In Training

Thirteen's a Crowd

One very busy week later you were packing up the car to go back to school.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come back with us?” You asked Baekhyun over the phone.

“Yea, I’m sure. Iseul is going back on the train and I’m going to go with her.” He explained, “She’s really shy and I want her to be prepared before she meets everyone.”

“Okay, well I hope you have a good time.” You said, hanging up the phone.

“You think this is everything?” You asked Chanyeol.

“Everything and more.” He laughed. The car was packed to the roof with shopping bags. “I don’t know why we had to get all of this stuff during this trip home.” Chanyeol sighed.

“Because of all the after Christmas sales. Isn’t Costco wonderful?” You laughed. There were so many groceries and you also picked up stuff for the new house.

You went through your list to make sure everything was in the car.

  • 5 bags of groceries
  • Coffee maker
  • Kitchen aid
  • Toaster
  • 2 knife sets
  • 3 flats of water
  • 2 boxes of Christmas lights
  • Sheets
  • Comforter

You checked over the list again.

“I’m sure we have everything.” Chanyeol said, steering you into the passenger’s seat.

“But if we forget stuff we can’t get it until February.”

“That’s fine. They just started putting the floor in the house Sarah, it will be a long time before we can set up the coffee maker.” He laughed. “Where are we going to keep this stuff at our place anyways?”

“Under our bed, I guess…in your old closet…piled around our room?” You suggested.

“I guess those are really our only options.” He got in the car and started it. You both waved to his parents in the window as he pulled out of the driveway. “I like being at home, and I know that we don’t get a lot of privacy at our place either but it’s not half as bad as here.”

“I know.” You leaned over and kissed his cheek. “It will be nice to be back into the routine.”

You put the radio on and you both talked on and off, and you read in the passengers seat.

“What are your reading?” He asked.

“An autobiography.” You said, “It’s called ‘Yes, Please’ by Amy Poehler.”

“Is it in English?”

“Yea,” You laughed, “You should take English lessons.” You suggested.

“You can teach me.” He said, glancing at you.

“Is that a good idea?” You asked.

“It’s a great idea.”

“I think that that would go very badly.” You stated, “I don’t want to be your teacher, stuff like that always ends up in fights.”

“Not with us. Come on, let’s start now, if it doesn’t go well we won’t do it anymore.”

“Fine…say ‘Hello, I’m Chanyeol, and I am twenty two years old.’”

“Hello, I’m Chanyeol and I am twenty two years old.”

“Good…I don’t really know what to teach you.”

“How do I say ‘I will only love you’?” He smiled at you sweetly.

“You can say ‘You are my one true love.’” You said it again slower and he repeated after you.

You were quiet for a while, listening to the radio.

“Sarah?”

“Yea?”

“You are my one true love.” Chanyeol said in English, beaming.

“You’re so cute.” You laughed.

* * * * *

“We’re home!” You shouted from the foyer.

“Good for you!” Tao yelled back.

“Can someone help us with boxes?” You asked.

“Coming!” Kyungsoo and Suho came around the corner.

“There’s groceries and a bunch of water that can just go into the kitchen for everyone and then everything else can just go to the second floor and then we can sort it.” You pulled your suitcase in and started to bring it upstairs.

“It’s like mum and dad came home from a big trip.” Kai laughed, taking the suitcase from you.

“Haha.” You fake laughed. “How have the last few days been?”

“Crazy.” He shook his head. “I actually have some really big news. I wanted to tell you in person.”

“Well what is it?” You asked, following him up the stairs.

“I was at the studio yesterday and our ballet teacher was there doing private lessons, and she told me that next month they are having auditions for the national ballet.”

“And?” You stared at him.

“AND! I signed us both up to audition!” He shook you, jumping up and down.

“You what?” Your jaw dropped. “Kai, take my name off the list. This is ridiculous, I’m going to make an out of myself!”

“No you won’t. Our teacher thinks you should do it too.”

“Don’t lie to me.”

“I wouldn’t lie about that.” He said.

“Well what happens when people get in?”

“They drop out of school and go dance for the National Ballet.” Kai said calmly.

“I really hope you get in.” You said, “This is your dream!”

“Isn’t it yours?”

“My major is medieval history, not ballet.” You laughed.

“You have to admit though, it’s an amazing opportunity.” He said.

