The Truth Comes Out

Thirteen's a Crowd

You decided on your way to Chanyeol’s hospital room that you didn’t have time to deal with whatever was wrong with Kris. You had problems of your own.

You set your stuff down quietly and got your computer and everything set up on the bedside table before waking Chanyeol up gently. You took his hand, rubbing circles with your thumb and leaned closer to him.

“Chanyeol…baby, I’m here now.” You went to kiss his cheek and you were surprised when Chanyeol turned his head to kiss you on the lips. “You were up this whole time,” You said, squinting your eyes at him.

He smiled slyly, “Maybe.” He kissed you again, lingering this time. “I just missed you so much.”

You kissed him this time, your heart fluttering as my smiled into it.

“I missed you too.” You said, “I’m sorry.” You kicked your shoes off and crawled onto the bed, lying on your stomach, your chin resting on Chanyeol’s chest, looking up at him.

“Sorry about what?”

“Just the way I’ve been acting the last couple days.” You said, looking around the room to avoid eye contact. “I just feel bad because you just wanted me around and I have been distant.”

“It’s okay.” He folded his arms over your back. “I’ve kind of been smothering you.”

“No, you know I realized something when I was back at the house.”

“What was that?” He kissed your forehead cutely.

“That we were only a part for a couple hours and I missed you.” You played with the edge of the blanket. “I don’t think I’ll ever stop missing you.” You felt a lump in your throat as you whispered the last part.

The only light in the room was from your computer screen and the dim hue of the streetlights outside the window.

“I feel like I miss you even when we’re together.” He kissed the top of your head. “What I feel is so much more than love.”

You rested your forehead on Chanyeol’s chest. You loved him so much it hurt and after pushing down all of your feelings for the last three days you just needed a good cry.

You sniffed and took a deep breath.

“Hey, hey, what’s wrong?” Chanyeol pulled your face up to look at him.

“I-I just feel really overwhelmed right now.” You sighed, deciding to just tell him your horrible news. “I’m gonna get changed.” You got off the bed, trying to calm yourself down before telling him.

You wiped your face with your sweater and then discarded it on the chair, and then took your pants off throwing them with the sweater. You closed the laptop and turned around to get in bed. Chanyeol held the blankets up for you to crawl under.

“Tell me what’s wrong.” He pulled you in for a hug, rubbing his hands up and down your back.

“It’s just…it’s a big deal.” Fresh tears started.

“You’re the love of my life. We can handle it.” He assured you. His hands traveled down and moved under your thighs, sliding you up the bed so you were face to face.

“Well when you were in surgery…I went to the maternity unit, because…because I was late.”

Chanyeol’s face perked up at the thought of you being pregnant.

“It turns out I’m not pregnant…” You said quietly.

Chanyeol hugged you. He was probably so confused. You had both talked about how you didn’t want to have kids right away, and obviously not before you were married but maybe he thought you were still upset about it.

When he let you go you wiped your eyes again, “Well when they were doing the ultrasound they found something…in my uterus.”

Chanyeol’s face dropped and he looked stern, “What do you mean they found something? Are you going to be okay?” His face flashed worry.

“I’m not sick like that, they just uh...they found out that I have a condition that stops my eggs from developing.” You took a deep breath.

“What-what does that mean?” You could see the tears glistening in his eyes.

“I can’t…I can’t have children.”

Chanyeol pulled you to him so tightly, smoothing your hair down with his chest.

“Babe-” His voice cracked, “It’s going to be fine, we’ll find a way, we’ll see doctors, we’ll adopt.” You could hear him crying, “Baby, we’ll adopt so many children. They will be so beautiful.”

You pulled away a little bit and held his face in your hands, wiping the tears off his cheeks.

“I promise, we will still have a family.” He said, kissing your forehead.

“You are my family.”

You wrapped your arms around him again and you both lay there and cried until you fell asleep.

* * * * *

You woke up periodically throughout the night, tossing and turning as much as you could in a single bed with Chanyeol. You heard Chanyeol sigh and mumble something and you stopped moving.

