Planning

Thirteen's a Crowd

When Chanyeol got home you were upstairs sitting on the window seat editing music for a dance you were planning on choreographing. You had been mulling over all of Jackson’s accusations since Jima left and you were exhausted from listening to yourself.

You were sporting the ultimate “I hate everything” fashion, with your hair in a ponytail, your glasses on and a Totoro onsie. You had your big headphones on, hunched over your laptop, working away furiously.

You thought you saw a movement out of your peripheral, and when you looked up you could see Chanyeol talking to you. He had no idea you couldn’t hear him.

You paused the music and pulled your headphones down so they were around your neck.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you.” You said, moving your laptop away from you.

“I said, I got a lot of work done while Baekhyun and I were out and that you look really cozy.”

“Thanks,” You pulled your hood up to show Totoro’s face. “I just needed to be cozy tonight.” You smiled, wrinkling your nose at him.

“Well I think it’s very cute, and it’s cold in here so that’s for the best.” He walked over and knelt down beside you, pulling you in to a hug.

“What’s this for?” You laughed, wrapping your arms around his neck.

“I just love you so much.” He mumbled.

You pulled away a bit so you could look at his face and your heart burst. You couldn’t believe that you had been worried about your relationship.  You were never going to find someone else that was like Chanyeol.

You kissed him, pulling him close to you and running your hands through his hair. Chanyeol your lower lip and you opened your mouth for him, leaning into the kiss.

He pulled away for a moment to breath. “Are you starting something?” He asked breathily, kissing your neck.

You shivered under his touch, but shook your head. “No actually, I have to finish editing this song.” You said regretfully.

He pulled away, faking a look of offence. “I can’t believe you could leave me hanging like that.” He gasped.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.” You kissed his cheek. “I just have to have this done soon, but I love you too.” You kissed his lips quickly.  

“I forgive you.” He sighed. “Is it going to bother you if I put a movie on in here?” He asked, starting to get changed.

“No, that’s okay.” You smiled, putting your headphones back on.

You continued to edit your music as Chanyeol lay in bed watching Netflix. Occasionally you would catch him staring at you and you would blow him a kiss or make a face at him, flirting.

Chanyeol was curled up in bed with sweatpants and a sweater on and he was still shivering.

“Why are you so cold?” You asked, setting your computer aside.

“I think the heat isn’t working.” He said. “You just can’t tell because you’re wearing a cat.” He laughed.

As if on cue Kai walked into the room. “The heat isn’t working.” He said.

“I got that, thanks.” Chanyeol said, teeth chattering. “What do we do about it?”

“No idea.” Kai said. “Deal with it tomorrow I guess.”

Then the power went out.

“!” Kai yelled. “I’m on it.” You couldn’t see him but you could hear him shut the door and his feet on the stairs.

“I really have no idea how you aren’t cold.” Chanyeol said.

You saved the file on your computer and put your headphones away. You walked over to the bed and got in beside him. “I’m just a walking furnace.” Chanyeol pulled the hood up on the onsie.

“You are just so cute.” He rubbing his nose on yours, giving you an Eskimo kiss.

“Chanyeol, you can’t even see me right now.” You laughed. The room was pitch black, and you had to feel around to find his face.

“I don’t have to see you to know you’re cute.” He laughed, “Where did you get that onsie anyways?”

“I got it as a gift.” You said simply.

“From?”

“…Jackson.”

Chanyeol sighed. “That’s nice of him.” He said.

“Don’t hurt yourself trying to be nice.” You laughed.

“I won’t.” Chanyeol pulled you closer so that you guys were stomach to stomach and kissed you. “You know I’m still really cold.” He pulled the zipper down on your onsie, and pulled it off your shoulders before taking off his sweater.

“If you’re so cold, why are you getting undressed?”

“Because its easier to be warm when its just pure body heat.” He kissed you again, dragging his lips down your neck to kiss your collarbone, his hands pulling down your pajamas so you were left in only your tank top and underwear.

“Really?” You asked, pulling his t-shirt off him.

“And I can’t kiss you while you are wearing something from Jackson.” He laughed and you hit his chest. His hands slipped up your tank top and you shivered at how cold his hands were.

He pulled your shirt off and pulled you against him again, wrapping his leg around yours.

“See, isn’t this nice?” He hummed.

“The nicest.” You took his hands and breathed warm air onto them then kissed both of them. Chanyeol ran his hands up and down your back like he was drawing pictures on it.

“Guess what I’m drawing.” He insisted.

“Okay.” You closed your eyes and rested your head on Chanyeol’s chest.

He started to draw and you scrunched your face up in concentration.

“Is it a picture or are you writing something?”

“Writing something.”

“You…are…the…love…of…my…life.” You said out loud as his spelt it. You could feel your face heating up and you kissed his chest.

“I mean it.” He whispered. “I’ve never felt like this with anyone before. You’re always on my mind.” He kissed the top of your head.

“And you’re always on mine.” You smiled. “I wish we got more time like this.” You mumbled.

“Well we could.” He said, “What if we moved into our own apartment?”

“That would be nice,” You started daydreaming about what it would be like to live by yourself with Chanyeol. You had never spent a night with him where there wasn’t anyone else in the house, where you guys could do whatever you wanted, wherever.

“Let’s start looking.” He said, he pulled away a little, and you could make out the outline of his face in the dark.

“Chanyeol, that’s ridiculous.” You stated. “I don’t have a job, and you can’t afford one by yourself.”

“My parents-”

You cut him off. “I’m not letting your parents help us with something like that.”

“We could make it work.” He insisted.

“And besides,” You started to add, “What about all the guys? You wouldn’t get to see them as much and hang out all the time.”

“It would be fine.”

“You would hate that.” You said flatly. “I know you would.”

“I would not. I just want us to have our own place and be able to be alone.”

“Well, lets just think about it for a while, I know you would miss everyone a lot, and so would I.”

“Yea, lets think about it.” He hugged you before pulling away once again, “But in the meantime, next weekend make sure you don’t have any dance classes on Saturday and we are going to have a whole date weekend.”

“A date weekend?” You asked.

“Yea, I’m going to get us a hotel downtown and we can do whatever we want the whole weekend.”

“You don’t have to do that.” You retorted.

“Nonsense, I want to do it.” He said. “I would do anything for the love of my life.”


Hey guys! It's so great to be back and writing after so long. Sorry this one is kind of short, I'm still getting into the groove of everything, but I am starting the next chapter right after this one goes up so it wont be long!