“Yea…I guess you’ll have to help me train though. Since you’re the one that sighed me up.”

“Of course!” He hugged you.

“What’s going on?” Chanyeol asked, dragging his suitcase into the bedroom.

“Sarah and I are auditioning for the National Ballet.” Kai said, beaming.

“That’s amazing!” Chanyeol hugged you, and clapped Kai on the back, “You guys are both going to be amazing! Can people watch the auditions?”

“Yea, they’re in the theatre at our school.” Kai said, “You gonna watch?”

“Of course I am!” Chanyeol put his arm around you, “If you want me to.” He said, looking down at you.

“We’ll see how I do with training.” You laughed.

“First things first,” Kai said, “We’re going on a diet.”

You sighed, slumping and pouting.

“No slouching!” He hit your back, straightening you.

“Chanyeol, make him stop.” You said, turned back towards your fiancé.

“He’s your trainer.” Chanyeol laughed.

“Can’t we start tomorrow?” You asked Kai, “I’m tired.”

“No time like the present.”

* * * * *

An hour later you were sitting on the floor of the living room in straddle, with Kai pushing your legs back.

“This hurts!” You whined.

“Bad hurt or good hurt?” He asked.

“…good hurt.” You huffed, taking a deep breath.

“I don’t know why I thought that watching a girl workout would be hot.” Chen noted, walking to the kitchen. “It’s kind of scary.”

“If they look good while they are working out they aren’t doing a very good job.” You stated.

“Fair enough.” He laughed, “You guys want some water?”

“Yes!” You shouted.

“You can’t have any yet. You have to wait for the break.” Kai said, looking at his timer, “You still have fifteen minutes.”

“How much longer do I have to stay like this?”

“Ten seconds, then you have to go into your right splits and we’re going to work on your hyperextension.” He smiled.

“You are enjoying torturing me way too much.” You said coldly.

“Yea, maybe, but it’s also for your benefit.” He reminded you.

“Yea I know.” You rolled so that you were doing your right splits, and waited for Kai to put the block under your ankle.

“You okay?” He asked, stepping back from you, “Just breath.”

“I think people in China can hear me breathing, Kai.” You said through gritted teeth.

“That’s really impressive.” He said, looking at your extension.

“Thanks.”

Chanyeol came down with a bag of chips in his hand and sat on the couch.

“How’s it going?” He asked through a mouthful of chips.

“Fine.” You breathed, leaning down so your chest was against your leg.

“He’s getting her ready for tonight.” Chen laughed, coming back in the living room and sitting beside Chanyeol.

They both laughed, making jokes.

“Can you be immature somewhere else?” You asked, flipping over to the left side.

“No.” They said in union.

“Block them out, Sarah.” Kai said, sounding like an Olympic coach. “Eyes on the prize. A contract with the National Ballet.”

“I was thinking more along the lines of an ice bath.” You breathed. “What do we have to get ready for the audition?”

“A solo piece, and the partner piece from Swan Lake, they haven’t said which part yet though. The audition is going to start with a warm up and they are going to choose who goes on to the next part from that.”

“Okay.” You nodded.

“Okay get up, extension time. Right leg first.”

You brought your leg up, and held it.

“You really need to give me a time.” You stated. “I would like to know when my pain is almost over.”

* * * * *

You got out of the shower slowly, limping back to the bedroom. You laid down on the bed, body and hair still wrapped in towels. Chanyeol put his book down and looked over at you, rubbing your back.

“How are you doing?”

“I’ve never felt worse.” You said into the pillow. “My muscles are so tense.”

“I can give you a massage.” He said.

“A massage?” You asked, “Chanyeol, I can’t really have right now. I can’t move.”

“It wasn’t code.” He laughed, “I mean it, I’ll give you a massage.”  

“Thanks baby. Before you do, can you get me pajama shorts and a tank top?”

“You got it.” He patted your as he moved off the bed.

You flipped yourself over and took your hair out of the towel, putting it in a bun.

“You look so beautiful after you’ve showered.” Chanyeol said, handing you your clothes.

“Because I’m finally clean?” You laughed, putting your clothes on.

“No, you’re face is just natural, without makeup, and your cheeks are always flushed from how hot you put the water.” He lay back down beside you. “It’s just beautiful.” He kissed your nose, making you smiled widely.

“I don’t want a massage, can you just scratch my back and stuff?” You asked, turned so your back was to him.

