Light My Fire

Thirteen's a Crowd

You woke up at six the next morning. The power was still out and you were freezing. You opened your eyes and looked down, seeing an extra blanket on you that wasn’t there when you had gone to sleep, along with a note from Chanyeol. You opened the note slowly, scared about what it could say. You didn’t want Chanyeol to be mad at you.

You knew that both you and Chanyeol fed the flames of anger. He couldn’t help but be jealous and instead of just reassuring him you had to make a scene every time. You knew you were being so childish.

Sarah,

I’m really sorry and I hope you can forgive me. It’s stupid for me to be worried and so jealous. It’s not fair of me to think that, just because I don’t have a past that you should ignore yours.

I left you a blanket because I know that you are very cold.

I love you to the moon and back, the love of my life.

Chan <3

You put on a pair of socks and ran down to Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s room. As you were coming to the door Kai was coming out of the bathroom.

“I’m so sorry, Sarah.” He sighed, “I feel terrible. Chanyeol does too. He hasn’t slept all night.”

“He hasn’t?”

“No, Baekhyun and I have been up with him.”

“He’s still mad at me?” You were starting to think maybe the letter was just a lapse in judgment.

“No, he’s upset at himself.” Kai said. “Just go talk to him, it will be fine.” He gave you a hug before opening the door for you.

You stepped in, leaning against the door as you closed it. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked over at you. Baekhyun had a forlorn look on his face and Chanyeol’s eyes were red.

“I’m gonna be in Kai’s room.” Baekhyun got up and moved past you, He patted your shoulder as he left the room.

You walked in and sat on Baekhyun’s bed across from Chanyeol.

“Chan…” You had no idea what to say to him, “I’m so sorry.” You couldn’t look at him. You didn’t know seeing him would be this hard. You guys seemed to have this fight every week but this time it felt different, you had so much to say.

“No, I’m sorry.” He moved to get up but you waved him back down into place.

“I need to say something.” You took a deep breath. “I rarely ever admit that I am wrong about things and you know how hard that is for me but I am so sorry and I was wrong for acting how I did.” You paused for a moment, “I was being really selfish. I know it must be hard and I don’t want you to feel like your feelings aren’t valid. If girls were coming up to you all the time, or if you had ex’s I would be jealous.”

“Pfft.”

“I’m being serious Chan…” You started to tear, “Because…” You took a deep breath, hyperventilating, “Because I love you more than ever. All I want is you.”

You started crying heavily. You just couldn’t stop yourself. You slumped over, head in your hands.

Chanyeol knelt down in front of you, prying your hands away from your face and wiping your tears from your cheeks, making you cry harder.

“Why…why are you being so nice to me?” You asked, sniffling.

“Why wouldn’t I be nice to you?” He asked, bringing his face closer to yours.

“I-I just thought maybe you were rethinking everything…”

You turned your head away but he moved with you.

“Sarah,” He took your face in his hands, “Baby, that’s just ridiculous. It doesn’t matter how many fights we get in between now and the wedding, or now and the end of our lives, I will still be here when each one is over.”

“You say that now, but what if my stubbornness stops being cute one day and you start to hate me for it?” You were starting to get a bit happier but the tears were still flowing.

“That’s impossible.” He shook his head, and took your hands in his. “You’re freezing, baby.”

Chanyeol wrapped your arms around his neck and carried you like a toddler over to his bed. Once he sat down he wrapped his blanket around the both of you. Your head rested in the crook of his neck.

“Will you sing me a song?” You asked, the tears finally coming under control.

“mhmm.” His hand slid under your shirt as he rubbed and scratched your back lightly, calming you. “세상에 이럴 수가. 너무 아름답잖아. 뭐랄까 머릴 굴려봐도. 표현하기 힘든 걸. 너라는 명작…"

* * * * *

You and Chanyeol stayed like that for a while until you got warmed up. You kissed his neck before nestling yourself back into position.

