Coming Back Around

Thirteen's a Crowd

You stretched your arm out, hitting something and recoiling quickly.

“Are you okay?” You heard Chanyeol ask.

“Yea…” You rubbed your eyes, “sorry, I was just stretching…are we in Baekhyun’s room?”

“Yea,” You felt him rolling over, “You fell asleep on the couch so I just put you in here.”

“Thanks, baby.” You reached out, rubbing his arm, “Sorry for ruining your night.” You said through a yawn.

“Come here.” He said.

You moved closer to him from the corner of the bed.

He took your face in his hands, tangling his legs with yours. “I don’t want you to feel like you are going through this alone.” He whispered. “It hurt’s me too.” You could hear his voice wavering, “I just want to be strong for you.”

You turned your head, kissing the palm of his hand. “You are already so strong for me. I know you’re hurting too.”

He kissed you sweetly, resting his forehead against yours.

“You know, I dream about what our life could be like.” You said softly. “In my dreams we have lots of kids, and you are the best father anyone could ever have. You are so loving, and you go to all of their games and recitals…and we still find time for date nights.”

“I have those dreams too, baby.” He said, “You are the best mom. You will do anything for our kids, and you spoil them even though we would agree that we weren’t going to do that.” He laughed.

“We would be the best parents.” You sighed.

“We will be the best parents.” He corrected.

“I love you Chanyeol.”

“Forever and ever.”

* * * * *

You woke up feeling more reassured than you had since you got the bad news.

You got up and went into the sitting room area of Baekhyun’s loft to see him sitting on the couch on his computer.

“Hey.” You smiled, sitting beside him.

“Good morning.” He said, closing the laptop. “Did you sleep well?”

“Yea, your bed is really comfortable.” You nodded, “I haven’t had a good sleep like that in a really long time.”

“You guys better not have done anything in there.” He warned.

“Oh don’t worry, when we sleep in other people’s beds we feel like if we’re going to do anything it’s only polite to invite the owner of the bed to join, so you’re in the clear.” You teased.

He huffed. “I can’t believe you know about that.” He said, putting his head in his hands.

“I don’t know how everyone thought I wouldn’t find out.” You laughed.

“It’s all Kai’s fault.” He laughed, embarrassed. 

“Yea, and I’m sorry about the phone call yesterday…” You said awkwardly. “He just wouldn’t stop.”

“Uh, yea, no worries. I can’t really blame him.” He laughed.

“Blame who for what?” Chanyeol asked, coming around the corner.

“Blame you for that awkward phone call yesterday.” You said, filling him in.

“Yea, you really can’t.” He winked at you and fell down onto the couch.

The three of you hung out for the morning, watching television and chatting about all different things.

When you made it back to Chanyeol’s house the power was, thankfully, back on.

“Can we finish decorating the tree now?” You asked.

“Of course.”

You started on the decorations again not noticing Chanyeol taking pictures of you.

“What are you doing?” You laughed.

“I am documenting our memories.” He said, looking at the picture he had just taken. “It’s our first Christmas together.” He smiled, “it’s a big deal.”

“The first of many.” You smiled brightly. You took the phone from him and told him to sit down.

You sat on his knee and took a picture of the two of you.

“Now do a funny face.” You said to him. You sunk down in between his legs and he wrapped his arms around your waist. You puffed up your cheeks and opened your eyes wide. As you took the picture Chanyeol kissed your cheek.

You looked at the photo.

“This is by far that cutest picture we’ve ever taken.” He gushed.

“I agree!” You chirped as you changed it to his phone wallpaper. “There now you will always think of me.”

“I’m always thinking about you anyways.”

“And I you.” You pecked his lips. “Now! Tree!” You pulled him up off the couch and pushed him towards it.

As you decorated you put Christmas music on and Chanyeol lit the fire.

You sang along, dancing as you walked around the tree.

“Chan, this part looks bare.” You said, pointing towards the top of the tree in the back.

“Babe, no one can see that.” He said.

“Obviously people can.” You laughed. “Cause I’m looking at it right now.” You stuck your tongue out at him.

He covered your eyes, walking you back around to the front of the tree. “No one will notice. It looks beautiful.” He uncovered your eyes again. “See?”

“Yea, it does.” You wound your arms behind you, wrapping them around his waist, and he rested his hands on your shoulders, his chin resting on your head. “But I can still sense the empty space.” You pouted, looking up at him.

“Ugh, fine.” He pulled away, “I’m putting more stuff up.” He tried to sound irritated but smiled at you cheekily.

“Thanks honey.” You smiled. “What do you want for Christmas?” You asked.

“Nothing.” He said.

“No, really what do you want?” You asked, walking over to him.

“I don’t need you to get me anything.” He smiled down at you and you frowned.

“I want to get you something.” You pouted.

“Well what do you want?” He asked.

“I don’t need anything.” You answered, “You’re all I want.” You smiled.

“Well I feel the same.” He finished and gestured to the tree.

