The Festival

Thirteen's a Crowd

“So what’s the plan for tonight?” Kai asked you.

“I’m not really sure.” You said, “I don’t know if Chanyeol will be able to be around a lot because he has to rest, but I promised Taehyung that I would do some rides with him.”

“He is the little kid at the hospital?” Kai asked, looking over at you from the drivers seat.

“Yea.” You smiled. “He is really sweet. You will all like him.” You assured Kai.

“I’m glad you will be doing stuff with us.” He said.

“Yea, I think Chanyeol will be okay by himself for a few hours. He told me to enjoy the festival anyways.” You smiled. You turned the radio up and sang along to Girl’s Generation’s Genie.

“Do you know all the words to ever SNSD song?” Kai laughed.

“Yea, Listening to them is how I learned Korean really well.” You stated.

Kai pulled into Chanyeol’s driveway. It was 1:30 and you hoped the Chanyeol would be home now. Kai checked his phone before you got out of the car and went inside with all of the things you bought Chanyeol.

You and Kai went up to the bedroom and started to take everything out of the bags. You bought Chanyeol a few video games and movies and then a lot of snacks and junk food.

“Do you think this is all enough to keep him busy for the next week or so?” You asked Kai.

“I think so,” Kai said, looking at the bed full of stuff. “We got a lot of stuff.” He said.

You heard the door open and close and voices talking at the bottom of the stairs. Kai left the room quickly and ran down to join them.

“Hey you’re back!” You heard him say.

“Yea, is Sarah upstairs?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yea, she’s in the bedroom.” Kai said again.

You could hear mumbling but couldn’t hear what they were saying then Kai and Baekhyun said goodbye and left. You heard Chanyeol walking up the stairs and you sat waiting for him.

“Hey!” You smiled as he appeared in the doorway.

“Hey, I missed you.” He said taking his coat off. He walked over and knelt down in front of you hugging you.

“I missed you too.” You said, kissing him.

He looked behind you and saw all of the stuff you and Kai had bought. “Wow that’s a lot.”

“Yea, I think we might have got a bit too much but I just wanted to make sure you weren’t bored once I go back to school.” You said.

“I definitely won’t be.” He laughed, picking up the video games and reading the backs of them. “These sound good. You have good taste.” He laughed.

“Kai picked them out.” You admitted.

“I actually got you something too.” Chanyeol said. He walked out of the room and picked up a bag that was sitting outside the door and brought it in.

“What is it? You didn’t have to get me anything.” You said quickly.

“You’ll like it.” was all he said as he handed you the bag.

You opened it and pulled out a coat.

“It’s supposed to be pretty cold tonight so I wanted to get you a new coat.” He took the coat from you and helped you put it on.

“It’s beautiful!” You squeeled as you looked in the mirror. “You picked this out on your own?”

“Of course I did.” He laughed. “…with Baekhyun’s help.”

“You guys are so good.” You said as you took the jacket off and laid it over the chair.  

“Well it was mostly me,” Chanyeol insisted.

“Of course.” You smiled. You took his shirt collar and pulled down so that his face was at your level.

“I love you.” You said. You took a deep breath, not realizing how emotional you were.

“I love you too.” He hugged you and picked you up. He carried you over to the bed and sat down with you on his lap, just like the other night.

You sat staring at him and playing with his hair for a minute as you tried to organize your thoughts.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked, taking your hand and placing it on his cheek. “You look sad.”

“Not sad…” You smiled lightly as a tear fell from your eye. “I’m grateful.”

Chanyeol wiped the tear from your face with his thumb. “Don’t cry.”

“I’m sorry. I was just so scared that I was going to lose you and it would have all been my fault because I made you upset.” The guilt was weighing down on you heavily and it felt good to say it out loud to him.

Chanyeol took your face in his hands. “Is that what you think?”

You nodded slowly. “It’s just that before I left you wouldn’t look at me and you were so angry and you just shut me out.” You started to cry harder and Chanyeol wrapped his arms around you your hair.

“I was being stupid, and I know that that hurt you…the way I acted. I will never do that again. It was silly of me to try to hold something over you that happened before we had ever met.” He kept apologizing as you cried, but you didn’t know how to make him see that you weren’t mad at him you were just grateful that he was okay and with you.

