Hot Chocolate

Thirteen's a Crowd

A movie and a half later you were all snoozing on the bed. Chanyeol was spooning you as you rested your head on Kai’s chest, who was sleeping diagonally, leaving room for Sehun who was snuggled in between the two of you and Kyungsoo, holding onto your legs which were wrapped in blankets.

It was the best sleep you had ever had.

You woke up easily, the movie still on, and laid there, not wanting to wake the guys up, cause you know they had a hard night too, and on top of that were probably hung over.

You finished the movie and lay there, almost back to sleep when you felt Chanyeol moving behind you. He squeezed around your waist and kissed your back in between your shoulder blades.

“Let’s get up.” You whispered to him.

He moved slowly off the bed and you rolled off as well, prying your legs from beneath Kyungsoo. You put some pants on and a sweater, as did Chanyeol.

You both went downstairs and saw that it was miserable outside, it was almost dark out the weather was so bad. The snow and freezing rain were coming down in sheets outside.

“Let’s turn on the lights on the tree and put the fire on.” He said, motioning for you to sit down on the couch.

As you sat he got everything ready, also going into the kitchen to make himself a coffee and you a hot chocolate. While you waited for him you flipped through the stations, finding something for background noise.

“Do you have your laptop down here?” You asked him as he flopped down beside you.

“Yea, one second.” He got back up again, huffing as he did so and got his computer from the dining room.

“Let’s get started on house stuff.” You said enthusiastically.

“Are you feeling better?” He asked, ignoring you.

“Yea, I feel fine. I don’t even know what last night was. It was probably just a one time thing.”

“Last time you had nightmares for weeks.” He said, “Did that guy do anything to you last night?”

“No, not really.” You shook your head, preoccupying yourself with getting the computer started up. “He just tried to make me dance with him. I just freaked out for a minute.” You said.

“Okay, well if you want to talk about it I’m always here to listen.” He put his arm around you and kissed your cheek, “Let’s get going with this house stuff! What are we doing exactly?”

“The contractor sent me an email with a list of stuff we’re to pick out.” You said, bring it up. “We need to send him all of this stuff by the end of the day because he is going to order it all tomorrow morning.”

“That’s a lot.” He breathed. “I guess going out isn’t really an option.” He gestured out at the snow.

“Not today.” You laughed.  “We need to pick out hardwood flooring for the rooms because they’re starting to install the in floor heating tomorrow. I want light wood I think, cause it will go nicely with all the windows in the house.”

“Sounds good to me.”

You spent the next hour looking at different types of hardwood.

You heard your phone ring and answered it, handing the laptop to Chanyeol.

“Hello?”

“Hi, it’s Sonhyung. It’s really stormy out so maybe you’re date with Taehyung should wait.” He laughed.

“Yea, that sounds like it’s for the best. Tell him I will see him before I go back to Seoul though.” You said.

“I will.”

“Alright, bye, Sonhyung.” You said happily into the phone.

“See you, Sarah.” He hung up.

“I didn’t know there were so many options.” Chanyeol rubbed his eyes. “I can’t even see straight anymore.”

“When do you think the guys are going to get up?” You asked, checking the time, “It’s almost eleven.”

“I don’t think they got back until around 4 so they hadn’t been asleep very long when they came in with us.”

“Oh,” You laughed, “We’ll let them sleep then.”

“We’d better.” He agreed, “I also saw the huge spot of drool you left on Kai’s shirt.” He laughed at you, “It’s nice that it wasn’t on me for once.”

“I was cuddling with him and that doesn’t bother you?” You laughed, leaning into him, placing the laptop on the coffee table.

“As long as I get a break from you drooling on me you can cuddle with any of them.” He laughed, making fun of you.

You couldn’t stop laughing about it. You didn’t know he knew you drooled in your sleep.

“I didn’t know you knew.”

“Sarah, it’s like a liter of spit, everyone knows.” He snorted as he inhaled.

“That’s an exaggeration!” You hit his arm.

Next thing you knew Chanyeol had you pinned down to the sofa, straddling you.

“Don’t you dare spit on me,” You said sternly. “I’ll never speak to you again!”

He let a string of spit out of his mouth, and then it back up just as it was about to fall.

“Ew! Get off me!” You said again, turning your face. “I can’t help it, I have to breath through my mouth!” You tried to defend yourself.

“Boo hoo!” He let another string of spit hang from his mouth and it back up.

“What are you going to do when one of those falls on my face?” You asked him, like you were scolding a child.

“I’m going to laugh.” He stuck his tongue out at you before doing it again.

“God help me!” You squealed as he caught the spit just before it hit your cheek.

“That was a close one.” He said, smiling down at you.

“You’re disgusting.” You said, keeping your head turned. 

“I’m not the one that drools in my sleep.” He let another one fall.

“Chanyeol!” You yelled.

Then it hit your face.

