Ripped

Thirteen's a Crowd

Not long after arriving you and Chanyeol were called down for supper. There was a large selection of vegetables, with grilled meat and lettuce wraps. You hadn’t eaten anything this good since you were back in Canada. Living with the twelve guys made for a lot of ramyeon and kimbap.

“Lena told me you live with Chan.” Yong-son said to you from across the table.

“I do. We are housemates.” You smiled.

“Do you sleep in the same room?” Jae-Hwa asked loudly, a shocked expression on his face.

“No, we don’t. She has her own room by herself.” Chanyeol interjected, shooting his little brother a warning look.

“You have a funny dialect.” Yong-Son said after a moment of silence.

“That’s because I’m from Canada, so I keep my English accent sometimes. I’m trying to stop though.” You laughed.

“So you speak English?” He asked, wide eyed.

“Yes, I do.” You answered in English.

“Wow that’s so cool! Can you teach me?” He asked excitedly.

“Of course.” You smiled. It made you happy that Yong-Son was starting to warm up to you a little bit. You really wanted Chanyeol’s family to like you.

“You will be very busy this week, so we don’t need any distractions.” Lena said to Yong-Son making his smile disappear.

“Don’t worry. I’ll teach you a few things tonight.” You winked at him. You looked over to see Chanyeol smiling at you. You nudged him to bring him out of his reverie.

Supper felt quite long. Sitting at the table was you, Chanyeol, his brothers, and Lena. She made a constant effort to talk to Chanyeol about things you couldn’t talk about. It was a constant story telling of “Remember when”, and “that was so funny”.

* * * * *

After super you had started to help clean up but Chanyeol told you to stop. Yong-Son and Jae-Hwa dragged you out of the dining room and down to the basement. Chanyeol stayed to help Lena clean up.

“So do you like her?” Lena asked Chanyeol.

“Yea, I really do.” He said, collecting the plates.

She was quiet for a while, “Well that’s good.”

“Yea.” He smiled and finished cleaning up the table.

“So, are you going to ask her to date?” She asked.

“Not right now.” He answered.

“Well she would be stupid to say no.” Lena was standing really close to him, “I mean, you’re a really great guy.” She had him backed up against the cupboards.

“Lena what are you doing?”

“I’ve liked you since I started working here.” She smiled. “I thought you liked me too?”

* * * * *

You had just come back upstairs from the boys showing you their theatre room and you could hear Lena talking in the kitchen.

“I thought you liked me too…” You heard.

You walked into the kitchen, pretending you didn’t hear anything. You weren’t expecting what you saw.

Lena, pressing herself against Chanyeol.

“Oh, sorry.” You said, reeling around and quickly leaving the kitchen. You went back down to the theatre room and asked the boys if you could watch the movie with them. You weren’t really in the mood to talk about what you had seen and you knew Chanyeol wouldn’t bring it up around his brothers.

“What are we watching guys?” You asked, sitting in one of the movie theatre seats.

“Hocus Pocus.” Jae-Hwa said, smiling. “It’s a Halloween movie!”

“I used to watch this when I was a kid.” You smiled. It was dubbed over in Korean but that was okay, you still enjoyed it. It helped you take your mind off of Lena.

Yong-Son got up after fifteen minutes and went over to a closet, taking out blankets.

“Would you like one?” He asked you.

“Sure.” You said, taking the blanket from him, “Thank you!”

After another half an hour or so Chanyeol came downstairs and sat next to you. You ignored him as he put your blanket over top of him as well. He leaned towards you, “Can we talk?” He whispered.

“Not right now.” You answered, “I’m watching this with the boys.”

He didn’t say anything for a long time.

You knew that it looked like you were being immature, but you weren’t mad at Chanyeol. You were mad at yourself for not seeing that Lena would do something like this. You could tell as soon as you met her that she liked Chanyeol and like all girls, you can smell a a mile away.

Chanyeol reached for your hand under the blanket. You let him take it so that he knew that you weren’t mad at him, but you didn’t say anything.

* * * * *

The movie seemed to go by quickly as you laughed with the boys over silly parts. When it was over Chanyeol got up and told them that they should get to bed.

“Will you tuck me in?” Jae-Hwa asked him.

“Sure.” He let Jae-Hwa take his hand and lead him upstairs.

“Come on.” Yong-Son pulled your off the couch and dragged you with them. You followed behind as you al went to Jae-Hwa’s room first and Chanyeol tucked him in. You then went to Yong-Son’s room and Chanyeol said goodnight to him.

“Goodnight.” You said in English.

“Goodnight.” He said with a thick accent. It was so cute, and it made you happy that he tried to answer in English. You closed the door to his room ands started to walk down to your room.

“Are you going to bed already?” Chanyeol asked, blatantly upset.

“No, I just want to get my pyjamas on.” You smiled lightly and walked into the room. He followed you in, and went to one of the drawers, getting out a pair of pyjamas for himself.