“Babe?” He asked.

“Yea?” You let out a small yawn, trying not to make it noticeable

“I just want you to know that I love you.” He sighed.

“You prove that to me everyday.” You assured him, “I feel like I need to do more. I’m not a very good fiancé.”

“You’re perfect.” He kissed your forehead. “Your gifts that you got me to get better made all the difference.”

You laughed, shaking your head against his chest.

“I’ll be right back, I need to get my sweatpants from our room.” Chanyeol moved you so that you were lying on the bed and left to go upstairs.

Baekhyun came in after he was gone.

“Everything good now?”

“Yea, I don’t think we are going to be having that fight again.” You smiled happily.

“Thank God. I can’t handle any more of that.” Baekhyun laughed, sitting down. “I’ve never seen Chanyeol cry before…”

You frowned, “I feel so awful for making him hurt like that.”

“He’s never done anything like this before. It’s all happened so fast. You guys didn’t even really date before you were engaged. Its just uncharted territory.”

“It is for me too. I’ve never dated anyone where I held their feelings before my own. What he thinks means more to me than anything else and that’s scary. I am giving up a part of me that I thought made me who I was; my independence.” You sighed, thinking about Jackson and how your relationship with him wasn’t really a relationship.

“You aren’t giving that up, trust me, Chanyeol will need you to lean on at times. He is still just scared that you will think less of him if he shows weakness.”

“I’m not a spider, weakness isn’t something I smell out.” You laughed.

“Could have fooled me.” He teased.

“Did he cry a lot?” You asked, looking up at Baekhyun.

“A fair bit. He was so worried that you were going to break things off. He thought for sure that you were done with everything. He kept saying, ‘what if this is it? I cant take it back’.”

It broke your heart to think that Chanyeol was preparing for you to break up with him.

“His birthday is soon right?” You asked Baekhyun.

“Yea, a couple weeks, why?”

“I want to do something special for him, to make up for everything.” You sat up excitedly.

“Like what?”

“I’m not really sure, I want it to be really special.” You thought for a moment, “Maybe you could help me plan it?”

“Anything for my favorite couple.” He smiled.

“So,” Chanyeol started, coming back into the room, “Apparently if there’s no power tomorrow, school is going to be closed for the rest of the week. They have a lot of cleaning up to do around the campus.”

“What are we going to do here with no power?” You asked to no one in particular.

“I think I’m going to go home for a while.” Baekhyun said. “Some of the others are going home as well. There’s no point in staying here if we’re just going to freeze to death.” He laughed.

“So the trains are running again?”

“Yea, the downtown of Seoul has power now, but they think it’s going to be a few more days till they make it up here.” Chanyeol said.

You stood up with Chanyeol’s blanket still wrapped around you and shuffled towards him.

“Is the fire going downstairs?”

“It is indeed. Kai is down there."

“I’m going to go down with him then.” You smiled at both of them as you walked out and down the stairs.

“So it’s all fixed?” Kai asked as you sat down beside him.

“It is.” You smiled, resting your head on his shoulder.

“I’m going home later today.” He said, “I haven’t seen my family since the summer so I’m going to go visit my sister and her husband.”

“That sounds like it will be a lot of fun!” You said happily.

“I can trust that you guys will be okay without me to run recon?” He laughed.

You hit his shoulder. “Of course! I don’t think we will be having that argument anymore.” You smiled.

“That’s great.”

“When are you going to meet a nice girl?” You asked him.

“What do you mean? I’ve got a perfectly nice girl sitting beside me.” He laughed, motioning towards you.

“You know what I mean!”

“Yes mom.” He sneered. “I just haven’t met anyone worth all the time and effort I would have to put in.”

“It’s not that much time and effort.” You said.

He stared at you blankly. “You live with us so that doesn’t count. If you didn’t live with us Chanyeol would have never been around and you guys would have always had to make plans. Unless I steel you away from Chan its going to take too much time and effort.”

