Hard Day's Night

Thirteen's a Crowd

You don’t know how it happened, but between Soojin calming down again and going to sleep and Jiyoung coming back you and Chanyeol had agreed that Kai should go out to dinner with his sister and brother in law and you would both watch Soojin.

Since they left Soojin hadn’t stopped crying.

“You’re exhausted, and it’s supposed to be your day off.” Chanyeol said, “Go upstairs and go to sleep.”

“No, we’re a team, we will do it together.” You said kissing his cheek, then kissing Soojin’s. “I just don’t know what’s wrong, we’ve done everything.”

“Look through her stuff, maybe there’s something there that will make her feel better.” Chanyeol said, continuously waving toy keys in front of her.

“Where did Kai put the notes his sister left him?”

“Uh, I think they’re on the kitchen counter.”

You went into the kitchen finding the notes and flipping through them quickly, your head feeling like it was about to split open from the crying. You went back into the living room, digging through her bags for a plastic bassinet.

“What’s that for?” HE asked you.

“Apparently when she gets super fussy like this if you give her a warm bath it calms her down and then she’s out for hours.”

“Good, because it’s almost my bedtime now.” Chanyeol chuckled, “What time is it? Like 9?”

“It’s seven, but good guess.” You teased as you filled the bassinet. “IS this as much fun as you hoped it would be?”

“It’s definitely not the same as I thought it would be.” He acknowledged, “But I think it will be different with our own kids. We’ll know what they like and what they way, and they will be familiar with us so when they see us they will feel happy. And hopefully their crying won’t make us want to kill ourselves.”

“I’m sure it will.” You helped him get her undressed and into the water. You got some toys for her to play with in the water.

“Do you want a girl or a boy?” Chanyeol asked you.

“I really want twin boys.” You said, smiling at the idea. “And then a girl.”

“That’s good, then they can protect her.” He put his arm around your shoulder.

“Exactly.” You leaned into him. “Having kids sounds so good when she’s being quiet like this.” You laughed.

“Yea, it really is.” He kissed the top of your head.

* * * * *

After Soojin’s bath she went to sleep easily and you and Chanyeol slept on the couch beside her.

Kai came home soon after, and you and Chanyeol helped him, Jiyoung and Woojin pack everything up and get Soojin in her car seat without her waking up.

“Thank you so much for looking after her!” Jiyoung said, hugging you and Chanyeol. “She is tuckered out! You guys did a great job!”

“I think we are more tired than she is.” You laughed.

“That’s usually the way it works with her. Thanks again, have a good night!”

“You too.” You and Chanyeol said in union.

You stood in the living room with Kai until they pulled out of the driveway.

“Bed?” Chanyeol asked you.

“Yes please.” You nodded.

You said goodnight to Kai and the rest of the guys as you made your way upstairs. You both stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom, brushing your teeth and washing your faces. You sat on the bed watching Chanyeol get ready for bed, taking off his shirt and pants before walking over to you.

“Lift your arms.” He said, laughing at how tired you were.

You did as you were told and he took your tank top off, replacing it with a large shirt. You moved back on the bed, slipping your shorts off as well and got under the covers. He threw your shorts and tank top in the laundry hamper with his clothes and turned off the light, getting into bed next to you.

It didn’t feel like a full minute until you were asleep again.

It also didn’t feel like you had been sleeping for more than five minutes before you were awake again. Both you and Chanyeol lying in bed wide awake.   

“I’m kind of hungry.” You whispered.

“Why are you whispering?” He asked, also in a whisper.

“Cause it’s dark and it just feels like what you do when its dark. Do you want to order pizza?”

“What about your diet?”

“Who cares?” You laughed, rolling onto your side and kissing his shoulder. “I’m hungry.”

“What do you want on it?” He asked.

“Extra cheese and pepperoni.” You said, watching him put the order in on his phone over his shoulder. “Can you get coke too?”

“Wow, really going all out tonight.” He placed the order. “Should be here in a half hour.”

“This calls for a movie.” You sat up and turned the television on. You smiled as you felt Chanyeol rubbing his hand on your lower back.

“You’re the cutest.” He laughed.

“What?” You turned back towards him.

“I said: you’re the cutest.” He sat up to be facing you, “Most adorable,” he kissed you, “Beautiful,” He kissed you again, deepening it, “y woman I’ve ever seen in my life.” You moved to straddle his lap and continued kissing him.

Your arms moved around his neck, hands running through his hair, his hands up your shirt, splayed on your back, warming you all over.