“Stop apologizing.” You said. “I don’t care about that at all.” You wiped your eyes and tried to smile. “I love you so much.” You ran your fingers across his cheek and over his lips.

You kissed him and then pulled away. Chanyeol had his hands on your waist and pulled you back towards him, kissing you strongly. You leaned into him and smiled as he kissed you. He leaned back onto the bed so that you were straddling him. You could feel yourself heating up and you got butterflies in your stomach every time his hands touched your bare skin. You were getting goose bumps as he made circles on your hips with his fingers.

“Are you sure you’ve never been with any girls?” You teasingly asked him.

“My whole life I’ve been waiting for you.” He said cheesily, winking. He grabbed you and swung you around so you were lying on the bed and he was looking down on you. “You are an angel.”

You blushed and laughed, “You’re so full of it.”

“I’m serious, you are a fallen angel.” He laughed and kissed you. “You’re the devil.” He teased.

“Cause you want me to be naughty?” You laughed. You had never spoken like this with him before, you were joking but at the same time it was serious it was a very different feeling for you.

Chanyeol kissed your neck. “Do you want to be?” You smiled at him but he got serious before he continued, “Only as far as you want.” He whispered as he kissed your cheek.

Even when he was trying to be seductive Chanyeol still took the time and effort to make sure you knew that he just wanted you to be happy and comfortable and that meant the world to you. Hearing him say that made your heart explode with love and you pulled him close to you as you started to kiss again.

You pulled his shirt up and you could feel his bare stomach on yours. You took a deep breath to try to relax yourself and took his shirt all the way off of him. You kissed down his neck and to his chest, placing your hand over his heart and just feeling his skin.

All of a sudden you heard voices outside and the door opened to Baekhyun and Sehun talking.

“Uh…” You heard and you pushed Chanyeol off of you.

“Sorry.” Baekhyun laughed.

Chanyeol stood up and put his shirt on quickly.

“Looks like we were interrupting something good.” Sehun winked at Chanyeol.

“We just came up to say that the festival is starting and your parents need you downstairs fully clothed so go start the show.” Baekhyun laughed harder.

“Ya know, you guys could try knocking,” You said disdainfully, fixing your hair.

“You should just leave your hair like that.” Sehun said. “The hair really suits you.” Chanyeol hit him in the stomach as he walked past Sehun.

Sehun walked over to you and started talking, pulling you away from Chanyeol and Baekhyun who you could see whispering by the door.

“Will you go on rides with me?” Sehun asked.

“For sure!” You said. “Since Chanyeol won’t be down you can be my haunted house partner as well.”

“I’ll do my best.” He laughed.

“Lets go down now.” Baekhyun said to Sehun.

“I’ll go with you guys.” You smiled. You hugged Chanyeol and told him you would see him in a few minutes before taking your new jacket and following Sehun and Baekhyun downstairs.

“I like your jacket.” Baekhyun smiled.

“Thanks.” You smiled slyly. “And thanks for picking it out.”

“Anytime.” He laughed.

You all got your coats and shoes on and went out to the massive backyard to see the festival ready to start. There was a large crowd in front of the stage waiting for the opening speech to start. You spotted the rest of the guys and ran over giving them all hugs.

“I missed you guys!” You said over and over again.

“We missed you too.” Tao said, hugging you again.

“Hyojin!” You said hugging her.

“Hey Sarah!” She smiled. “I’m so happy that I was invited.”

“Yea this is going to be awesome! We can go on rides together.” You smiled. The two of you talked for a while about small things when Kris came over and put his arm around Hyojin’s shoulders.

“Are you guys dating now?” You asked, surprised that she hadn’t said anything.

“Yea,” Kris smiled. He kissed the top of Hyojin’s head and glanced at you.

“That’s great!” You were so happy for them, and that meant that Hyojin would be around more to hang out with.

There was suddenly a silence and you all turned towards the stage. Chanyeol was standing with his family as his dad started to speak into the microphone.

“Thank you all for coming tonight…” He continued to thank sponsors and people that help donate to make the festival possible. “Now, my family and I are happy say that the 34th annual Halloween festival has officially begun!” As he said this all of the rides started and the carnival games lit up.

You smiled widely. “This is going to be so much fun!” You yelled, jumping as you held onto Luhan’s shoulders.