“Of course.” He slid his warm hands under your shirt, drawing pictures, lulling you to sleep.

You opened your eyes and the room was dark, you must have fallen asleep. You rolled over and Chanyeol was sleeping with his back to you. You were so thirsty you started to get up but your legs were throbbing and you couldn’t make yourself straighten them.

You looked back over at Chanyeol, debating on whether to wake him or not. After sitting there for ten minutes you tapped his back.

He didn’t move.

You shook him a bit, and he rolled over groaning.

“Can you get me a glass of water?” You whispered. “I can’t walk, my legs hurt so badly.”

He threw the blankets off of him, dragging himself to the bathroom. You could hear the tap running and then he appeared again.

“Thank you.” You said as you took the cup and drank the whole thing.

He got back in bed, pulling the blankets back up.

He tapped his cheek, and you leaned over and kissed it. Then he turned back over on his side and was asleep in seconds.

You went back to sleep too.

* * * * *

“Sarah, get up.” You heard someone telling you.

“I want to sleep.” You mumbled. “I’m tired.”

“I’m tired too but here we are.”

“Go back to sleep.”

“We have to go to the studio.”

“Why are you going to the studio, Chan?” You asked, pulling the blankets up more.

“This isn’t Chanyeol, it’s Kai.” You could hear him laughing at you.

“Chanyeol?” You asked.

“Mhm?” He hummed.

“Are you still sleeping?”

“Well I’m trying to.” He said lowly.

“I’ll be down in fifteen.” You said to Kai.

“You better be.” You could hear him leaving your room.

“When will you be back?” Chanyeol asked, rolling over to cuddle with you.

“I have no idea.” You said. “I can’t see it being more than four hours.”

“I feel like I’m not going to see you much for the next month.”

“I’m sure you will.” You kissed him. “Kai will give up on me soon enough.”

“No he won’t. You will do amazing at the auditions.”

You finally got out of bed and started looking for your dance stuff. You pulled out sweatpants and shorts and socks and a tank top and a leotard, and a few other things.

“Why do you need this much clothing?” Chanyeol asked, looking at all of the stuff you had thrown at him on the bed.

“You never know what you’ll be doing.” You laughed, “I need warmer stuff so I can get warmed up, and then stuff to practice in and then stuff for ballet.”

“I’m not following but as long as you’ve got yourself sorted out that’s good.”

You pulled the shorts on and the sweatpants over them and your sweater over your tank top.

“I’ll text you later.” You said, kissing him before moving towards the door. “Light on or off?”

“Off please.” He said, getting comfortable again.

“Bye!”

“See you later.” He yawned.

* * * * *

“We’re done.” Kai said, pulling you up off the floor, “Unless there’s anything else you want to work on?”

“No, I just need to take a bath.” You laughed, “I feel awful after last night and today.”

“Yea, I’m feeling really stiff too.”

“Tomorrow we should get started on the choreography.” You said.

“That would be good.” He laughed, “We can find some stuff to help us tonight. I have the music already cut for it.”

“Sounds good, I’m just going to call Chanyeol.” The phone rang several times before he picked up.

“Hello?” He sounded tired.

“We’re on our way back now.” You said excitedly. “Are yous till sleeping?”

“Well I was…”

“Sorry,” You apologized, “I just wanted to tell you we’re on our way back and I’ll see you in ten or fifteen minutes.”

“Okay, see you baby.”

“Love you!” With that you hung up the phone.

“So what was all the baby stuff about last week?” Kai asked, “I didn’t want to say anything with people around, just incase.”

“Well you know how Chnayeol keeps asking me to go to the adoption agency right?”

“Yea.”

“Well Last week I told him that we could go and make an appointment to find out what we have to do and all of that stuff.”

“Wow, that’s a big step, and really fast.”

“I know. And I was really set against it before but I do really want kids, and Chanyeol is right, this takes years sometimes, so I figured what’s the harm?” You shrugged your coat on and got all of your stuff collected as you left the studio, making your way home.

“Well maybe next weekend will change your mind again.” He laughed. “My niece is cute but she is a handful.”


A more lighthearted chapter for you guys! I enjoyed writing one that wasn't all angsty, I feel like I might do that too often..what do you guys think?

Thanks for reading and continuing to support me!

Comment and upvote please! ^^