“I’m going to kill you!” You got your arms away from him and tackled him, wiping your face on his t-shirt. “You’re the worst!” You sat straddling his stomach, arms folded across your chest.

“I’m sorry.” He said through laughs, “I really didn’t plan for it to fall!”

“Oh whatever!” You got off him, “We really have to do this stuff.” You took a drink of your, now cold, hot chocolate, setting it down again. “Can you make me a new one?” You asked sweetly.

Chanyeol gave you a sad look, not wanting to get up.

“It’s the least you can do after spitting on me.” You stated coldly, giving him the mug.

“Fine.” As he got up you could hear the guys coming downstairs. “Morning!”

“Hey guys,” You said, still looking at the computer.

Kai sat next to you and Sehun leaned on the arm of the chair on the other side of you.

“You feeling better?” Sehun asked.

Much better.” You smiled up at him, “Thank you guys for staying in with me, I’m sorry if you guys had an awful sleep.”

“Naw, It was a great sleep!” Kyungsoo brushed your apology off.

“Yea, best sleep I’ve ever had.” Kai said, wrapping his arm over your shoulder to hug you. “Sarah…”

“Yea?”

“Really sorry, you smell really weird.” He leaned in again sniffing you. “Like babies…spit? And coffee?”

“Ugh, Chanyeol spit on my cheek.” You wiped your cheek again with the sleeve of your sweater. 

“He spit on you?” Sehun gave Chanyeol an appalled look as he came back into the room.

“Yea, he held it over my face and it fell.” You said, taking your drink from him.

“It was an accident!” Chanyeol said defensively.

“That’s gross man.” Kai said, berating him.

“Yea, that’s pretty nasty.” Kyungsoo said, leaning back in the armchair.

“You should have seen your chest this morning, Kai.” Chanyeol said, raising his eyebrow at you. “There was a huge puddle of drool on you.”

“Yea, everyone knows she drools.” Kai said, unfazed.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me they knew I drooled?” You asked loudly, putting your drink down and staring at them dumbfounded.

“Because we didn’t want you to react like this.” Sehun said sarcastically.

“Because it doesn’t matter.” Kai corrected him.

“It’s cute baby.” Chanyeol said, eye smiling.

“Whatever.” You sat back against the sofa. “So how did your night go Kai?” You asked, remembering the girl he was kissing on the dance floor.

“It was alright.” He laughed, “I mean I didn’t get her number or anything. I didn’t see it going past last night.”

“What about Baekhyun?” You asked, hopeful for him.

“From what I know, he didn’t go home last night.” Kai admitted.

“That’s so exciting!” You hit his arm, “Yay! Do you think they had ?”

“Not a chance.” Kyungsoo laughed. “He would be way too scared.”

“He’s probably lucky he got the new years kiss in.” Sehun teased.

“I can’t wait to hear about it from him.” You said happily. “I knew that girl would be a good fit for him.”

“When are your parents getting back?” Kyungsoo asked Chanyeol.

“In two days.” Chanyeol said, “I should probably give them a call.” He got up and left the room, dialing his parents on the way out.

“Is he mad that we slept with you guys?” Kai asked, “I know he can get pretty jealous and weird.”

“No actually, he wasn’t bothered by it at all. He actually made a joke about lending me out to you guys so that I wouldn’t drool on him all the time.”

“You can cuddle with me whenever you want.” Sehun said, sliding down to be lying on you.

“Thanks.” You laughed.

* * * * *

Later that day you were all showered and ready to go. You didn’t know what for, considering that you couldn’t go anywhere in the storm, but you felt better being clean anyways.

All of the guys were gathered in the living room, sitting around the fire with pillows and blankets, thawing out form their walk over to the house. And everyone was waiting for Baekhyun.

He had called an hour earlier saying that he was trying to find a taxi company to come drive him home and that he would be there soon, updating with a text every once and a while. Almost all of the companies were closed because of how bad the freezing rain had gotten, but he was finally almost home.

“I hope it’s all good news.” You said, thinking out loud.

“I’m sure it will be.” Xiumin said, “I mean, guys don’t just stay out all night for a bad experience.”

“Yea, that’s true.” You nodded. “Do you think they’re dating now?”

“Not everyone gets engaged in the same week they become exclusive.” Luhan joked.

You heard the door opening and looked over expectantly.

“We’re all in the living room!” You shouted.

“Okay!” You could hear him sorting himself out in the front hall.

When Baekhyun came around the corner you couldn’t stop yourself from laughing, his hair was windblown and frozen in place, with a layer of snow on it.

“Come sit by the fire.” You said, motioning him over. You got him a pillow to sit on and a blanket and he curled up in between you and Xiumin.

You couldn’t wait for everyone to do their small talk before asking him.

“So how did last night go?” You asked.

“It went really great.” He said, blushing as he smiled.

“And?”

