Changes

Thirteen's a Crowd

You woke up at eleven the next day, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Sehun all dead asleep as you made your way quietly out of the room. You walked down to the kitchen, making coffee for everyone else when they got up and a hot chocolate for yourself.

You busied yourself cleaning up the kitchen a bit as you waited for your drink to cool a bit. You turned around to put a wrapper in the garbage and jumped when you saw Kris in the doorway.

“Good morning.” He said, aloofly, sitting at one of the stools at the breakfast bar.

“Morning…do you want coffee?” You asked, memories of calling his name the night before leaving you unable to make eye contact.

“Yes please.” He said politely. You could feel his eyes on you as you made his coffee. “Sarah,”

“Yea?”

“Look at me.”

You set the mug down and looked at him, feeling ashamed.

You didn’t know what you had to feel ashamed about. Saying his name during a stupid game? Saying it because you wanted to make his girlfriend angry?

Because Chanyeol got angry and said you were leading him on, on purpose?

“Why won’t you talk to me?” Kris asked, reaching for your hand. “After I texted you you’ve been ignoring me.”

“I’m sorry, I said your name last night.” You don’t know why you felt like you had to apologize.

“I was going to say okay.” He said, smiling at you.

“Don’t say that.” You shook your head, stepping back.

“I was.” He said.

“You have a girlfriend.” You said.

“More of a placeholder.” He said.

“That’s an awful thing to say.” You furrowed your brow. “She’s a really nice girl.”

“I know you don’t like her.” He said.

“That’s-that’s not true.” You said, looking at the counter again.

“Why does everything have to be so awkward now? I just want to talk to you.” He said.

“We can’t talk like normal people.” You said.

“I need to talk to you about it. Why did you ignore my texts?”

“I didn’t see your texts Kris.” You said awkwardly.

“What do you mean?”

“I didn’t get your texts because Chanyeol saw them and deleted them.” You explained.

Kris stood up, his face turning dark.

“Kris.” You said, making a move to walk around the island.

He turned quickly, running up the stairs.

“What are you doing?” You asked, voice hitching as you ran after him. “Kris, everyone’s sleeping!”

You made it to the top of the stairs in time to see Kris barge into the room where Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Sehun were sleeping.

“What the did you do?” He yelled in English. “I can’t believe you deleted my messages to her! And she still isn’t mad at you? What the hell have you been feeding her?” Chanyeol was standing up now and Kyungsoo and Sehun were sitting up in bed, staring at Kris with their mouths wide open.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Chanyeol said, “I deleted those messages because we were going through something way bigger than your love for her and I didn’t want her to be more upset about what was going on. She didn’t need any of your extra baggage.”

“Something bigger?” Kris asked snarkily, “How ing stupid are you? You’re just jealous because you’re worried she would leave you for me.”

“Kris.” You said, stepping into the room. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Stop defending him Sarah.” He snapped at you.

“Defending him?” You asked.

“Sarah,” Chanyeol said, “It’s fine. Let him say what he wants.”

“It’s fine.” Kris mimicked. “This is ridiculous. You were her second choice.” He said to Chanyeol. “The first time we all went out she pulled me into bed with her to sleep with her.”

“Yea, sleep.” Chanyeol said, none of this fazing him.

Kai came into the room quietly, standing beside you with his arm around you.  

“It doesn’t bother you that your fiancé wanted me first?” Kris asked harshly.

“She might have had a crush on you in the beginning but she chose me.” Chanyeol said, “Kris, this isn’t a competition. You’re making a big deal out of nothing.”

“Whatever.” Kris said, stepping closer to Chanyeol. “You had to ask her to marry you so that you knew she couldn’t leave you.”

“Kris.”

You turned around to see Hyojin standing in the doorway, tears in her eyes.

“What?” he shouted. He turned around to see Hyojin. “I’m sorry.” He said to her, taking a step towards her.

“Don’t talk to me.” She said.

Everyone was quiet until you heard the door to the other guest room close.

