What Girls Like

Thirteen's a Crowd

“Chanyeol, you have to tell us what happened.” Kai insisted.

“I don’t want to say anything because Sarah really doesn’t want you guys to know everything, I don’t even know hardly anything.”

“Did she look a lot worse when you guys got home last night?” Sehun asked.

“Yea, she did, she was covered in blood. The bruises on her neck and chest are also really bad.” He stopped, remembering her crying. “She could barely move, I had to help her…”

“Help her with what?” Tao asked, just walking into the kitchen.

“I had to help her get in the bathtub and everything.”

“You mean you saw her ?” Tao’s eyes widened childishly.

Baekhyun hit him, “Grow up, its not like he was doing it for fun.” He said to Tao.

“It wasn’t fun. It was so hard to see her that way. She is the first girl we have ever had live here and I had no idea how made it would make me to see that she had been taken advantage of in such a way.” Chanyeol’s eyes started to tear again and Baekhyun hugged him.  Chanyeol wiped his eyes and looked at everyone standing in the kitchen. “You guys all have to be really nice to her. Don’t touch her unless she says its okay.”

“I feel so bad about that. She actually backed away…” Kai took a deep breath in and out. “I’m going to apologise tomorrow.”

“I think that maybe we should email her teachers so that she doesn’t have to go to school Monday if she doesn’t feel up to it. She needs some time to be by herself.” Sehun said considerately.

“Yea, I agree.” Everyone nodded. “Can you get their emails from her tomorrow, Chanyeol?” Kai asked.

“Yea, I will.”

“I think I’m going to go to bed.” Tao said, pouring him self a glass of water.

“Yea, me too.” Sehun followed him upstairs.

“We should all go to bed.” Baekhyun stated.

“Goodnight guys.”

* * * * *

Chanyeol left the kitchen before everyone else and walked up to the third floor. He listened at your door for a moment before carefully opening it. You were asleep, the television still on and playing Peter Pan.

Chanyeol walked around your bed to look at your face and saw you crying in your sleep. He could tell that you were having a bad dream.

Maybe I should stay here. He thought. He pulled up the chair next to your bed and turned the movie off. He sat down and watched you until he fell asleep.

In the middle of the night you woke up, sitting up straight in your bed, breathing heavily. You could feel the wetness of tears on your cheeks and you tried to wipe them away. You looked over and saw a large figure sitting beside you. You were startled but them you noticed the ring that they figure was wearing. It was Chanyeol. You breathed a sighed of relief, happy that you weren’t alone anymore.

“Chanyeol?” You got up and shook his shoulder.

He sat up quickly, blinking hard and looking around the room.

“Are you okay?” He asked frantically.

“Yea, I’m fine.” You grabbed his hand and sat on his knee. “I’m just really happy you’re here, it makes sleeping a lot easier.” Your head was resting against his chest; you could hear his heart beating in your ear.

* * * * *

In the morning you woke up in bed again, alone. A text from Chanyeol flashed on your phone.

 

From Chanyeol

Had to go to the store with Suho and Tao. I’ll be back in the afternoon.

 

You sighed, looking around your room like you were trying to find something to do. You were dreading going downstairs.

Your stomach grumbled, and you could taste acid in your mouth. You left your room and walked past the bathroom door, which was closed. You ran downstairs quickly after listening for people. When you turned into the kitchen you noticed Kai sitting at the table.

“Oh, hey.” You said. You poured yourself a glass of water and got a box of cereal out of the cupboard.

“Hey Sarah.” He stared at you for a moment from the table, you could tell her wanted to say something. “Listen, I’m sorry about last night. I didn’t mean to frighten you.” He sounded so sad and worried.

“Its alright Kai.” Your back was turned to him as you prepared your breakfast. You walked over and sat next to him at the table. “I just wasn’t expecting it.”

“Okay, but I just want you to know that I really am sorry and I won’t do it again until I know it’s alright with you.” He smiled, glancing at you from under his bangs.

“I know.” Don’t worry about it Kai. Really, its fine.” You smiled again and rested your hand on his. “It means a lot that you care about me that much.”

“We all do,” He said quietly. “We are all just so worried for you, if you need anything I will always be here for you.”

You started to eat your cereal as he ate his beside you. It was quiet but not awkward. It was perfect. You felt very comfortable with Kai, and you wanted him to know that you meant what you said and that he didn’t have to be sorry about the hug.

You got up to put your bowl in the sink and caught your reflection in the mirror. You saw the cut on your face, swollen as he healed and you could see Jinhai’s teeth marks perfectly on your neck. You gagged and threw your bowl in the sink, quickly running to the bathroom.

Kai got up quickly and followed you, he watched as you hung over the toilet. He came in behind you and grabbed your hair as you threw up. He rubbed your back and knelt beside you.

As you were finally calming down you heard the front door open and close loudly. Then Kris peaked his head in the bathroom door.