“And, we’re going to see one another again.” He said, “After the bar I went back to her hotel with her and we just talked and ordered pizza and I got to know her.”

“That’s it?” Chanyeol asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

“And we made out a lot.”

“This is so exciting Baekhyun!” You were shaking his arm so hard that snow was falling out of his hair. “I can’t wait to officially meet her!”

“What’s her name?” Suho asked.

“Iseul.” He said, “And we’re the same age.”

“I was hoping she would be the same age as me.” You said; so much for wishful thinking.

“You’re always going to be the baby of the group.” Chen said to you, sticking his tongue out. “Accept it.”

“I think I’ll have to.” You sighed, “wait, you said her hotel room…where’s she from?”

“Well she’s from Daegu, actually, but she doesn’t to school in Seoul and she was here with her roommate for the New Year.”

“That’s so awesome!” You said, hitting his shoulder again, “That means you can really date her and see her all of the time!”

“You sound way more excited than he does.” Chanyeol laughed.

“Nonsense, he is super excited, he just wants to look cool if front of you guys.” You stated. “Do you want a hot beverage, Baekhyun?”

“Yes please.” He nodded.

“Chanyeol come with me.” You stood up, pulling him up with you and dragging him to the kitchen. “I can’t wait to meet her!” You blurted out as soon as you were in the kitchen.

“I can tell.” He laughed, “What if she turns out to be like Hyojin?”

“She won’t. You should have been there when I spilt her drink last night she is the sweetest thing ever!” You hugged him. “It’s all because of me.”

“Have I ever told you how humble you are?” Chanyeol teased, spinning you around the kitchen towards the kettle.

“No, but it’s alright, I already know I am.” You kissed his cheek. “Does he like coffee? Or should I made him hot chocolate?”

“Make him hot chocolate.” He said.

You filled the kettle and sat on the counter, Chanyeol leaning against it beside you.

“You know,” You said, Chanyeol turning his attention to you from the window. “Sleeping with Kai and Sehun and Kyungsoo made me want to have kids really badly.” You laughed.

Chanyeol’s eyes went from being wide to being relaxed, “I thought you were going to say sleeping with them made you want to have more boyfriends.” He laughed.

“No, silly.” You laughed, “Children.”

“I heard that’s really popular in western countries.” He said.

“Having kids?”

“Having multiple boyfriends.” He stated, matter-of-factly.

“Uh, no.” You shook your head. “Maybe for Mormons, or adventurous people, but that isn’t something that is widely talked about.” You laughed. 

“Good to know.” He laughed.

The kettle beeped to show that it was ready and Chanyeol made Baekhyun’s hot chocolate.

“When we get back to Seoul do you want to look at adoption agencies?” You asked him nervously.

He set the mug down and turned to you slowly. “Are you serious?” He asked.

“Yea,” You nodded. “I know I said it was way too soon but I want to at least start the process.” You said. “Don’t mention it to the guys until we at least set up the first meeting.” You warned.

You hoped you wouldn’t regret asking that.

* * * * *

Four hours later the guys had taken every television from around the house and set them up in the living room, planning to play video games all night.

“What are you doing?” Kai asked, leaning against the couch.

“I’m going through stuff for the house so that the contractor can buy them.” You said.

“That sounds like fun.” He smiled.

“It .” You laughed.

“Oh, you wanna see something?” He asked, moving to sit beside you on the couch.

“Of course.”

Kai took his phone out and was scrolling through for a few seconds, “This is my niece.” He handed you his phone, showing you a picture of a sweet looking baby girl.

“How old is she?” You asked.

“She’s a year and a half.” He said, “She’s cute isn’t she?”

“Beautiful!” You said, gushing over the picture, “I bet she’s in love with you.” You laughed.

“I’m in love with her too.” He laughed. “My sister is coming in to Seoul the weekend after we’re back at school and wants me to watch her so if you’re around you will get to meet her.”

“I’m going to make sure I’m there.” You assured him, “Chanyeol, come here and see Kai’s niece.”

Chanyeol paused his game and crawled over to look.

“She’s so cute, Kai!” He said, smiling at the picture.

“Kai said he is babysitting her after we get back to school so we get to meet her.” You told Chanyeol.

“Sounds great!” Chanyeol handed the phone back to Kai. “Get some practice.” He winked at you and you hit his shoulder. He kissed you on the cheek before go back to the video games.

“Practice?” Kai asked.

“Never mind him.” You laughed, “He thinks we’re going to get a baby soon.”  


A more lighthearted chapter for you all :)

I want to say thank you to everyone that have sent me messages, it means a lot to get to know you guys and don't ever feel afraid to message me about anything even if you just need someone to talk to I'm always here :)

Thanks again guys!

Comment and upvote, love you all! 

Also I am looking for new stories to read on here, so if you have any suggestions for good stories I would love to hear them! <3