“What the , Kris?” Sehun asked, standing up now.

The tension in the room was high.

You stood against the wall beside the door, Sehun was beside the bed, and Kyungsoo was still in it. Chanyeol and Kris were in the middle of the room, standing two feet from one another.

“Stay out of this Sehun.” Kris said, glancing at him before focusing back on Chanyeol, “Just admit that you are keeping her from me.”

“If she wanted to be with you she would be. You’ve made it pretty clear that you’re standing there with open arms waiting for her.” Chanyeol said.

“You know, I feel bad for her.” Kris said, inching even closer to Chanyeol, who was standing his ground.

“Why is that?”

“If she does go through with it and says yes to marrying you she has to spend the rest of her life stuck with you and your offspring.”

Kai’s hand squeezed your shoulder in comfort. You looked up at him and he smiled at you reassuringly.

“You’re nothing Kris.” Chanyeol said, starting to walk past him to you. “Just get out of my house and leave me and my fiancé alone.”

As Chanyeol stepped around him Kris’s hand came up and connected with Chanyeol’s stomach.

Chanyeol paused for a moment before swinging to hit Kris in the face.

You stepped forward as Kris moved to hit Chanyeol, Kris’s hand connecting with your face.

“Sarah!” He said frantically, practically lunging forward to grab you. “Sarah, I’m so sorry!” His hand lightly touched where the red mark was now forming.

You’re eyes watered from the impact.

“Don’t ing touch her.” Chanyeol shouted, pushing him away from you.

“Kris, get out.” Kai stepped forward, in between you and Kris. “I can’t believe you.”

“What are you doing, Kris?” You asked quietly. “This is ridiculous. Be mad all you want and love me all you want but I don’t do this to me. This isn’t fair. It’s not fair to me and it’s not fair to your girlfriend.”

“I just need you to tell me one thing before I leave.” He said, finally turning away from Chanyeol and facing you.

You waited for him to speak again.

“Why aren’t you mad at him?” Kris asked.

“Because he did it to help me.” You said.

“Help you with what?”

“There was a lot of stuff going on.” You said simply.

“Like what?” Kris said, “This isn’t the time to be vague. I just need answers. Then I can move on from this.”

“I’m not mad at him, because I love Chanyeol and he only did it because that day I found out that I couldn’t have children and I didn’t need anything else to be upset or stressed about.”

Kris’s face fell, and you could hear Kyungsoo and Sehun gasping.

“Sarah,” He took another step towards you.

“I think you should go talk to Hyojin…then you should leave.” Kai said, staring at him angrily.

As he walked through the door he paused for a moment to look back at you, like he was going to say something, but Sehun stepped forward and shut the door in his face.

You all stood in the bedroom for a few minutes. Everyone quiet. Then Kyungsoo got up out of bed and walked over to you, hugging you.

“Thanks, Kyungsoo.” You said.

You hugged him back, resting your head on his shoulder. You could feel another set of arms wrap around you, then another, and another. You were cocooned in the middle of a loving hug.

“I’m so sorry, Sarah.” Sehun said, “Why didn’t you tell us? We would have tried to make you happy.”

“I know.” You said, sniffing, feeling real tears starting to come. “I just didn’t know how to sit everyone down and tell them…I didn’t think that it was something you wanted to know.”

“Of course we want to know.” Kyungsoo said, “We are always there for you guys. You and Chanyeol are our family and we want to do anythingwe can to help you guys. I know that you would do that for us.”

You all broke away from the hug and you smiled at everyone, wiping your eyes.

“Thanks guys. I love you.”

“So what are we going to do tonight now?” Sehun said. “…Sorry to bring that up, but it’s New Years, weren’t we going to do something fun?”

“We’ll see how today goes.” Chanyeol said, wrapping his arm around you. “Maybe we’ll all just have a movie night.”

“After Kris and Hyojin leave we’ll call everyone at Baekhyun’s house to come over.” You suggested. “I should probably tell them all what’s going on.”

