Truth or Dare

Thirteen's a Crowd

After everyone had settled themselves in you all reconvened in Chanyeol’s basement, waiting for the pizza you ordered to get there.

Everyone was chatting amongst themselves, you were talking to Luhan and Chen, laughing at their ridiculous stories, Chanyeol was talking with Kai over on the sofa and Kris was talking with Lay in Mandarin. Hyojin sat beside him, not talking to anyone, just staring awkwardly at her hands.

“So whats going on with her?” Chen whispered to you.

“I have no idea.”

“Aren’t you guys friends?” He asked.

“We used to be…” You sighed, “I really don’t know. I tried to be nice to her and she was really rude to me.”

“Well of course she was.” Luhan scoffed towards her.

“What do you mean?” You asked, glancing at her as well.

“Kris loves you and she’s mad.” He stated and Chen’s eyes widened at him.

“No he doesn’t.” You said, brain reeling.

“Yea, that series of messages he sent to you pretty much spelt that out.” He said. “I wasn’t supposed to see, but he left his phone on the counter and it was on. I saw that it was to you and I couldn’t help but read it.” His face flushed a bit.

“I didn’t get those.” You said.

“Well they all said delivered.” Luhan shrugged.

“What did they say?” You asked after a moment of awkward silence.

“Something about how he is waiting for you, and that there was still time for you to be with him.”

Your stomach dropped, you glanced at Kris, then at Chanyeol, both oblivious to the news you just heard.

“Are you okay?” Chen asked as your face darkened.

“Yea, I’m fine.” You said, standing up. You walked over to Chanyeol, not wanting anyone else to know that something was wrong and grabbed his hand. “Babe, can you come upstairs with me for a second?”

“Yea, for sure.” He hopped up, wrapping his arm around your shoulder as you walked up the stairs.

“Let’s go to your room.” You suggested, not really giving him time to object.

Chanyeol kept his arm around you as you walked up the next flight of stairs. When you got to his room he walked in further as you closed the door.

“So just couldn’t wait could you.” He cooed. His face dropped when he turned around and saw the look on your face though. “What is it?”

“Please tell me that you didn’t delete messages that Kris sent me.” You said, trying not to raise your voice.

“What? No!” His eyes were scrunched up and he was looking at you like you had hit him. “Why would you ask me that?”

“Don’t you dare lie to me Chanyeol! I know that you deleted texts that Kris sent to me.” You insisted.

“Can you blame me?” he burst out. “It’s ridiculous! He knows that you are MY fiancé and he still has the nerve to text you in the middle of the night saying that he loves you! For sakes Sarah snap out of it, I’m beginning to think you like him pining after you!”

You turned around, grabbing your hair in frustration.

“You know Chanyeol, I never noticed that Kris likes me because I’ve been too preoccupied loving you.” You said snarkily. “I can’t believe that you think I want him to be falling over himself for me.”

“There’s no way you could have not known he has feelings for you!” Chanyeol said, walking up behind you. He was in your face now, not letting you back away.

“I know that he liked me when I first moved in and I made a conscious decision that I wanted to be with you!” You half screamed. “You’re such a baby! You should have just left the messages and I would have dealt with it by myself.” You took a deep breath. “When did this even happen?”

“When I was in the hospital.” He said calmly. He moved away from you and took a seat on the bed. “It was the same night you told me that you couldn’t have children…I just didn’t want you to be any more upset.”

“Well I am. I am so ing upset.” You said through your teeth. “I don’t know what I’m going to do.”

Chanyeol stood up, worried, “What? What do you mean? What you’re going to do?” He walked towards you; hugging you, “Don’t leave me Sarah, I’m sorry. Please don’t leave me for Kris.”

“What?” You pushed him away. “What are you talking about? No. I’m not leaving you for Kris.” He sighed, relieved, “But you aren’t out of the clear either. I’m still mad at you, I can’t believe you would do that.” You looked at Chanyeol in the eye, ashamed of him.

“What’s going to happen the rest of the night?” He asked.

“I just need some time alone.” You said, sitting on the bed, exhausted. “I don’t care what your parents think. I’m not staying in the same room as Hyojin, so Kris can stay there. I’m sure you don’t want to sleep in the same room as him either.” You spoke softly, staring at the floor.

“So you will sleep with me tonight?” He asked, hopefully.

“I’ll see.” You said. “Just go back downstairs, I’ll be down in a while.”

He stood beside the door for a little while watching you stare at the floor.

“I still love you, Chan.” You said quietly. “I will always love you.” You looked up at him, “It will never be anyone but you, but I just need some time to think, alone.”

“I love you too.” He said, before slipping out of the room.

Now you had to think about what to tell Kris, and when to tell him whatever it was. You were really mad that Chanyeol had lied to you, but at the same time would you have been able to handle the stress of it at that time? Probably not, so you were also a bit thankful.

You decided you were going to wait until after New Years to talk to Kris, because you didn’t want to ruin everyone else’s fun, or your own.

After about twenty minutes you made your way back downstairs. You didn’t have to talk to Kris but you could make it very clear that you weren’t interested. You walked back down to the basement to see everyone eating pizza and drinking. You took the shot that Kai gave you, and you went back to sit with Luhan and Chen.

“What did you say to Chanyeol?” Chen asked.

“Yea, he’s looking a little wounded.” Luhan said, sadly.

“I’m not mad at him.” You said, “I was just upstairs trying to figure out how to deal with Kris.”

“Fair enough.”  Luhan nodded, “Another shot?” He offered you a shot glass.

“Of course!” You laughed, doing the shot and then taking a piece of pizza.

You ate and laughed, talking to the guys and sitting on the floor. After a while of seeing Chanyeol talking quietly with Kai, looking kind of melancholy you decided to go talk to him.