“Are you alright?” He asked, dropping his bag and kneeling in front of you. He cupped your cheeks gently and looked into your eyes.

“I just got sick.” You said, trying to turn your head away so you wouldn’t breath in his face. “I’m just really tired now.”

“I’ll carry you up to your room.” He smiled. “Can you get my bag Kai?”

“Yea, sure.”

Kris picked you up like a toddler, your legs around his waist and your arms around his neck, your head resting in the crook of his neck. He walked smoothly up the stairs, not giving any hints if he thought you were heavy.

“Have you been sick all day?” He asked.

“Just when I eat.” You mumbled into his ear.

“So you haven’t really eaten anything?”

“No.” you put your head back down on his shoulder. You could see Kai putting Kris’ bag in his room as Kris carried you to yours.

“Have a good sleep.” Kai said to you before going back down stairs.

Kris set you on your bed and tucked you in.

“Thanks,” You smiled.

“Do you want anything? Water maybe?”

“That would be nice.” Kris left and filled up a glass in the bathroom and brought it back to you.

“I feel so useless.” You stated, taking the water and drinking the whole glass. “You guys don’t have to do this for me.”

“Yes we do.” Kris said firmly. “We all love you Sarah. I know you have only been with us a short time but you have captured us.” He smiled boyishly, shaking his head. “You have definitely captured me.”

He left after that. You didn’t want to be a burden to him by asking him to stay with you. Chanyeol would be back in an hour or so, so you could stay by yourself for a little while. You decided that it wasn’t a good idea to sleep and that you should probably take a shower.

You picked out a pair of your own pyjamas and went into the washroom. You thought about how nice the guys were to be paying so much attention to you, they had no idea what you were going through but they still tried to be sensitive to you.

You were standing in the shower washing your hair when a thought hit you.

What if I get pregnant from this?

You were so worried before about your injuries and just traumatised by the whole situation that you didn’t even think of that.

I’m so stupid! Isn’t that the first thing I should think about? You asked yourself, leading your head against the shower wall.

It felt like all you had been doing the last few days was cry. But you couldn’t help it, all you could do was cry. You put your hand between your legs and touched to see if there was any blood.

Thankfully there wasn’t any, but it still hurt. You cleaned your cuts gently, they were starting to come together, but they still looked very raw and swollen. The water hurt as it hit your bruises but you got out feeling refreshed and a little bit more relaxed than when you had gotten in.

After you had dried off you started to look through the medicine cabinet for some peroxide and bandages. After finding both you got dressed and went back to your room. 

* * * * *

You had been sitting in front of your mirror with the peroxide for twenty minutes, unable to make yourself put it on. You went out in the hall and knocked on Kris’ door.

“Yea?” He yelled.

“It’s me.”

“One sec.” You could hear him shuffling around and then he opened the door.

“Could you help me?” You asked, holding up the bottle or peroxide.

“Yea sure.” He followed you back into your room and sat down beside you on the floor.

“I can’t make myself put it on. It’s going to sting really badly. I need you to do it quickly and then put the bandage on top.” 

“Close your eyes.” You did as he said. “Now take a deep breath.”

As you took a breath in you felt the cloth with peroxide touch your neck, and then a bandage being taped on.

“Painless.” He smiled at you.

“Well almost!” You smiled. The bandage on your neck made it look like you had tried to stab yourself in the jugular. “I just look really scary now.”

“As if having a cut on your face doesn’t already classify you as scary.” He laughed but quickly stopped when he saw how unimpressed you looked. “Sorry. I shouldn’t joke.”

“Well I can’t stay sad forever.” You shrugged.

“But you don’t have to get over it right away you know.”

There was a knock at the bedroom door.

“Come in.”

“Hey Sarah!” Chanyeol came in smiling, holding a grocery bag. “I got you some stuff that girls like.”

“How do you know what girls like?” You asked, raising your eyebrow.

“I guessed.” He laughed and dumped the bag onto your bed.

You got up and moved over to your bed, sitting in front of all of the things. There was shin ramyeon, a bunch of candy, and an issue of Nylon with SHINee on it.

“This is what you think girls like?” You asked, gesturing to the pile.

“Well, don’t all girls like SHINee?” He asked, picking up the magazine and flipping through it.

“Yea, I’m just kidding, I love all of this stuff.” You laughed and opened a pack of gummies. “Thanks Chanyeol!” You said through a full mouth.

Kris said his goodbyes and left you and Chanyeol alone in your room.

“Chan, can I ask you something, seriously?” You asked, as you were talking.

“Sure.” His smile faded as he waited for you to talk.

“Well…this is kind of weird, and if you don’t want to its totally fine and you don’t have to.” You stated. “But I was just wondering if you could stay with me again tonight?”

“Yea.” He nodded.

“Really?”

“Yea, I’m here as long as you want me.”


This chapter's song is : Ace by Taemin. 

Thanks for reading guys! comment, subscribe and upvote! it is greatly appreciated <3 Also I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has already subscribed and commented!