The group of you moved towards the stage as the patrons vacated the area. Chanyeol came down to meet you and everyone hugged him saying that when they heard they were worried and that they were glad he was all right and doing well.

Chanyeol finally made his way to you and took your hand. “That jacket looks perfect on you.” He whispered.

“Thanks, I love it.” You leaned your head on his shoulder as you all stood in the group and talked.

“It’s starting to get dark!” Kyungsoo said happily. “That means the haunted houses will be starting soon!”

“I can’t wait!” You laughed. “Sehun is going to be my partner.” You said to Chanyeol.

“Well good luck, he will probably be more scared than you are.” Chanyeol . “What time is it?”

“Like 5:15.” Luhan said as he checked his phone.

“Okay, I’m going to go upstairs, Ill see you all later.” He kissed your check and started to walk back to the house.

“What are we going to do first?” Kai asked.

“I have to go find Taehyung cause I promised I would go on some rides with him. He can’t stay really late because he has to go back to the hospital I think.” You looked over and saw Kris whispering something to Hyojin who smiled brightly and then turned towards you and started pointing at you. “What?” You asked.

“Nothing!” They said quickly, laughing.

“Lets go.” You grabbed Sehun and Kai and started walking around looking for Taehyung and Sonhyung. After walking for ten minutes you spotted Sonhyung. You ran over to him, calling his name. “Sonhyung-ssi!”

“Hi Sarah-ssi.” He bowed politely and you introduced him to Sehun and Kai.

“Where’s Taehyung?” You asked, looking behind Sonhyung.

“He’s just in the washroom, he should be out in a minute.” You al stood and talked as you waited for Taehyung.

“Noona!” You heard, and saw Taehyung running towards all of you. You bent down and hugged him when he got close enough to you.

“Are you ready to have some fun?” You asked, reaching your hand out.

“Yea!” He yelled, jumping up and down.

“Okay, you pick which ride we’re going to go on first!”

* * * * *

Chanyeol left the group and walked back up to the house, meeting Baekhyun there after you had gone with Kai and Sehun.

“Is the band here?” Chanyeol asked him.

“Yea, I talked to them. They are behind the stage, they are just practicing and unloading all of their instruments.” Baekhyun said, nodding.

“Do they have the updated set list?” He asked.

“Yes, I gave that to them as well and they said it wouldn’t be a problem.

“Good, so My Everything and then I’ll come on and say my little speech and get Sarah to come up and I will propose and hopefully she will say yes. After that they are going to play Hallelujah.” Chanyeol took a deep breath. “As long as they get that right I will be happy. As long as she says yes I will be happy.

“Relax. She is going to say yes.” Baekhyun said putting his hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder. “She had you half in your room today.”  He winked.

“She was probably so embarrassed by you walking in.” Chanyeol said putting his head in his hands.

“Why? She wasn’t the one with her shirt off.” He laughed. “Come on, you have to get dressed and take something so that you don’t pass out onstage.”

* * * * *

You had on a couple rides with Taehyung and you were walking around with him, talking as Sonhyung, Kai and Sehun followed a few steps behind.

“Do you want something to eat?” You asked Taehyung. He nodded smiling brightly. “What do you want? It’s all your choice, its on Noona.”

“Deep fried squid?” He asked, looking up at you. You nodded excitedly and followed him over to the booth.

You bought everyone deep fried squid and you all went to find a picnic table to eat at.

“Sonhyung said that the guy standing on stage was your boyfriend, Noona.” Taehyung said.

“He is.” You said.

“Are you going to get married?” He asked.

You chocked on your squid at the question, “Well I don’t know.” You laughed.

“That’s what Noonas and Hyungs do.” Taehyung said though a mouthful of food. “They get married.”

“That’s true.” You laughed.

You didn’t notice but Kai and Sehun were staring at one another knowingly.

“Noona, you’re twenty right?” Taehyung asked.

“I am.” You smiled. You finished up your squid and started to collect all of the garbage.

“That means you can have a baby soon too!”

“Lets not get ahead of ourselves.” You said and everyone laughed. 


Thanks for reading guys! I feel like I have been horrible with updating but since my school has gone on strike everything has been really up in the air and hectic. 

Thanks again though!

Comment, upvote and subscribe!