Dance So Good

Thirteen's a Crowd

“I can’t believe you beat me again!” Chanyeol threw his hands in the air again. “I give up!”

“Does that mean I get to keep the hat?” You pouted.

“Yea…” He mumbled, playing defeated.

“Awh yea! I beat you! I beat you!” You danced around him, waving the hat and making faces.

“You’re a sore winner.” He laughed.

“Well you’re a sore loser!” You stuck your tongue out at him and turned around smacking your .

“Hey now!” He got up and ran towards you, chasing you into the kitchen and around the table.

He reached you as you slipped on the floor and threw you over his shoulder. Chanyeol ran up the stairs laughing with you as he made it up to your room and threw you on your bed.

You both lay next to one another laughing and trying to tickle each other.

“Just cause I’m ticklish doesn’t change that you lost!” You laughed as he poked your sides.

“Oh, but it does mean that I can get my hat back!” He grabbed it from your head as you moved your hands to defend your sides and stood up triumphantly.

“You said I could have it cause I’m the champion.” You pretended to be sad, but Chanyeol wasn’t falling for it.

“Well I was blinded by sadness when I said that. I didn’t mean it.” He giggled and patted the hat on his head.

You stood up, still pouting and walked up to him so you were almost chest to chest.

“Can I have a hug?” You asked.

“Uh, okay.” He was starting to soften up.

You leaned in to hug him and kissed his cheek quickly, taking the hat, as he was cause off guard.

“Now it’s mine,” You smiled widely, putting it in your closet so he couldn’t get it. “I’m going to go to bed now Chanyeol-oppa. I’ll see you tomorrow!” You took his hand and lead him out of your room, shutting the door on him.

She kissed my cheek! He cheered in his head, walking down to his room.

* * * * *

The next day you woke up at ten for your class that started at twelve. You were starting to feel a lot better. Last night was the first night you had slept by yourself and after putting a movie on you went to sleep quite easily. You didn’t wake up in the middle of the night, and you couldn’t remember the dream you had, if you had one at all.

You showered quickly and blow-dried your hair. You walked past Kris room and suddenly remembered the dream you had about him. You blushed at the thought of him telling you that he loved you.

You knocked on his door hesitantly to see if he was ready to leave for class.

“Come in,” You heard a muffled voice. You opened the door slowly and stepped into his room. You had never been in Kris’ room before. He always sat in the living room to hang out with everyone, or he went to your room.

Kris’ room was the mirror image of yours, but it was painted a dark mauve, with one wall painted black. His king-sized bed was pushed into one corner and there was a sitting area set up in the rest of the room, surrounding a television.

“Wow, your room is great.” You stated, looking around at the posters and pictures.

“Thanks, it’s just a good place to relax.” He smiled.

 “Are you ready to go now?” You asked.

“I’ll just be a few more minutes, you can sit down.” He motioned to the couch beside you and your breath caught.

You walked over slowly and sat at the end of the sofa. You continued to scan the room, your dream in the forefront of your mind. It was like you could feel his hand around yours and hear him talking to you like you were dreaming all over again.

“Are you alright?” He asked you, breaking you from your thoughts.

“Uh,” You stared at him wide eyed. “Yea, I’m fine. Just thinking.” You smiled lightly.

“About what?” He glanced at you, but didn’t stop writing.

“Nothing in particular.” Your laugh was hollow and awkward, but he didn’t question you.

“Sorry this is taking so long, I just needed to write out a note for my professor.” He apologized.

“No problem, we still have time, its only 11:30.” You said, looking at your phone.

* * * * *

You walked to school with Kris but you didn’t talk much. You didn’t know what to say to him anymore. You hadn’t really seen him since your dream and you were still caught off guard by it.

“Sarah?” He asked, “You seem to have a lot on your mind.”

“Uh, yea I guess I do.” You tried to think of an excuse quickly. “It is probably just midterms and everything. My classes are really starting to stress me out.”

“I hear ya, I can’t wait for Halloween break!” He laughed.

“Just two more weeks!” You smiled happily.

“How many midterms do you have?” He asked.

“Two, what about you?”

“Four.” He inhaled deeply. “I am in way over my head.”

Kris was majoring in business, so most of his courses were math related. He spent a lot of time studying during the week and rarely came out of his room except for when he was relaxing on weekends. 

“You’ll do great! You study so hard there’s no way you will fail them.”

“Thanks.” You both walked for a while longer. “So what’s in the kit bag?”

“My dance clothes. Kai has some studio space signed out for four o’clock and he said that I could join him if I wanted to dance.”

“You dance?” Kris looked confused.

“Well I used to, I haven’t in a few years, but I figure it would be good for me to have a hobby instead of just doing school work all of the time.” You patted the bag and laughed. “It is probably going to be really embarrassing.”