“We have to do this as much as we can before we have kids.” You said in between kisses. “We’ll be too tired for middle of the night make out sessions and pizza.”

“I’ll never be too tired for this.” He kissed you again, flipping you over to be leaning over you.

“Say that again when have supposedly have three children.” You laughed.

“I’ll be too happy that we have children to be tired.” He kissed your neck, making a smacking noise. “I’m getting excited just thinking about it right now!” He was bouncing on the bed, you moving up and down beneath him, laughing quietly.

“Stop!” You hit his chest, “Calm down, you’re going to wake the guys up!” You warned him, “Kai can’t know we’re getting pizza!”

“Oh sorry.” He settled so that he was lying between your legs, propped up on his elbows so his full weight wasn’t on you. “But, when our kids get a little bit older we can surprise them in the middle of the night with pizza.”

“Ah? So we’re going to be the cool parents?” You asked, eyebrows lifting.

“Of course we are.” He said matter-of-factly.

“You know, if we’re the cool parents that means that when our kids have friends they’ll always want to be over at our house, and we’ll never get alone time.” You laughed.

“We’ll only be cool when they’re little then and can’t go anywhere anyways. Then when they become teenagers we’ll become mean and horrible.” He kissed your lips quickly, “Sound like a good plan?”

“Sounds like an excellent plan.”

“As soon as they turn thirteen we’re gonna bring the hammer down!”

You laughed quietly at his pretend “serious” face.

“I’m completely serious.” He said, looking at you sternly.

“Oh, I know.” You said, kissing him again, “You will be like a sergeant with them.” You laughed, “But lets be real. When we have a little girl you’re going to be wrapped around her finger.”

“Yea,” He kissed you, moving his way down your neck before pulling away again, “Let’s be real, I’m already wrapped around yours so another girl in my life and I’ll have no free will left in me.” 

“That’s okay,” You pulled him down again to kiss him but his phone rang.

“Hold on,” Chanyeol reached for the phone, answering it, still hovering over you. “Yea, okay, thanks.” He hung up and got up, slipping pants and a sweater on. “Be right back!”

He came back upstairs five minutes later, the heavenly smell of pizza filling the room as he set it on the dresser.

“I’m just going to put a towel over the bed and then we can eat there.”

“Good, cause I’m comfy!” You smiled.

This was real love. Eating pizza in bed in the middle of the night while watching a bad movie and cuddling. It would never get better than this.

After you were both done eating, and were lying in bed you asked Chanyeol, “What are we going to do with the pizza box?”

“Don’t worry about it, when you and Kai are out at the studio I’m going to throw out all of the evidence.”

“Ahh, I knew that it was good to choose you for my partner in crime.” You snuggled into his chest.

He pulled away quickly when your feet touched his leg.

“Your feet are freezing!” He said, getting out of bed to get you a pair of wool socks.

“Yea they are pretty cold,” You laughed, “Did it scare you?”

“Startled me, it felt like an icicle touched my leg.” He defended himself. He put the socks on you, bringing your legs up so that you were curled up into a ball at his side. “I think we should get a fireplace in our new bedroom.”

“That would be nice.” You smiled, “With crystals…and a television mounted over it, but behind sliding panels so that our room can still look classy.”

“Maybe I should be writing this down.” He joked. “Maybe we can see if they can speed up the construction.”

“Is that possible?” You asked.

“I don’t see why not.” He shrugged, “Or we can see if they can get most of the stuff done, the stuff we need, and then we can move in while they’re still working.”

“Then the place is going to be messy all of the time and we won’t be able to put anything away.” You rationalized, “I think it really would just be better if we stay here till it’s completely done, at least the inside of the house.”

“When can we see the house?” He asked. Because of how busy you both had been you hadn’t been over to see the house in person.

“We can go Tuesday in the afternoon. I’ll tell Kai we have to go early in the morning to the studio.” You offered.

“Sounds good.” He agreed.

* * * * *

You woke up to your alarm the next morning and you turned it off quickly, making no move to get up.

“Are you going to class?” Chanyeol asked.

“I don’t want to.” You said.

“What class is it?”

“History of the fifteenth century.”

“You don’t need to go…the history will still be there when you wake up.”

Fair Enough, you thought, going back to sleep.

You woke up again at two in the afternoon, just in time to run to your second class.

You made it there just as the professor started talking. You sat in the back of the room, making a point to sit alone; you didn’t need to make any other crazy friends in class. The lecture was long and boring, you spent most of the time doodling on your books and going over your ballet routine for the audition.

