When the Truth Comes Out

Thirteen's a Crowd

You started to wind the garland around the banister and it was a perfect fit. When you made your way back into the living room Chanyeol was setting up nutcrackers in front of the fire place and talking on the phone.

“That’s perfect, thank you!” He hung up the phone. “The tree is on its way!” He said happily as he turned towards you.

“Really?” You jumped up and hugged him.

Chanyeol held you up and spun you around. You kissed him as he set you back on the floor.

“Come on, lets get the rest of this stuff set up so we can do the tree when it gets here!”

* * * * *

You got finished decorating at the right time. Just as you set down the last decoration someone rang the doorbell.

Chanyeol went to go answer it and you stood back happily as two men came into the living room carrying a tree and Chanyeol following behind them with the stand.

“Thank you so much!” You said to the deliverymen as they set the tree up for you. “It’s even nicer than I imagined.”

“Just doing our jobs.” One of the men said, smiling at you. “That should be it!” He said, clapping his hands together.

“Great, thanks again!” Chanyeol said. He walked them to the door, as you started taking the ornaments out.

The lights flickered.

“Ugh, not again.” You said to yourself.

Chanyeol came back into the room, looking at the tree proudly.

“Let’s do this!” He exclaimed.

So you started decorating the tree. You decorated the bottom and Chanyeol decorated the top.

The lights flickered a few more times.

“Is it storming or something?” You asked, looking out the window. “It doesn’t look that bad out.”

Then you heard a loud crack, and then the lights went out.

“What was that?” You asked Chanyeol.

“I’m not sure.” He walked to the front of the house and looked out the window. “…”

“What?”

“A tree fell on the power line.” He sighed. “I’ll call the power company, just keep decorating the tree.” He brushed his hand along your arm as he walked past you upstairs to get his phone.

Luckily, the sun was still going to be up for a long time so the power could get fixed before the sun went down. Hopefully.

You continued with the ornaments, humming Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker as you went.

You started dancing along as you hummed. Although you had been a part of The Nutcracker you had never gotten the chance to be the Sugar Plum Princess. Decorating the tree and looking around Chanyeol’s large mansion of a house brought back all of the feelings from rehearsing.

“So I guess that they wont have it fixed until late tonight or tomorrow but I called Baekhyun and he said we can stay there tonight ‘cause they still have power.” Chanyeol said, lying down on the couch.

“Alright.” You smiled. “When do you want to go over?”

“Well, it’s only one thirty now so we could go over around when it get dark? We can just hang out here.”

“What are we going to do with no power?” You asked, sitting next to him on the couch.

“Hang out in bed.” He laughed, exaggerating it to sound crazy as he threw you over his shoulder and started to run upstairs.

“But I’m not done with the tree!” You laughed, kicking your legs.

“You can finish it later!” He smacked your .

“Okay!” You laughed.

Chanyeol dropped you on the end of the bed, crawling over you and kissing you.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and tangled your fingers in his hair.

“Do you hear that?” You asked, pulling away after a couple minutes.

“No.” Chanyeol said breathlessly, kissing and on your neck.

“I hear something.” You said again. “I think it’s my phone.”

“Just leave it.” He mumbled. “It will stop in a second.”

You reached your hands lower, grabbing his and grinding against him. He groaned, moving with you slowly.

“God, I love you so much.” He huffed.

Your phone started to buzz again and you pulled away from Chanyeol a bit, stopping your movement.

“Baby,” He whined, “Ignore it.”

“Just let me answer it, and then we can continue without being interrupted.” You kissed him again, long and hard.

You rolled over, crawling up the bed towards your phone on the nightstand.

You felt Chanyeol smack your as you grabbed your phone. You looked back at him, warning not to do anything more.

He gave you an innocent look.

“Hello?” You said into the phone, lying down on the bed.

“Uh, hi Sarah. It’s Baekhyun. I was trying to get a hold of Chanyeol but he must not be around his phone.”

“Oh, yea I think he left it downstairs.” You said. You could feel the bed shifting around you.

“Well I forgot to tell Chanyeol, and I just wanted to let you guys know that my family and I are all going out tonight for a function at my father’s work…”

You looked over your shoulder to see Chanyeol leaning over you. He slid his hands under your shirt, running his nails down your sides, making you shiver.

He brought his hand down across your again and you yelped into the phone.

“Uh…” Baekhyun coughed awkwardly, “So anyways, we’re going to be out late and just wanted to let him know that there is a spare key under the third step up to the back deck.”

Chanyeol started kissing your neck and you let out a low moan.

“O-okay, Baek, I’ll tell him.” You took a deep breath, “See you-you later.”

You hung up quickly and Chanyeol flipped you over.

You hit his chest.

“You’re so bad!” You said, blushing. “You couldn’t wait to do that until I was done.”

“You liked it,” He said lowly, “I heard that moan.” He leaned in, brushing his lips against yours and you leaned towards him only to have him pull away.

You reached your hand down and grabbed his outside of his pants, slowly palming it.

“Do you want to hear it some more?” You whispered.

* * * * *

You spent the next few hours in bed, cuddling and reading in each others arms as the house started to get colder and colder.

“Sarah, you’re freezing.” Chanyeol yelped as you tucked your hands under his back.

“No I’m not.”

“Yes you are.” He tucked the blankets around the other side of your tightly and hugged you. “We should really go over to Baekhyun’s now.”

“But I don’t want to leave the bed.” You pouted. “I just want to cuddle with you here.”

He looked at you sternly.

“Just for a half hour more?” You begged.

“Fine…but you are seriously so cold.” He said again.

“Be quiet and cuddle me.” You said with aegyo.

You dozed on and off for a little while, trying and failing to ignore how cold you were.