“Looks way better.” You nodded.

“What I want for Christmas is,” He followed you back over to the couch, “Is for us to just stay in bed for the whole day, and not see anyone and just spend all day .”

“You don’t have to ask for that for Christmas.” You laughed. “I would do that without it being a holiday.”

“I know, but maybe we can make this day extra special.” He winked.

“That sounds nice.” You smiled.

You both sat down on the couch, and you curled up against him.

“What’s your favorite Christmas movie?” He asked.

“Christmas with the Kranks, What’s yours?”

“Home Alone.” He smiled. “Want to watch them?”

“I would love that!” You said, kissing his cheek.

* * * * *

By the time the movies were over and you had had supper it was six o’clock.

“Baekhyun said that Jima wants to meet with me the day after tomorrow.” You said, after checking your phone.

“About what?”

“My wedding dress.” You said.

You were both lying in Chanyeol’s bed. He was playing video games and you were sitting up beside him, on your computer.

“Are your parents really traditinal?” You asked.

“Um, not really, I don’t think.” He said absentmindedly. “Why?”

“Do they want us to have a traditional ceremony?” You asked.

“I don’t think so, maybe just cut the cake in our hanboks.” He suggested.

“Yea that sounds nice.” You smiled. You were both quiet for a while as he played his game and you looked through the Internet for ideas for the wedding.

“I really like the idea of having a lavender hanbok.” You said, looking at him.

“That sounds nice baby.” He nodded, glancing at you.

 You spent the next hour looking at different locations around Busan to have the ceremony.

“Babe,” You nudged him, “Can you look at this for a minute.”

He paused the game and leaned over to look at your laptop, his hand rubbing your back under your shirt.

“These are some places that we can have the ceremony.” You clicked through pictures.

One of the locations was just outside of Busan, in what looked like the grounds of a Buddhist temple. There were rock gardens everywhere and a path up to the deck of the temple.

“I like that one the best.” Chanyeol said, resting his head on your arm. “Its so beautiful and it will look so amazing in the summer.”

“I think so too.” You agreed.

“We go see it in the New Year.” He said.

“That would be a good idea.” You nodded, “I feel better that I’ve started looking at some stuff,” You sighed, closing the laptop and lying down with him.

“I know my mother was kind of putting pressure for us to get started but don’t worry about it too much.” He said kissing your temple. “It will all get done.” He smiled, “If you want we can sit down tomorrow and figure out what needs to be taken care of so we know where to start.”

“You’ll do it with me?”

“Of course.” He laughed, “I want to be involved in everything.”

* * * * *

Chanyeol did get part of his wish the next day. You both stayed in bed all day, only getting up to go to the washroom or get food, but you were wedding planning. Or searching for options so you can start wedding planning.

You looked at the long list and sighed.

  • Guest list
  • invitations
  • flowers
  • cake
  • catering
  • wine tasting
  • dress
  • bridesmaid’s dresses
  • tux
  • groomsmen suits
  • location
  • decorations
  • minister
  • hanboks
  • plan arrivals (wedding day)
  • gift registry

“Don’t worry, we’ll get it all done!” He said, taking your hand and kissing it.

“I know; it’s just a lot.” You smiled.

“Well I can take your mind off of it.” He said seductively.

“Oh really?” You raised your eyebrow.

“Definitely,” He his lips as you moved to straddle his waist and kiss him.

Your hands were on either side of his face as you deepened the kiss.

...Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby…

Your phone rang and you huffed as you sat up, reaching for your phone.

It was a blocked number and you assumed it was the hospital as you answered, still straddling Chanyeol’s lap.

“Why does this always happen?” He sighed, leaning back against the headboard.

You shushed him as you answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hi, is this Seulgi?” You’re face went blank.

“Yes, who is this?”

“It’s me…it’s you’re mum.”

You got off Chanyeol’s lap, quickly walking to the bathroom and closing the door behind you.

“How did you get my number?” You asked.

“You’re brother gave it to me.” She said slowly, “I just wanted to call and say congratulations. He told me you’re engaged.”

“Yea, I am.” You said, trying to keep casualness in your voice.

“What’s his name?”

“Chanyeol.”

“That’s a nice name.” She thought out loud. “Jason says he is a very nice young man.”

“He is.” You said shortly.

“Are you with his family for Christmas? I don’t want you to be alone.”

“Well that’s a change.” You replied snarkily.

You could hear her sigh. “Its different now, Seulgi.”

“I’m sure.” You huffed.

“When is the wedding?” She said ignoring your comment.

“This summer.”

“So soon?” She said, “You can’t have known him longer than September.” She said judgementally. “Are you pregnant?”

“No. I’m not,” You clenched your jaw. “I appreciate your congratulations but I really can’t talk right now.”

“Oh…okay, well I would like to talk to you, I am on a different path now, Seulgi. I want to prove that you to.”

“Ok.” You hung up. 


Thanks for reading guys! <3

Comment and upvote!