ve said yes and now he wont even look at me.” You said under your breath, half joking.

“I heard that.” Chanyeol said over his shoulder. “You know I only have eyes for you.”

“Good.” You changed one last time and walked over so that you were standing directly in front of the television.

“That’s the one.” He smiled at you.

“This is the first one I put on.” You slumped, walking over to sit beside him.

“Are you nervous or something?” he asked, pausing his game.

“No…yea.” You admitted. “I just haven’t spent a lot of time with them in years and I’m just worried. He’s going to want to talk about mum.” You said sighing.

“Maybe you should talk to her.” Chanyeol said. “Tell her that we’re engaged. I’m sure she would want to know.”

“It’s not that easy.” You said.

“I know it isn’t but just see what Jason has to say about it.” He kissed the top of your head and put his arm around you. You both sat just staring at the paused Xbox game for a while before deciding it was time to leave.   

* * * * *

As you pulled up to Jason’s house you took a deep breath, telling yourself to relax.

“This is going to be great.” Chanyeol smiled, kissing your cheek before getting out of the car and walking around to open the door for you.

You walked up to the doorway with your arm linked in his. You rang the doorbell and waiting, holding your breath anxiously.

“I love you.” He said just before the door opened. 


Thanks for reading guys! 

Comment, upvote and subscribe! You have no idea how much seeing your comments means to me! <3