The Grass Isn't Always Greener

Thirteen's a Crowd

You woke up several times throughout the night, in between having weird dreams.

In your dream you were at Chanyeol’s house in Busan with him and Baekhyun. You were all in the movie room in the basement hanging out and watching a film. You were sat in between the two of them and you were all sharing a blanket. You were having a hard time concentrating and could feel both of the guys looking at you.

“What?” You asked, looking back and forth from Chanyeol to Baekhyun…

* * * * *

“…Baekhyun…”

“Sarah.”

You jolted awake, sitting straight up in bed. There was a layer of sweat on your forehead and you felt so hot.

“Chanyeol?” You looked down at him still lying down.

“Have a good dream?” He asked blandly.

You blushed, “What do you mean?”

“Well you were pretty loud. At first I thought it was pretty hot, then you said Baekhyun’s name and it kind of went downhill from there. Literally.”

Chanyeol was pouting, but you couldn’t help what you dreamt about and he didn’t know that he was in your dream as well.

You lied down again and closed your eyes to go back to sleep.

“Have sweet dreams about Baekhyun.” He huffed.

“I love you Chan. I have to get back to my dream about our .”

“What?” You felt the bed shift quickly and then Chanyeol was leaning over you, his face in yours. “You were dreaming about me and Baekhyun?”

“Go back to sleep Chanyeol.” You said smiling.

“I don’t think I can.” He said giddily. “Does that mean your thinking about taking up the offer?”

“I didn’t think it was an offer. You would never let that happen.”

“So you want to?” He wrapped his arms tightly around you, kissing your shoulder blade over your shirt.

“I didn’t say that. Go to sleep.” You smiled.

“We don’t have to sleep.” He said slyly. Chanyeol slid his hand under your shirt, lightly brushing his fingertips on your stomach.

“We don’t have to, but I want to.” You chuckled

Chanyeol made a whining noise, “But baby, you got me thinking…” But you were already asleep again.

He stayed awake a while longer, watching you sleep before dozing off again.

* * * * *

You woke up again at eleven. You rolled over to hug Chanyeol but were surprised to see he wasn’t there. There was a note on the pillow beside you.

Went out to get you a surprise I’ll be back later. Go down to the spa when you get up, they’re expecting you.

Love you so much.

You took your time getting up, flipping through the channels and going through your phone as you lazed in bed.

To Chanyeol:

Hey babe, I’m going down to the spa now, leaving my phone in the room. I love you; see you later.

You didn’t bother waiting for him to answer; you put your leggings on and left the hotel room, heading down to the spa.

You walked in and walked around the waiting room, looking at the pictures while you waited for someone to come to the front desk.

“Mrs. Park?” You heard someone say behind you. You turned around, wondering if she was speaking to you. “Mrs. Park?”

“Uh…” You stared at her for a moment.

“You are Mr. Park’s fiancé? Sarah?” She asked, smiling politely at you.

“Oh, yes.” You laughed, bowing, “Hello.”

“Come this way, we will get you ready. Mr. Park said to give you the full treatment. He said you are a dancer so that you would probably want a deeper massage.”

“Yes, that would be great, thanks.” You smiled at the thought of him talking to the ahjummas at the spa, telling them about you.

“So just go in here, and take your clothes off and put your robe on. When you are done, just go through those doors and the masseuse will meet you in there.”

“Thanks.” You bowed again as she left you to get ready.

You took your clothes off, folding them and putting them in one of the lockers. You walked into the next room and were greeted by another lady. The room was quite dark with candles all around the walls. She motioned for you to disrobe and lie down on the massage table.

You got on the table and closed your eyes and she started the massage.

“You’re glowing.” She said out of the blue.

“It must just be all the pampering I’m getting.” You laughed lightly.

“No, this is a special glow, reserved for new mothers.” She said happily.

Your stomach dropped. You squeezed your eyes tighter and took deep breaths.

It’s nothing. That’s silly. You thought, shaking the thought from your head. You spent the rest of the massage trying to calm yourself down.

“Alright, now if you would just come with me we will go to the next room.” The masseuse led you into the next room and motioned for you to sit in a large leather chair.