“Sarah, let’s go now.” Chanyeol said.

“Fine.” You sighed.

He got out of bed, collecting his clothes and putting them on quickly. He then picked your clothes up for you and handed them to you so you could get dressed under the warmth of the covers.

“Do we have to bring a lot of stuff over?” You asked.

“I don’t think so, I’m just going to pack our pajamas and tooth brushes.” He said, “If you want to bring anything else just put it in the bag.” He dropped the duffle bag on the bed.

“Okay.” You pulled your sweater over your head and reluctantly got out of bed.  “Let’s go!”

You both ran around the house making sure the light switches were turned off incase the power came back on in the middle of the night. Then you started the walk over to Baekhyun’s house.

* * * * *

You got upstairs to Baekhyun’s room and turned the television and fireplace on, sitting on the couch and trying to get warm.

You flipped through the movies, not seeing anything in particular you wanted to watch.

“You choose something.” You said, giving Chanyeol the remote, “I’m going to put my pajamas on.”

“Alright.”

You felt a wave of anxiety come over you as you stood in the bathroom. You inhaled and exhaled deeply, trying to stay calm. You didn’t even know what was wrong.

You thought about the wedding plans, and Chanyeol’s mother telling you guys to start getting things in order, but you didn’t think that was the problem.

You started to change, putting Chanyeol’s shirt on and pajama pants. You looked at yourself in his clothes and felt so small.

You washed off your makeup and took the bun out of your hair, just putting it in a ponytail.

You walked out of the bathroom shuffling towards the couch slowly.

“Took you long enough,” He laughed, still looking at the television.

You didn’t say anything, you just sat beside him, tucking your legs up and resting your head on his shoulder.

“Sarah?” He waited but you didn’t respond. “What’s wrong honey?”

You shrugged, feeling tears starting to well up in your eyes.

“You can talk to me.” He moved his arm, wrapping it around you and pulling your close, his other hand your hair.

“I don’t really want to talk right now.” You sniffed, rubbing your nose on the back of your hand.

“That’s fine baby.” He whispered. “I just want you to feel better.”

Chanyeol turned back towards the television but every few minutes he would squeeze your shoulder or kiss your forehead, just so you knew he was there for you.

You’re eyes started to get tired and you had a headache from holding back the tears and soon you fell asleep.

* * * * *

- Chanyeol’s POV -

I sat on the couch watching television after putting Sarah in Baekhyun’s bed. I didn’t know what spare room he wanted us to stay in and I wanted her to be close incase she woke up.

Around eleven thirty I heard people downstairs and walked over to the stairs waiting for Baekhyun to come up.

As he came up the stairs I shushed him, motioning towards his room.

Although the bed was in a separate room there was no door.

“Is Sarah in there?” Baekhyun asked as we both sat down on the couch.

“Yea, I’m sorry. I didn’t know where we were going to be sleeping and she was really upset so I just put her there when she fell asleep. So she was close if she woke up.” I explained.

“So she was close? What is she a baby?” Baekhyun laughed.

“Keep it down.” I warned. “No, not because she’s a baby. She has been going through a really hard time over the last few weeks.” I said vaguely.

“Cause of your operation? Yea, that would be hard, but she knows you’re all better now!” Baekhyun clapped your shoulder.

“No, it’s not that.”

“Because of the guy that attacked her?”

“No…” I paused for a moment, thinking about what to say. Then I decided to just tell him. “Listen, you can’t tell her I told you. She would kill me.”

“Yea, no worries man. I wont say anything.” He nodded.

“So, when I was in the hospital, in surgery, Sarah thought she was pregnant so she went to get tested.” I waited as Baekhyun processed the information. “No she’s not pregnant.” You said before he could ask.

“So what’s the problem?”

“They found something abnormal and did some other tests. The doctor told her that she won’t be able to have children.” I rubbed my face, trying to keep it together. It was the first time I was telling anyone.

When I looked up, Baekhyun’s face was crestfallen.

“Wow, I’m so sorry Chan.” He sighed, “I can’t believe it. You must be heartbroken.”

“Yea, it’s hard to think about. I try not to, not until we are closer to that point in our lives…” I took a deep breath, “But I can’t stop. Every time I look at Sarah I just see how amazing she would be as a mother, what a great family we would be.”

“Well there must be something?” He asked.

“I guess there are some treatments she could try but they have a very small chance of working. She doesn’t want to think about them right now. I just wish I could make her feel better.” I explained. “Today was good, we were having a great time, then after we got here she went to change into her pajamas and when she came back she was crying. I know she is just holding it all in and I don’t know what to do. I want her to talk to me about it.”

“Well, if you want her to talk to you, maybe you should talk to her about it first.”

“I know…I just don’t want to ruin the good days.” I sighed. “Sarah’s had such a hard time since she’s got here and I just want to be the person who makes her feel better, not worse.”

“I know man.” Baekhyun said, “Well I don’t really, but I do know that Sarah has had a really bad time and that you are the one that makes it easier. I couldn’t even imagine what it would be like to be in that position.”

“Yea, well it’s worth it.”

“I can tell.” Baekhyun nodded, “Maybe I should start trying to find myself a Sarah.” He laughed.

“Yea, preferably not named Sarah,” I laughed, leaning back against the couch. “So you can stop thinking about mine.”

“Ha. Ha.” He said sarcastically. “I don’t think about her…that often.”

We talked for a while longer, drifting off of the topic of Sarah.

“I’m gonna go to bed.” Baekhyun said, “You guys just stay up here and I’ll go to the spare room.”

“Okay, thanks Baek.”

“Goodnight.” 


Thanks for reading! 

Comment and upvote!! <3