“Naw,” Kris laughed. “Even if it is, Kai won’t say anything about it.”

“Thank god!”

* * * * *

The class you were in was Medieval Literature, and you had been studying Beowulf up until the midterm. Your class seemed much longer than usual as you did exam prep, reviewing all of the notes and going over possible essay questions.

The teacher ended off the class with a long speech about how if you study for the midterm you will ace it, and all of the other things teachers have to say. When he finally finished and dismissed you, you ran out of the class quickly, going to find the dance building.

It was a good think you had an hour in between your class and the studio session because you hadn’t realized how far away the building was from yours. After a twenty-minute walk across campus and a ten-minute argument with the woman at the front desk she let you into the change rooms.

You looked at yourself in the mirror with your dance clothing on and shrugged. You were wearing black leggings and a pink sports bra with a baggy shirt over it.

Good enough. You thought.

You put your hair up in a bun and walked towards the hallway with the studios in it and started to peak into the doorways to see if Kai was in any of them. 

“Hey!” Kai shouted behind you.

“Oh!” You squeaked. “There you are!”

“Here I am! We are in studio five.” He led you down the hallway and into a large studio. It was beautiful, with polished hardwood floors, a full wall length mirror and a ballet bar.

“Wow.” You sighed. “This is great! I don’t think I have ever danced in a studio this nice.”

“Yea, we were really fortunate to have them redone last year.” He set his bag down in the corner and walked over to the speakers. “Want to do a warm up?”

“Sure, you can lead it.” You went into the middle of the room and waited for him to pick a song to start.

He started to play Super Junior’s “Sorry Sorry” and walked over to stand in front of you. The warm-up started off easily, just getting your bodies moving and then you started to stretch. You found that you weren’t as far behind as you thought you were going to be, you hadn’t lost much of your flexibility so you felt a lot better about beginning some other exercises.

You both sat in straddle working out your thigh muscles and talking.

“It is really great to be doing this again.” You said, resting on your elbows.

“Yea, its nice to be in here with someone else, I rarely train with anyone.” Kai replied.

“Do you have a lot of friends in the program?”

“Not really. A lot of the girls just stare at me a lot like I’m weird, and the guys just prefer to work alone.”

“The girls aren’t staring at you because you’re weird.” You laughed.

“Huh?” He seemed confused.

“They are staring at you because you’re hot!” You motioned towards his arm muscles glistening with sweat and his defined abs. “They are just nervous to talk to you.”

“No! They wouldn’t be like that.” He blushed.

“I’m a girl, Kai. I know what they’re like.” You swung your legs around and stood up, walking towards your bag.

“What are you doing?” He asked, getting up as well.

“I’m gonna put my pointe shoes on and see if I can still stand in them.” You laughed. “Don’t laugh if I fall on my .” You warned.

“I won’t.” He swore, hand on his heart.  

You tied up your shoes and walked over to the ballet bar. After stretching your ankles out you finally rolled up onto your toes. You felt a hard pressure, but it wasn’t too painful. It was very familiar. You moved up and down and did some exercises.

Kai just watched you as you worked at the bar.

Finally you walked into the middle of the room, motioning for him to move back from you. You prepared yourself and then started to turn, first one pirouette, then two, and then you started to do fouette turns. It was like you never stopped dancing. You kept turning feeling your speed increasing as you pressed into the ground.

You stopped and faced the mirror, staring at your posture and turn out.

“That was awesome!” Kai shouted, jumping up and down.

“Uh, thanks! I’m still a bit rusty, but it’s so good to be back into it.” You smiled, letting the pleasure of dancing fill you up.

“You should take my ballet class with me.” He stated. “I’m sure if the teacher saw you she would let you in.” He smiled.

“I don’t know if that would be fair. I don’t think any of the other students would like that.”

“Well of course the girls wouldn’t like it. But the guys would love it!” He exclaimed.

You hit his arm, “Kai! That’s so creepy!”

“No! I mean they will be excited to have a good partner!” He defended himself, “A good DANCE partner.”

“Sure you did.” You laughed. You moved to the side of the room and started to piqué across to the other side.

Once you made it into the middle of the room Kai put his hands on your waist and you continued to pirouette as he turned you. You stopped, facing the front, and brought your leg around in attitude to wrap around his back. He turned you around and once you were back at the front you leant over in an arabesque penche.

You lifted yourself up and stood beside Kai.

“We make really good partners.” You smiled, resting your arm on his shoulder. “You make me feel really secure.”

“When we are dancing?”

“All the time.” 


The song for this chapter is Dance So Good by Wakey Wakey!

Thanks for reading guys! Please comment and subcribe and upvote!