Moving Forward

Thirteen's a Crowd

The sun hit you as it rose in the morning; you turned over and buried your head into Chanyeol’s chest.

“What time is it?” He asked groggily.

“I don’t know.” You could feel him reaching past you for his phone.

“It’s only 6.” He breathed, relieved. “What time do you want to get up?”

“My audition is at two so I think ten.” You were still under all of the blankets and had your face in Chanyeol’s shirt. “I just want to lay here.”

“Of course.” He wrapped his arms around you, your hair and hugging you. “One second.” He crawled over you and pulled the blinds closed. “Is that better?” He asked as he got back in bed.

“Yea.” You smiled weakly into his chest as you pulled him closer to you.

“Go back to sleep.”

It didn’t take you long to fall back to sleep. Being with Chanyeol made you feel like a whole person. Like nothing happened to you.

* * * * *

You woke up again at nine thirty and just lay beside Chanyeol. He looked so happy when he was sleeping. You couldn’t help but smile as you looked at him. His mouth was open and he snored lightly, his hair was a mess, sticking up all over the place.

You tried to get up quietly so that you wouldn’t wake him up, but he felt you moving beside him and turned towards you.

“Are you leaving?”

“Yea, I should probably go shower and get ready. I’m really nervous about today, I only started dancing again this week, maybe its too soon.” You rambled.

“You are going to do great.” He sat up to face you. “I know you will. If you want I can meet you after and we can go out and get dinner.”

“Yea that would be great. I think Kai might be coming as well so the three of us can go out.” You smiled, and got up to leave the room. “Thanks for last night, by the way. I don’t know what I would do without you Oppa.” You leaned down and kissed him on the cheek. “I love you.”

You left before he said anything and started the painful journey to your room. You could still see Kris’ face when you screamed at him. You felt so bad, but you were so scared. What warranted those dreams?

You ran into the bathroom quickly just in case he left his room while you were in the hallway.

I don’t need this today. You thought. I just need to focus on this audition and worry about it later.

You got in the shower and just started plan your warm up for when you got to the studio.

* * * * *

You made it to the studio an hour and a half before the audition. You went into an empty studio and started to warm up, stretching and doing across the floor combinations. You could feel yourself loosening up and starting to feel better the more you danced.

You had managed to completely avoid Kris the whole morning, but Chanyeol had told you that Kris was really upset about what happened the night before. You promised Chanyeol that you would talk to him when you got home and try to explain what happened. You didn’t know how you were going to do that though.

You were working on your technique at the ballet bar when you heard the door open and close. You tried to ignore it, thinking it was probably Kai but the voice that greeted you was definitely not Kai’s.

“Your neck is healing nicely.” You turned around quickly and your stomach seemed to fall drastically.

“What are you doing here?” You snapped. You would remember him from anywhere.

“What do you mean? Kai told me that he told you I was the one who talked to Ms. Kim. I’m Jinhai, remember?” There was a gleam in his eyes that was evil, but it slipped away as the door opened again and a lady walked in.

“Hello Sarah, I am Ms. Kim, I will be overseeing your audition today.” She smiled as she walked up to you.

“Oh, uh, hi, its nice to meet you, Ms. Kim.” You bowed to her.

“So this is Jinhai and he will be your partner for the combination I am going to teach you.” Your heart started to beat quickly. You couldn’t have him touching you.

“I thought that Kai would be my partner.” You said shyly.

“Well I had considered it, but I wanted to make sure that you could be really professional and I felt like having you do the routine with Jinhai would be the best way.” She walked away and started to get the music ready. “Jinhai-ssi, you can wait outside, come back at quarter to three.” He nodded and walked out of the studio without looking at you.

“Alright, come out into the middle of the floor and show me your splits…” She continued to test you on your balance and flexibility. Ms. Kim was very stone faced and you couldn’t tell if she was impressed with you or not. You tried to not think about Jinhai sitting outside the room but you could feel the bile in your esophagus and you felt like being sick.

“Before we start the combination could I just go to the washroom?” You asked politely.

“Of course.” She smiled. “I’ll need a moment to prepare my notes anyways.”

You walked quickly out of the room and walked down the hall towards the washrooms. You were stopped by a hand on your wrist.

“No hard feelings?” Jinhai asked.

“Are you serious?” You scoffed. Lowering your voice, “You have ruined my life. After this audition is over don’t ever touch me or talk to me again.” You pulled your arm away forcefully and stomped into the bathroom.

You went over to the sink and splashed some water on your face. Looking in the mirror you tried to give yourself a pep talk. You fixed your leotard and then went back to the studio, avoiding eye contact with Jinhai.

“Alright so both of you start in the middle of the floor, Sarah in front of Jinhai.” Ms. Kim explained. “Jinhai put your hands on Sarah’s hips, and Sarah plea and do a lift.”