“You’ve got a point.” You laughed, “But you can’t have me.” You stuck your tongue out at him.

Chanyeol was coming down the stairs talking on the phone.

“That’s all you have left?...Yea, that’s fine. That would be perfect. No that’s it. Thank you, goodbye.” He hung up and sat down on the other side of you.

“Who was that?” You asked curiously.

“The hotel we’re staying at until Sunday.”

“You mean we’re going tonight?”

“Yea, check in is at three. It’s only eight thirty right now so you’ve got time to pack and stuff.” He pulled you over towards him so that you were lying against his chest with his arm around you. “So, what are you doing tonight Kai?”

“I’m actually going to go visit my sister and her husband until Sunday.”

“Tell noona I say hi.”

“I will. She asked about you when I was on the phone with her yesterday. She says congratulations and that she better be invited to the wedding.”

“Oh she will be.” Chanyeol laughed.

“She’s really excited to meet you.” Kai said to you.

“She is?”

“Of course, she wants to meet the wonderful dancer that stole Chanyeol’s heart.” He laughed.

“Is that how she put it?” Chanyeol asked, laughing.

“It is indeed.”

“Well she’s right.” Chanyeol kissed the top of your head.

“Ugh! You guys make me sick!” Kai said, “That’s another reason I don’t have a girlfriend, I might turn out like you!” Kai got up and started to walk into the kitchen.

“I better go pack.” You smiled, kissing Chanyeol.

* * * * *

The rest of the day was split between packing and sitting and relaxing.

“It’s 2:30, you ready to go?” Chanyeol asked, putting his bag on the bed.

“Almost.” You were using your flashlight looking through your closet.

“What else could you possibly need?”

“I need a sweater.”

“Babe, I have sweaters packed, just wear one of mine.”

“But I can’t go out in one of your sweaters.” You whined.

“We can get couple sweaters.” He suggested. “I know it’s not your thing but it will be cute. You’ll love it when we have them on. You liked the pjs.”

“Fine.” You came out and zipped up your suitcase, trying to pick it up.

“I’ve got it.” He laughed, going to pick it up. “Holy Sarah. You packed half the room!”

“I just don’t know what we’re going to be doing.” You said, shrugging and walking past him down the stairs.

* * * * *

The taxi pulled up in front of a beautiful high-rise hotel downtown Seoul.

“Is this where we’re staying?” You asked, looking out the window.

“Of course.” He got out and walked around the car, opening the door for you.

A valet followed you both into the hotel with your bags. You stared in awh at the lobby as Chanyeol went to check you both in. The lobby was all gold with mirrors surrounding it. There were three sitting areas with lack leather furniture on ornamented rugs.

“Let’s go.” Chanyeol put his hand on your lower back, guiding you towards the elevators.

“What floor are we on?”

“The thirty-eighth, apparently it has an amazing view of the city.”

“I can’t believe you’ve lived like this your whole life.” You sighed.

“Like what?” He asked, confused.

“Staying in amazing hotels and getting whatever you wanted.” You said, stepping into the elevator.

“We didn’t really do that.” He said, “I mean, I did get pretty much whatever growing up. But, I was always at home. Dad never brought me with him on business trips, or any kind of trips really.”

“Oh,” You didn’t really know what to say.

“Now we can though.” He held your hand. “Doing things like this with you will be way better than doing it with my parents.”

“You know it!” You laughed.

You arrived at the thirty-eighth floor and Chanyeol steered you the right way. Your bags were waiting for you with a bellboy beside the door to your room.

“This is really way too much Chan.” You insisted, motioning to everything.

“Nonsense.” He huffed. “This is the least I can do.”


Thanks for reading guys!

So the song Chanyeol is singing to Sarah is Hallelujah by Jonghyun from SHINee...just incase any of you wanted to know/didn't.

Comment, upvote and subscribe! <3