You walked over to him tipsily, falling into his lap.

“Hi guys!” You said, smiling widely.

“Hey!” Kai high fived you and you pulled him into a hug then turned to Chanyeol and hugged him. “I love you guys!”

“We love you too.” Chanyeol laughed, hugging you back.

“I’m gonna go get another drink.” Kai said, leaving the two of you on the couch.

“You aren’t mad at me?” He asked hopefully.

“Not right now.” You smiled, kissing his cheek.

“Good, I can’t have a good time if you’re mad at me.”

“I can’t either.” You said.

“So does that mean you’re sleeping with me tonight?” He asked.

“No…” You said regretfully. “I know what I said earlier but I think I can spend a couple nights with Hyojin. It won’t be that bad.”

“Are you sure?” He asked, pouting. “I don’t want to be with Kris either.”

“I know baby, but it’s just cause your parents.”

“We weren’t that respectful.” He reminded you, raising his eyebrows.

“I know.” You said plain faced. “And I want your mother to still like me so we are going to follow the rules she asked me to follow.” You smiled like a know-it-all.

“Yea, you’re right.”

“I know.”

“Hey lovers! Get off each other and come do some shots!” Tao yelled at the both of you.

You kissed Chanyeol before pulling him up off the couch to sit in the circle with everyone else. Tao wiggled his way in between the two of you as he handed you each a drink.

“I love you guys.” He said to everyone, holding his shot up.

Everyone else held their drinks up too and you all cheers-ed together.

“Guys, truth or dare!” Sehun yelled.

“Yes!” Everyone yelled, refilling drinks and getting sorted for the game. You moved back to sit beside Chanyeol, your arm resting on his thigh.

“Okay, Sehun you start.” You said. “Truth or dare.”

“Dare.” He scoffed.

“Kiss Xiumin.” You said blank faced.

“What? No way!” He scrunched his face up in disgust.

“You wanted a dare.” You said.

Sehun turned towards Xiumin slowly, who was giving him a death glare. He leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek.

“Good enough?” He asked you, while wiping his mouth.

“Yea…for now.” You smiled slyly.

You made your way around the circle several times, and you knew that you weren’t going to be able to get up in the morning.

It was Chanyeol’s turn, and he smiled widely as he waited for someone to challenge him.

“Truth or dare?” Chen asked.

“Dare.” Chanyeol winked.

“I dare you to let someone have with Sarah.” Chen said, letting it sink in. “Sarah’s choice.”

“Chen that’s not okay.” Kyungsoo said, “That isn’t really a dare for Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol looked at you as if he was asking if it was okay.

You leaned over to him, “Nothing’s going to happen, trust me.” You kissed his cheek quickly as you leaned forward, scanning the group of guys.

You first planned on picking Kai. A safe choice, you knew he wouldn’t touch you, but as you looked around you spotted Hyojin, looking miserable and in your drunken state you were feeling rather hateful.

You hoped that Chanyeol trusted you because if not, what you were about to do would cause a really big fight tomorrow, or maybe he would take his anger out in a different way.

You looked over at Chanyeol again, winking at him.

“I pick Kris.” You said, smiling sweetly at him.

Kris’s eyes widened, along with every other pair of eyes in the room, and Hyojin was staring at him, eyes boring holes into his skull. He stared at you and Hyojin stared at him and Chanyeol started at you, his eyes flashing with anger.

Time seemed to go by so slowly.

Everyone was just staring at one another and Kris started to say something, then you knew it was a mistake, even though your drunkenness you knew that it was truly horrible.

You cut him off.

“I’m just kidding! Kai!” You shouted, leaning over and hugging your best friend.

Chanyeol calmed instantly and everyone laughed.

“Let’s get going then!” Kai laughed, scooping you up and carrying you through the circle of people and up the stairs.

You laughed wildly hitting his back and smacking his .

“Bye everyone! I love you Chanyeol baby!” You waved to everyone before the door shut behind you.

Kai carried you up to the room he was staying in and closed the door, throwing you down on his bed.

* * * * *

- Chanyeol’s POV –

I almost had a heart attack when she said Kris’s name. She said for me to trust her but I didn’t know what she was getting at anymore. Instantly it was like I was 100% sober again.

“I’m just kidding! Kai!” I exhaled deeply as she hugged Kai, the atmosphere returning to normal.

He carried her out, both of them laughing and being stupid, I laughed along smiling at her and blowing her a kiss as she told me she loved me.

“So you think they’re actually going to do it?” Tao asked everyone.

“Not a chance.” Baekhyun slurred, “She knows how much I want to her. If she was going to actually do it with anyone it would be me!”

I hit his arm, shaking my head at him.

“Let’s just keep drinking!” I said happily, pouring more shots.

We were all laughing, waiting for Kai and Sarah to come back down, when I noticed Kris looking at me. I looked away, trying to ignore it.

Another hour passed, and I checked my phone to see if Sarah messaged me but she was still upstairs with Kai.

The door to the basement opened and Kai appeared.

“Where’s Sarah?” I asked.

“She fell asleep.” He said, sitting next to me.

“In your room?”

“Yea,” He said, “She kept saying your name in her sleep.”

“Stay in my room tonight.” I said, getting up.

* * * * *

You woke up when you felt the bed shifting.

“Kai? Sorry…I’ll get up.” You whispered, worried your would wake Kyungsoo and Sehun up as well.

“Everyone’s still down stairs.” You heard Chanyeol say quietly. “I’m going to stay in here and Kai is going to sleep with Kris in my room.”

“Okay.” You nodded, shutting your eyes again. You could feel his chest against your back as you fell asleep again. 


Thanks for reading guys <3

I don't think I'll have another update up until the 8th or 9th when i fly back home, because I'm busy studying for exams.

Comment and upvote! <3