“What is this?”

“Manicure, pedicure and a facial.” She said, bowing her head as she left you there.

You sat down excitedly, you had never done anything like this before and it was definitely becoming something you could get used to.

 You picked out your nails colours and lay back in the chair, relaxing and taking in the smell of vanilla candles and the ocean sounds they had playing in the background.

* * * * *

After the spa session was done you made your way back up to your hotel room, relaxed and feeling new and amazing, forgetting about the masseuse’s comment.

You checked your phone and saw that you had a voicemail from Chanyeol.

“Hey babe. I’m going to be back at the room around five so make sure that you’re ready to go out for supper. Love you loads.”

You looked at the clock, you still had an hour or so, so you started getting ready.

You put music on your phone as you started to do your hair and makeup, leaving your leggings and tank top on until you were finished.

Your phone rang at quarter to five and you answered it happily, lying back on the bed.

“Hello!”

“Hello, is this Mrs. Cho?”

“Yes.” You sat up, a sick feeling hitting your stomach.

“This is nurse Kim from the Seoul Memorial hospital. I’m afraid Mr. Park has been in an accident. He is in surgery now. We have contacted Mr. Park’s parents already and they are on their way but his mother said that you are in Seoul and can be with him.”

“Yes…” You had to think for a minute. You ran around the hotel room, gathering your coat and shoes. “I’m on my way. I’ll be there soon.” You hung up and called a taxi on your way down to the lobby.

You stood in shock waiting for the taxi. You sniffed back tears, telling yourself Chanyeol was going to be okay. You ran over situations in your head of what could have happened.

You got into the taxi and took out your phone, called Kai.

“Hey Sarah!’’ He answered on the second ring, his cheerful voice blaring through the receiver. “You need me to save you from Chanyeol again already?” He joked.

You didn’t even make a word out before you sobbed loudly into the phone.

“Sarah? What’s the matter?” You could hear him running around. “Did you and Chanyeol break up?”

“N-no.” You sniffed hard. “He-He’s in the hospital. They said there was some kind of accident.”

“Where are you? Are you there now?”

“I’m on my way over. I don’t know what happened. He left before I got up…he said he had a surprise for me. I was getting ready when I got a call from the-the hospital.” You hiccupped.

The taxi pulled up in front of the hospital and you handed the driver a wad of cash as you got out.

“Well just sit tight because I’m getting in my car. I’m on my way over.”

“No…don’t do that Kai.”

“Don’t be silly. It’ll only take me an hour and a bit if I go fast.” You heard his car door shut. “It’ll be fine. Love you.”

“Love you too.” You hung up the phone, throwing it in your bag as you ran to reception.

“Hello, How may I-”

“My name is Cho Sarah, I am looking for someone who can talk to me about Park Chanyeol. They told me he’s in surgery.” You were frantically wiping tears off your face.

The receptionist typed stuff into his computer quickly.

“Go up to the desk on floor 6.”

You didn’t bother to say thank you, running towards the elevators. You tapped your feet and moved your hands anxiously waiting for the elevator to get to the sixth floor.

You called Chanyeol’s mother, but her voicemail clicked on instantly.

“Hi Mrs. Park.” You sighed, trying to stop crying. “I’m at the hospital now, Call when you arrive.” You hung up.

You stepped out of the elevator, looking around hurriedly.

“Excuse me, Ms. Cho?”

You turned around, looking at a very short lady in blue smocks.

“I’m nurse Kim. I would like you to come with me.” You followed her into a private room with some couches and a television.

“Before I go into detail I want you to know that Mr. Park is going to be fine.”

You breathed a sigh of relief. “What happened? A car accident?”

“Uh, no. He had a seizure.” She said. “He was on a city bus when he collapsed. There was swelling in his brain from his previous head injury. The swelling was pushing his brain against his skull causing him to seize.”

“So what’s going on right now?”

“He’s in surgery. The doctor is inserting a tube through his ear canal to take out some of the fluid to relieve the pressure. The last time I was in there it was going very well. Mr. Park is very lucky that this was caught quickly.”

“How much longer is the surgery?”

“It just started about forty minutes ago so I would say around another six to eight hours.” She stood up.