When class ended you called Kai.

“Hey Sarah, where are you?”

“Just getting out of class, meet me at the studio?”

“For sure, see you in fifteen!”

You hung up and texted Chanyeol.

To Chanyeol:

Hey, going to the studio, are you in class?

From Chanyeol:

Hey babe, yea I’m in class right now, I’m done in an hour.

To Chanyeol:

Okay J I’m going to the studio with Kai, what are you doing tonight?

From Chanyeol:

After class I’m going to the recording studio with Lay, he got one of his friends in the music department to get us in.

To Chanyeol:

That’s exciting! Did you just find that out? I’ll be home around seven o’clock I think. I’ll see you when you get home.

From Chanyeol:

Yea, Lay just texted me asking if I wanted to go. Not sure when I’ll be back, maybe around the same time as you, but I’ll text you when I’m on my way. I’ll sneak you in a chocolate bar. XOXO Love you.

To Chanyeol:

Love you too!

You continued into the studio, going to the locker room to change and then get a room for you and Kai. He came in not long after.

The night was long and it felt like the hours went by like days. You legs were killing you and it was hard for you do the routine.

“Come on, lift your leg up all the way!” Kai yelled, “Turn! One! Two! Three! Four! Down!” He said as he snapped his fingers.

You stopped, swinging your leg back haphazardly.

“I can’t do this anymore Kai. My legs hurt too badly, and my hips are grinding.” You rubbed them, sighing out the pain.

“Yea…” He nodded, “I’m going to make you an appointment with my doctor to get you some x-rays, hopefully tomorrow or the next day. Until then just take a rest.” He said, “I think I’m going to stay here and keep working, you okay to go home alone?”

“Yea, I’m going to call Chanyeol and see if he’s still on campus.” You said, walking over to your bag.

“Sounds good.” Kai smiled at you before turning around to turn the music back on.

You collected your things and left the studio, calling Chanyeol; his phone kept ringing, no answer. You assumed he was still recording.

You walked outside, a mix of snow and freezing rain falling heavily, you thought about walking over to the music building to wait for Chanyeol but you just wanted to go home. 

You walked quickly, pulling your hood up to try to cover your face from the elements as best as possible. The rain and snow worsened as you made your way to the edge of campus, making you happy that you had a short walk back to your house. You could feel your phone vibrating in your pocket.

“Hello?” You answered, moving behind a building to shield yourself from the wind.

“Hey babe, where are you? I’m coming home now.”

“I’m about halfway home. Kai let me go home early, I did something to my hips so I have to go to the doctor.” You explained.

“Do you want to wait there for me and Lay? Or do you want to keep going home?”

“I think I might as well just keep walking, it’s really cold out and I’m already halfway there.”

“Okay, well be safe, and I’ll see you in twenty.”

“Okay, see you, bye.” You put your phone back in your pocket, readjusting your coat. Then you started half running back to your place.

In the ten minutes it took you to get home your whole body was frozen and you were covered in snow and your feet were soaked.

You opened the door and stripped off your coat and shoes, along with your socks. Sehun came out of the kitchen, staring at you as you debated taking your wet pants off as well.

“Need some help?” He laughed.

“Yea, Actually. Can you hand me that blanket, I need to take my pants off,” You laughed awkwardly, and Sehun got the blanket for you.

“Give me your wet pants when your done and I’ll take them into the kitchen.” He said, turning so you could get your sweat pants off.

“Thanks Sehun.” You said through chattering teeth. “I owe you one.”

“Naw, it’s fine. Go get changed and come back down. I was just about to put the fire on.” He smiled sweetly at you and you went upstairs to put on pajamas.

I really scored when I moved into this house, you thought.

As you made it to the third floor of the house you noticed Kris’ bedroom door open. You walked over and opened the door slowly, but no one was in there. Nothing was in there actually, everything had been moved out.

You shook the guilty feeling off and went to your room, changing quickly. You ran back downstairs with your pillow and your computer.

You lay down on the couch and Sehun joined you after he was finished with the fire, turning the television on and putting a movie on.

“How was your day, Sehun?” You asked.

“It was fine, class was boring, but I’m just happy I got back before it started snowing really badly. I’ve just been here finishing homework all day.” He got under the end of the blanket, getting comfortable. “It’s nice to finally just sit down and relax.”

“Yea, it is.” You agreed, putting your computer back on the coffee table, “I don’t feel like doing homework. What are we watching?”

The door opened and Lay came into the house, followed closely by Chanyeol.  


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!

My Christmas present to you all! <3