“…You’re such a good mommy…” He mumbled.

You felt sick, like you were going to throw up. You got out of bed and went to the washroom, sitting on the cold floor and waiting.

You sat there for a while, until your legs were numb and your was sore from the tile. You stood up and walked over to the mirror, examining your stomach. You pulled your baggy t-shirt up to look.

You put your hands on your stomach, imagining what it would be like to have a baby. Yours and Chanyeol’s baby…

You closed your eyes, taking deep breaths and trying to calm yourself.

You didn’t notice the footsteps and roll of the monitor coming towards the door.

Chanyeol pushed open the door quietly and seeing you there broke his heart. He stepped behind you, and wrapped his arms around your, placing his hands over yours on your stomach.

You opened your eyes in surprise but then relaxed into Chanyeol’s chest.

“Sarah, please stop crying.” He begged, eyes glistening again with tears.

“I want to…I just cant help thinking about it. I’m twenty now…but time goes by so quickly and next thing you know I’ll be twenty five…then twenty eight…and we still wont have kids.” You put your hands up to your face to hide your embarrassment.

Chanyeol turned you around gently, and knelt down in front of you. He put his hands back on your stomach and kissed it lightly.

“You’re going to be a mom.” He said assuredly. “And you are going to be the best mother in the world.”

“You never think about wanting to have kids until you know you can’t have them.”

“I can’t believe you kept this from me the past three days…it must have been so hard.” He stood up, lifting you to sit you on the counter, like a child.

“I’ve just tried to push it away, you getting better is more important…I just couldn’t hold it in anymore.”

“Did you just keep this to yourself the last few days?” Chanyeol’s hands idly rubbed your arms as he spoke.

“No, Kai went with me to see the doctor.” You said, “When I found out you were in the accident I called him because I didn’t want to be alone and he came to stay with me. So when I was freaking out about being late he came with me.”

“Thank God.” He hugged you, “I am so happy you didn’t have to go through that alone.”

A part of you was surprised that Chanyeol was okay with Kai being with you but he was growing up, maybe he wasn’t going to be jealous of other guys anymore.

“Is there anyone else you want to tell?” He asked you, “It’s your body and I don’t want to tell anyone that you don’t want to know.”

“I don’t know…” You thought about it for a moment, “I think I want to tell the guys. I know that it won’t help or anything I just don’t want secrets and I think it would just be easier.”

“I agree. We can tell them when you’re ready.”

You wrapped your legs around his waist and pulled him in for a kiss. “When are you going to be coming back to the house?” You asked when you pulled away, “I just want things to get back to normal.”

“When you were at home the doctor came in to check everything and they said I have some x-rays on Monday and if they are good and everything is healing well I can come home Tuesday.”

“Thank god!”

“So tomorrow night I want you to go home and get a good rest for classes on Monday, and Ill talk to you Monday night. And I’ll see you Tuesday.”

“Are you sure you’re going to okay here alone?” You asked.

“Of course. My mum will be here, so you go home with the guys tomorrow night after they visit. Now, lets get some sleep.”

You slid off the counter and followed him back to bed.

* * * * *

- Chanyeol’s POV –

I was woken up at eight by Sarah’s phone going off. She was still asleep so I reached over her to answer it, but it was text messages from Kris.

From Kris:

I’m sorry Sarah; I didn’t mean what I said.

From Kris:

I think you know how I feel.

From Kris:

I think I made it pretty clear.  I kept waiting for you.

From Kris:

I thought we had something when you first moved in. I mean, you were definitely attracted to me. I guess I just waited too long. I should have made a move when I had the chance. I’m still waiting.

From Kris:

Anyways, sorry again…But, there’s still time you know.

I read the messages, looking over at Sarah every once and a while to make sure she wasn’t awake.

Then I deleted them.


ouuuuuu

Thanks for reading guys! 

I have offically started my new Bangtan story, It's called The Team, so go check it out! <3 

Comment, Upvote, and Subscribe! <3