“You can use this room for an long as you would like. Mr. Park’s parents had it rented for you. There are pillows and blankets in the cabinet if you get tired while you wait. I’ll be back in when I have more news.”

“Thank you.” You nodded to her as she left.

You looked around the room, moving your legs up and down. You were restless and didn’t know what to do. There was still going to be another hour or so until Kai was there.

You dialed Baekhyun’s number.

“Hey Sarah.”

“Hey Baekhyun. Don’t worry, but Chanyeol’s in surgery.”

“What happened?” He asked.

“He was on a city bus earlier, and…” You chocked back a sob. “He had a seizure.”

“Oh my god. Are you alright? What’s going on?”

“I’m a lot better now that I know he will be okay.”

“Are you there alone?” He asked.

“Right now, but Kai is driving back from his sister’s and Chanyeol’s parents should be leaving tonight or tomorrow morning.”

“Do you want me to come back too?” He asked, sympathetically.

“No, that’s okay, really.” You sighed. “Thank you so much, Baek. I just wanted to let you know what was going on.”

“Okay, well just call and I’ll come back, alright?” He assured you.

“Okay.” A small smile came across your face.

“Love you Sarah.” He said softly.

“Love you too Baekhyun…” You were quiet for a moment, “Baekhyun, can you tell the rest of the guys? I don’t really want to make all those calls.”

“Of course I will.” He assured you.

“Thanks.” You hung up the phone.

You couldn’t believe it was your second time waiting in a hospital in the span of a few weeks. You prayed that it would be the last time. You walked over to the little shelf over the television and picked up one of the books.

You took one of the blankets from the cabinet and sat down, starting to read to relax yourself a bit. You let yourself fall asleep soon after.

* * * * *

A hand on your head woke you up with a start.

“Oh, thank god its you.” You pulled Kai down into a hug. He knelt beside you on the floor, your hair.

“How are you holding up?” He asked, not pulling away.

“A lot better since I spoke with the nurse.” You sighed heavily, tears rolling down your cheeks onto Kai’s sweater.

“What did she say?”

You updated Kai on Chanyeol’s situation as he made himself a coffee and you a tea. He sat beside you, handing you the mug, not interrupting you as you continued to tell him about the surgery.

“Have you spoken to his parents?”

“No, I just know they’re on their way. I left them a voicemail saying that I was here waiting.” You were staring into the mug, not bothering to drink it.

“Okay, do you need me to get you anything? Food?”

“No, I don’t really feel like eating.” You said plainly, setting the mug on the coffee table.

“Okay, well when you do, I’m your guy.” He smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes.

Another wave of emotion washed over you, even though you knew Chanyeol was going to be all right you couldn’t help but cry. Kai wrapped his arm around your shoulder and you buried your face in his chest sobbing uncontrollably.

“What if this never gets better?” You asked, “What if our whole life is in and out of hospitals like this? Him getting operations and waiting for the next time.”

“That’s not going to happen. They are going to fix this, this time. There will be no next time.” Kai squeezed you tighter.

“I just want him to have a full life.” You said quietly.

“He will. He will have a full life,” He took your face in his hands, looking you in the eye, “with you.”

“Kai…I think I might be pregnant.”

His face fell; smile faltering. “Chanyeol knows right?”  

You shook your head, hand clamped over your mouth.

“Sarah…” He pulled you in again. “How do you know?”

“The-the lady at the hotel said something to me about how I was gl-glowing.” You took another deep breath.

“Well that’s no reason to worry.” He smiled hesitantly, rubbing your shoulders.

“I-I know. I just feel like something’s different…something’s wrong.” You put your hand on your stomach.

“Well, if you want I can get a nurse. We are in a hospital. We can find out if you want to.” Kai suggested.

“I don’t know if that’s a good idea…isn’t that too much to worry about right now?” You asked him.

“I don’t think so. If it ends up being nothing than you have one less thing to worry about.”

“Yea, you’re right.” You nodded curtly.


Wowowowow...oh mann oh mann lol lots happened in this one. I didnt even see it coming.

Thanks for reading guys!

Comment, upvote and subscribe! <3 lots of love