You went into the adjoining bathroom and got changed as Chanyeol got changed in the bedroom. You thought about the night and how badly you felt for giving him the cold shoulder through the movie. You changed quickly and left the bathroom running over and hugging him.

As you hugged him you realised that he wasn’t wearing a shirt. You pulled away quickly. “S-sorry.” You stammered. You had never seen Chanyeol without a shirt on and you were taken aback by his slim frame and warm skin. You turned away and put the other clothes in your bag, trying not to look at Chanyeol as he put his shirt on.

“You can look at me.” He said. “I have a shirt on now.” You turned to look at him, your face beet red. “You don’t have to be embarrassed.” He laughed, walking over and taking your hands in his.

“I know,” You said, looking down at your hands. “I was just taken by surprise, and I feel badly for how I acted during the movie.”

He sat down on the bed and sat you down beside him, “Well I can understand why you were acting that way, and I talked to Lena about what she did.”

“What did you say?” You asked, looking up to his eyes.

“I told her that even though you and I aren’t a couple that I am yours and that isn’t going to change.”

You smiled widely, “I know that I was being silly. It just bothers me that she flirts with you so much and then she looks at me like she wants me to react.”

“Don’t let her bother you. She has always been like this and it hasn’t made me want to be with her.” He brushed your hair out of your face. “You are the only one.”

You kissed his cheek.

“I mean, besides, there’s no reason for you to feel weird around me without a shirt on.” He laughed, “I’ve already undressed you.” You hit his arm lightly.

“Let’s go to bed.” You said. He stood up to go. “No, I want you to stay here. When your parents come back we will have to sleep in separate rooms.”

“They won’t notice.” He got under the covers with you and turned towards you.

You lay facing one another and talked the rest of the night. Part of the best things about Chanyeol was that he didn’t have to touch you to know that he cared.

In the middle of the night you woke up and went to the washroom. You were washing your hands when you heard rustling in the other room. You quickly turned the tap off and shut the light off, opening the door a crack to peak out.

You saw Lena, walking into the room slowly. She looked at the bed for a moment and then got in. You could see her moving closer and closer to Chanyeol.

He moved a little bit, his arm extending towards her.

“Sarah…” He whispered.

“Yes?” Lena said.

Your blood was boiling as you watching this.

“Chanyeol?” She asked.

He suddenly shot up, looking at her.

“What are you doing here? Where’s Sarah?” He was looking around the room. “What did you do Lena?”

He was getting up. You just stayed in the bathroom, not knowing what to do.

“Get out of here!” He said forcefully.

“But I thought you wanted me to come…” She muttered. “You didn’t sound very serious earlier in the kitchen.”

“I was very serious.” He said. “Get out. And in the morning you can pack your things.”

“What do you mean?” She stood up, walking towards him quickly. “You-you can’t fire me!”

“I won’t have to once I tell my parents what you have been up to.” He said. You took that moment to slip out of the bathroom and into the room. Chanyeol had his back to you and didn’t notice that you had come back into the room.

“You!” Lena stormed past him. He was confused as he turned around. “It’s all your fault! I can’t believe you! You stupid little,” She took a deep breath, “You dumb !”

You just stood there, eyes wide and frightened. Chanyeol ran up behind her and grabbed her. She hit him and grabbed his shirt, pulling and ripping it down the middle. You tried to interject as Chanyeol got hit in the face and then you felt a hard slap across your cheek.

Chanyeol pushed her towards the door.

“Get out.” He breathed. She stood in the doorframe awkwardly, breathing heavily, but she didn’t move. “GET OUT!” He yelled wildly. She ran from the room, and was replaced by Chanyeol’s two very confused brothers. “Go back to bed guys, its okay.”

Yong-Son and Jae-Hwa ran into the room, gave Chanyeol a hug and then went back to bed. Easy peasy.

He walked to the other side of the room and shut the door.

“Are you okay?” You asked, stepping forward.

“I’m fine. It’s you I’m worried about.” You tilted your head to look at your cheek but you pulled away.

“I’m fine.” You said quickly. “I promise. It didn’t hurt that much.” You touched his shirt. “She ripped your shirt.” You stated. He didn’t say anything as you took the shirt off of him. You just stood there holding his shirt in your hand and staring at him chest.

“Why does everything have to get ed up?” He asked.

“I don’t know,” You said, thinking. “Maybe we’re just getting all of the bad stuff at once so we can always be happy later.”

He picked you up and hugged you. Your legs wrapped around his waist and your arms were around his neck. Feeling his bare skin on your arms and legs made you feel so much closer to him. He sat down on the bed, still holding you.

You both talked for a little while, not really saying much, just talking to take up space. You kissed his neck, and then rested your head on his shoulder again.

“You are my everything, nothing your love won’t bring…” You fell asleep to his voice in your ear.


Thanks for reading guys!

I think this might be the last update until next week when I have my spring break. I am managing a show this week so it will be busy busy busy! 

Comment, subscribe and upvote! <3 

Love you guys!