Out and About

Thirteen's a Crowd

You all got in Baekhyun’s car to go to the restaurant.

“So what are we eating?” You asked.

“We’re going to get spaghetti.” Baekhyun said. You were sitting in the front with him and Chanyeol was sitting in the back.  

“Ou good!” You cooed. “I haven’t had spaghetti in so long!”

The drive wasn’t very long, but Baekhyun took a detour to show you some of the city before you went to the restaurant. There was such a difference between the suburban area where Chanyeol and Baekhyun lived to the city.

Baekhyun pulled the car into a parking spot and you all got out. It was a short walk to the restaurant and when you went in it was a vision of Italy, all the way from the tablecloths to the pictures on the walls.

“This is so cute!” You laughed. You slid into the booth and looked around happily. You opened the menu and started to look through everything. “What are you guys having?” You asked the guys.

“Just spaghetti and meatballs.” Baekhyun answered. “What about you, Chan?”

“Not really sure, maybe a pizza.” He laughed. “What are you getting?” He asked you.

“I think I’m going to get gnocchi.” You said.

“Hi guys! I’m going to be your server today, could I start you guys off with some drinks?” You looked up and you could have just crawled under the table and died. “Seulgi?” The waitress asked you.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked over at you with very confused looks.

“Hi Monica.” You said quietly.

“I can’t believe you’re here!” She gushed, her hand on her heart.

“Chanyeol, can I get up?” You asked him. He complied, sliding out of the booth to let you stand.

You took Monica’s arm and pulled her away from the guys.

“Your brother is in the back, let me go get him! He would love to see you!” She spoke in English now, seeing that you were uncomfortable with Chanyeol and Baekhyun hearing your conversation with her.

“I don’t know Monica. I didn’t come here for that. Baekhyun brought us here for lunch.” You took a deep breath. “This is crazy. I don’t even know what to say.”

“Well say you’ll come back and see him!” She said, taking your hand. “You have no idea how upset he is that you haven’t talked in so long. Jason is absolutely heart broken. He talks about you all of the time.” You were starting to feel bad as Monica continued to describe your brother’s feelings.

“This is just a lot to take in…what does he do here?” You asked.

“He owns the restaurant.” She answered, smiling. You couldn’t believe that you knew so little about your brother now that you didn’t even know he owned his own business.

“Oh…”You mulled it over for a few minutes. You knew that even if you told her you didn’t want to see him that she would tell him you were there. Monica was harmless and she really did mean to help but she just didn’t know when to stay out of people’s business. You could hear Chanyeol and Baekhyun talking in the booth.

“Seulgi?” Baekhyun asked.

“I don’t know…maybe it’s her Korean name?” Chanyeol asked. “It cant be a mistake, she definitely knows the waitress.” You walked over to them.

“Sorry guys, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” You said and then followed Monica into the kitchen.

Your stomach seemed to flip flop as you followed her. You could see your brother making salads, his back towards you.

“Jason?” Monica asked.

“What?” He asked, not turning around.

“There’s someone here to see you.”

Jason turned around and seemed in shock for a moment.

“Hi.” You smiled lightly. He walked towards you and hugged you tightly.

“I’ve missed you so much!” He said, you could hear him sniffling and trying not to cry.

“I missed you too.”

* * * * *

Ten minutes later you came out from the kitchen with Jason and Monica in tow. You brought them over to Chanyeol and Baekhyun and started to introduce everyone.

“This is Monica and Jason.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “Jason is my brother.” You looked at the two sides. “This is Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. My roommates.” You said to Jason and Monica. “Chanyeol is my boyfriend.” 

Chanyeol stood up quickly, and bowed to Jason. “It’s nice to meet you.” He said to Jason.

Jason shook Chanyeol’s hand. “Nice to meet you too. I hope you have been taking care of my sister.”

“Don’t worry, Sarah has a lot of people that care for her very much.”

“Sarah?” Jason asked you. “They call you Sarah?” He asked in English.

“Yea, I didn’t tell them my Korean name.” You said. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were looking confused again.

“You have the nicest name Seulgi.” Jason said. “I’m not calling you Sarah just because they do.” He laughed. Even though it had been years since you have talked he was still the exact same as when you were younger.

“That’s okay. How are things with you guys?” You asked.

“Things are pretty good. We’re married now.” He smiled, putting his arm around Monica.

“Married?” You asked surprised.

“Yea, it was quite recent. I called and told mom to tell you but she said that you had left.” He explained. “So how long are you in Busan?” He asked.

“Just until Sunday. I’m just with Chanyeol and his family for our break.” You said.

“Well I would like to get together again before you go and catch up.” He said. “Maybe you could come to our house for dinner some night?”

“Yea, that would be great.” You smiled. You slid back into the booth and Monica took your orders.

After she left Chanyeol and Baekhyun started asking questions one after the other.

“Your brother owns this restaurant?”

“How come you didn’t know?”

“This is crazy! Are you okay?”

“Guys, calm down. One at a time.” You laughed awkwardly.

“Are you alright with this?” Chanyeol asked calmly. “With eating here, I mean.”

“Yea, of course. It was a lot less awkward than I had ever imagined it to be.” You said nodding constantly. “I think it was good that it was just a coincidence, that means no one could back out. Although it seems the only person that would have backed out was me…”

“Yea, they both seemed really happy to see you.” Baekhyun said. “They must have missed you a lot.”  