Jinhai’s hands gripped your hips and you could feel yourself gagging. Pull yourself together. He lifted you up and held you there, turning around and setting you back in the same place.

The rest of the session you were very quiet, just nodding and smiling softly to Ms. Kim when she gave you directions. Fortunately you and Jinhai didn’t do many lifts after the first ten minutes. Learning the combination was quite easy but each time you looked at Jinhai you seemed to forget all of the steps.

“Alright, I think I have seen enough. Thank you Jinhai.” She nodded to him and he left the studio promptly.

“Now, Sarah, I think you have a lot of talent and I would love for you to join our classes. Jinhai told me that he saw you choreographing a contemporary piece and when you finish it I would like to see it. I think it would be a good addition to the showcase.” She smiled brightly at you, showing her emotions for the first time that afternoon.

“Thank you so much! I will work very hard I promise!” You bowed to her and then went to collect your things. You could see Kai and Chanyeol standing on the other side of the door. You put on a sad face and changed your shoes and put sweat pants over your tights.

As you walked out you looked towards them slowly.

“How as it?” Kai asked, looking nervous for you.

“Well…” You put your head down and looked at your feet.

“There’s always next year.” Chanyeol said optimistically.

“No, not next year,” You looked up. “Because I got in this year!” You jumped up and down and hugged the both of them. “I’m in the class and I get to do the showcase!”

“That’s amazing!” Kai picked you up and spun you around.

“Yea I can’t wait to see it. All of us will be there!” Chanyeol said. He put his arm around your shoulders and took your kit bag for you.

“Where do you want to go eat?” Kai asked, “Its all your choice.”

“Um…I think I want to go to the restaurant Chanyeol took me to on Monday.” You said enthusiastically.

“Okay great!”

“Congratulations, Sarah.” Jinhai said, walking up to the three of you.

“Uh, thanks.” You moved closer into Chanyeol’s side.

“So is this your boyfriend?” He asked, sneering at Chanyeol.

“No, just a friend.” Chanyeol stated, coolly. He could tell that you felt extremely uncomfortable, but Jinhai ignored it.

“So you are doing the contemporary dance in the showcase?” He asked you.

“Yea, Ms. Kim wants me to.” You said shortly.

“Well if you ever need someone to help you with it I’m around a lot.” He winked at you and walked away, saying goodbye to Kai.

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked, when Kai was walking ahead.

“Yea, I’m fine, I just don’t like that guy.” You said. “Lets go have fun.” You hugged Chanyeol and ran up to where Kai was.

* * * * *

Dinner was really great. You all laughed and joked around as you showed Kai your newfound grilling skills that Chanyeol had showed you.

“Well who needs Chanyeol now when Sarah can make us supper?” Kai laughed.

“Wah!” Chanyeol breathed. “That’s not fair!” He whined.

“Yea, don’t speak too soon Kai, because you didn’t see what I did to the meat on Monday night.” You thought about the mess you made. “It was pretty gross.”

“Yea, its okay thought it was just your first time.” Chanyeol smiled, taking the tongs from you.

“So what was up with you and Jinhai?” Kai asked you through a mouthful of lettuce.

“Nothing really.” You stammered.

“You seemed kind of cold to him.”

“I just don’t like him very much.” You said sharply. “I mean, he just isn’t the kind of person I want to be around.”

Kai went quiet and stared down at his plate, but Chanyeol looked over to you with a worried expression. You could tell that he knew something was really wrong, but you didn’t want to tell him that Jinhai was the person that assaulted you. You didn’t want Chanyeol to get in trouble for doing something stupid.

“So, what are the rest of the guys doing tonight?” You asked.

“I think Lay is visiting his girlfriend. Xiumin and Chen are working. I think Tao made Sehun and Suho go to the gym with him. I don’t know what the rest of the guys were doing. Its hard to keep track.” Kai laughed.

“I hear ya,” You agreed, “Hyojin was so shocked yesterday when I told her that I lived with twelve guys.”

“Yea, she seemed kind of scared at dinner.” Chanyeol said while flipping the meat.

“I think she was just overwhelmed. It didn’t help that Baekhyun was being super creepy to her.” You said, half serious half joking.

“Yea I don’t know what was up with him. When we were playing video games later last night he kept mentioning her.  I don’t think he has a chance though because she looked interested in Kris.” Kai said. To be fair, he didn’t know that you might have feelings for Kris, but a look passed between you and Chanyeol as Kai said it.

“Yea, they would be cute together.” You said quickly taking a bite.

The rest of supper passed with easy conversation and you went home feeling full and happy. You had completely forgotten about having to talk to Kris when you got home.


 

Thanks for reading you guys!

I can't even express how much I love hearing your feedback. I am so glad that everyone is enjoying the story. Love you all!!