“We will tell them.” Chanyeol said, nodding.

“I’m going to go have a shower.” You said, grabbing Chanyeol’s hand, “Will you go to your room with me? I don’t want to run into them in the hallway.”

“Of course.” He said, “while you’re showering I’m going to put my bedding in the wash.”

“Good news.” You said, turning to Kai. “You get your own room tonight!”

“Honestly, sleeping in between you and Chanyeol would have been less awkward than sleeping with Kris.” He admitted.

You left the spare room after a few more minutes of talking, and listening at the door.

“Are you going to shower too?” You asked Chanyeol.

“Yea, I’ll be in once I put this stuff in the wash.” He kissed your forehead before pushing you into the bathroom.

You got undressed and turned the water on, making it extra hot before getting in. The fog on the glass was so thick when you got in that you couldn’t see out.

You washed your hair and body before sitting down on the floor, letting the water run over you. It was soothing and, surprisingly, you weren’t feeling very sad about what happened. If that is how Kris felt than that was his problem.

“Sarah?” Chanyeol asked as he opened the door. “You in here?”

“Yea, just sitting down.” You answered.

“Wow it’s like a sauna in here.” He said.

You listened as he brushed his teeth then you felt a cool breeze as he opened the door to the shower.

“Why are you sitting?” He asked, shutting the door behind him, “Are you alright?” He sat down facing you, his hair coming down his face from the water.

“I’m actually not sad about Kris.” You said, shrugging. I’m just drained. I’m so tired from that fight. It’s going to be nice to have a normal night tonight with everyone we love together.”

“Yes it will be.” He extended his arms towards you. “Come here, baby.”

You moved forward, curling up in his arms.

“Thank you.” You said.

“For what?”

“For not treating me like an object.” You said, “For treating me like a person who can make my own decisions.”

“You are.” He said, “You are the strongest person I know and if anything, just like I said to Kris, you chose me.” He kissed the top of your head, “You aren’t going to do anything you don’t want to do.”

“Yea.” You looked up at him and kissed his lips. “I love you.”

“I love you most.” 

* * * * *

Everyone sat in the living room, waiting for you and Chanyeol to talk.

“Where’s Kris?” Suho asked.

“He left, with Hyojin.” You said.

“Well, probably not together.” Chanyeol said.

“Today there was an altercation between Chan and Kris.” You said, being as vague as possible.

“Because Kris is in love with you?” Tao asked.

“Figures.” Xiumin huffed, “Can’t just keep it to himself.”

“Yea…” You took a deep breath. “I don’t really know what’s going to happen when we all get back to school but I can guarantee that Hyojin isn’t moving in anymore.” You said.

“But, that’s not really what we wanted to talk to you about.” Chanyeol said, looking at you before continuing. “We have something to tell you guys, it came out this morning and we want you all to know.” He took a deep breath, “Do you want to tell them, or me to?”

“I can.” You nodded, “So when Chanyeol was in the hospital I got really worried because I thought that I was pregnant.”

You looked around the room, seeing some of the guys’ faces lighting up.

“You’re pregnant?” Chen smiled. Sehun elbowed him in the ribs.

“Uh, no.” You shook your head. “I went and had a pregnancy test and the doctors found some abnormalities…and…it turns out that I can’t have kids.”

“That’s just not fair.” Suho exclaimed. “You would be an amazing mother.”

Chanyeol kissed your temple, lingering for a moment.

“I know she would be.” He agreed, nodding his head.

“Are you guys going to adopt?” Luhan asked.

“Well not right now.” You said pointedly.

“But someday?” Chen asked hopefully.

“Someday.” You smiled.

Sehun walked over and hugged you again.

You hugged him for a minute before pushing him away.

“Okay guys, this is the end of acting weird.” You said, making a point to look at everyone. “You hear me?”

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“Good.” You stood up, “Who’s going to help me make food?” 


Wow that was heavy aha

Thanks for reading guys <3 I love having all of your support!

Comment and upvote !!