“Yea, I’ve missed so much of their lives it seems.” You said sadly. “They got married a few months ago. I guess they called my mom to get her to tell me but she had no way of contacting me here.”

“Well maybe this is the next step.” Chanyeol said encouragingly, rubbing your back. “You can have a relationship with your brother again.” He smiled. You loved that he was being so supportive about this whole thing.

“Thanks.” You said to them. “I’m sorry I’ve turned this lunch upside down.” You laughed.

“Naw, its fine.” Baekhyun said, taking a drink of his pop. “We needed a little bit of excitement.”

“I just have one more question.” Chanyeol said, raising his eyebrow.

“Yea, sure.” You laughed.

“Why were they calling you Seulgi?”

You face palmed yourself. “That’s my Korean name.” You said plainly.

“So why didn’t you introduce yourself to us with that name?” Baekhyun intersected.

“Just because that’s what my family always called me and I’m not, or wasn’t, in a very good place with them and I didn’t want to be reminded.” You said simply, hoping that they would leave it alone.

“Well I think that Seulgi is a beautiful name.” Chanyeol said. “But we will keep calling you Sarah. We will call you whatever you want.”

“Sarah, please.” You laughed.

You all started to talk about normal things as your food came out and you enjoyed your meals. You all shared amongst the plates wanting to taste everything.

“Your brother is an awesome chef!” Baekhyun said. “Awesome!” he took another large bite of spaghetti.

“You should invite them to the festival on Thursday night.” Chanyeol suggested.

“Yea, that would be a good idea.” You agreed.

When you were all done eating you went up to the bar to talk to Monica.

“Hey, I was wondering if you and Jason wanted to come to the Halloween festival at Chanyeol’s house on Thursday night.”

“I’ll see with Jason, we have to get up early on Friday so I don’t know if we will be able to make it, but we might stop by.” She said as she dried dishes. “So he is a Park?” She asked in English so they couldn’t understand her. “Wow, that’s impressive.” She winked.

“Yea, I didn’t even know until we got to his house on Sunday.” You laughed.

“So is it serious?” She asked.

“Well, it hasn’t been long, but yea, its pretty serious.” You said.

“I can tell from the way he looks at you.” She smiled. “So you can come to the house tomorrow night to have supper.” She said, more telling than asking. “Jason can get you, or if your not comfortable with that I can give you the address and Chanyeol can take you.” She said.

“Thanks.” You said, “You guys are both being so understanding.” You smiled.

“Well Jason knows that he should have tried harder and he is willing to do anything to make up that time he lost.” Monica said. Jason came out of the kitchen

“Are you guys all done?” He asked.

“Yea, it was great the food is amazing!” You said. You pulled your purse around to take your wallet out.

“No, it’s on the house.” Jason said shaking his hands in front of him. “Your family and family don’t pay.” He laughed.

You walked around the counter and hugged him and Monica. “Its so nice to see you guys again.” You said.

“Well see you tomorrow night.” Jason said.

You exchanged numbers and you left with Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

“This is great!” Chanyeol said excitedly, putting his arm around you as you walked back to the car.

“Yea, I’m so happy.” You smiled. “Can you drive me over there tomorrow night for supper?”

“Of course.” He smiled.

“And that will give you some time to talk to your mother about the proposal.” You reminded him.

“Yea, definitely.” He agreed. You could see him and Baekhyun making eyes at each other but you ignored it. They were always plotting something.

“So Hyojin is coming with Kris.” You told Baekhyun as you got in the car.

“Oh that’s cool.” He said. You knew that he liked Hyojin, but you didn’t know how much. He seemed kind of let down.

“You should bring a date Thursday night.” You suggested.

“I don’t have anyone to bring on a date.” He laughed.

“Well I’m going to find you one.” You smiled at him.

“Good luck!” Chanyeol teased from the back seat. You shot him a warning look and he quieted down.

Baekhyun pulled into his driveway and let out a deep breath.

“What?” Chanyeol asked, sticking his head in between the front seats.

“My sister is home.”

You all got out of the car and followed Baekhyun into the house. He didn’t say anything as he made his way into the living room.

“Hey Baek!” A girl got up off the couch and walked over to hug him.

“Hey Jima.” He said, hugging her back unenthusiastically. “You look good.”

“Thanks Baek.” She smiled. Jima held him at arms length and looked him over. “You’ve gotten taller.” She stated.

Jima was a very skinny petit girl. Her hair was to her shoulders and curled up, and she wore a cream colored blouse with dark blue denim and sparkly six inch high heals.

“Hi Chanyeol.” She said, smiling at him. She walked over to you and stuck her hand out. “I’m Jima, Baekhyun’s sister.”

“I’m Sarah.” You said shaking her hand. “I live with Baekhyun and Chanyeol.” You stated.

“She’s my girlfriend.” Chanyeol said from behind you.

Jima high fived him. You could hear heals clicking down the stairs and you all turned around to see a taller girl come down, wearing a similar outfit to Jima but she was wearing a skirt.

“Guys, this is Yuri she is the model that I am launching the clothing line with.” Yuri waved at everyone as you all introduced yourselves.

“So are you guys here for the festival?” Chanyeol asked Jima and Yuri.

“Of course, we wouldn’t miss it for the world!” Jima laughed. You could definitely see why Baekhyun found her annoying.


Thanks for reading guys!

comment, upvote and subscribe! <3