All You Need

Thirteen's a Crowd

At suppertime Chanyeol’s mother had brought him leftovers and she stayed with him while he ate. Later that night Chanyeol and you walked around the hospital and down to the front entrance to get some fresh air.

“After being out here it’s going to smell so bad inside.” Chanyeol said. “Hospital smell is the worst. It’s going to take me so many showers to get it off of me.” He laughed.

“Me too, I’ve been here almost as long as you have.” You laughed.

Chanyeol put his arm around you and smelled your hair. “Yea, you do smell really weird.” He teased, making a face at you.

“Meanie…” You mumbled. As you and Chanyeol talked another person came out of the hospital and sat on the bench opposite the doors. You looked over and stared for a moment at the familiar figure. “Sonhyung?” You asked.

“Yea? Oh, Sarah-ssi.” He stood up and bowed politely to you and then to Chanyeol. “Hello.”

“Hi!” You ran over to talk to him. “What are you doing out here?”

“Taehyung is asleep so my mother and father are on their way to pick me up.” He said, nodding to himself as he spoke.

“How is he doing?” You asked.

“He won’t stop talking about the noona he met today.” Sonhyung said laughing.

You laughed as well. “He won’t stop talking about me? I should go visit him tomorrow morning before I leave the hospital. Will he be up at 10?”

“Yea, he is usually up around eight. I am coming to get him around lunch time so that he can come home to get ready for the festival.” Sonhyung said.

“Oh good. Chanyeol’s parents are the ones hosting the festival.” You said, bringing Chanyeol up beside you.  “Chanyeol, this is Sonhyung.”

“Hello Chanyeol-ssi.” Taehyung bowed.

“Hi Sonhyung.” Chanyeol said. “I’m going back inside, it’s kind of cold out here.” He kissed your cheek and went back into the hospital.

“So that’s Park Chanyeol…” Sonhyung said.

“Yea,” You laughed, “He’s my boyfriend.”

“He is famous around Busan. I’ve never seen him in person before.” Sonhyung said quickly. “His father is the richest man in Busan.”

“Wow…I’ve never really thought about it like that.” You said amazed. “I mean, I knew that he was but I never thought about it a lot.”

“His father does a lot of good stuff here. Chanyeol always goes to charity events with him in the summer.” He said. A car pulled up and Sonhyung yelled something over to it.  “My parents are here. It was nice seeing you again, and thank you for visiting Taehyung again tomorrow. Goodbye!” He walked away, waving as he got in the back seat of the car.

You crossed the street back over to the hospital entrance and saw Chanyeol waiting for you inside the doorway.

“How did you meet that guy?” He asked you, nodding towards the doors.

“I sat with his little brother in the cafeteria earlier tonight while you were sleeping.” You said.

“How old is his little brother?” Chanyeol asked quizzically.

“Relax, he’s like six or seven. He’s really sweet.” You hit Chanyeol’s chest playfully.

“Oh,” He let out a breath. “Well I feel dumb.” He laughed.

You just laughed, “Lets watch a movie.”

* * * * *

The next morning you went to visit Taehyung for a little while before Kai came to get you.

You knocked on the door as you walked in to get his attention. “Hey, Taehyung.”

“Noona!” He smiled and sat up in bed.

“What are you up to?” You asked.

“I’m just playing a video game.” He said, “What to see?”

“Of course.” You smiled. You walked over and put your bag down on the ground before sitting beside him on the bed.

Taehyung showed you how to play the video game and then let you try. You lost quite a bit but finally made it to the next level.

“Yay!” He high fived you.

“Are you excited for the festival tonight?” You asked.

“Yea! I can’t wait to be out for the night.” He smiled widely.

“Only for the night?” You asked.

“Yea, I’m here for treatment right now because I have crones.” He said. He didn’t sound sad about it; it was just a fact of life for him.

“Oh,” You didn’t know what to say anymore. “Well I watched them setting up the rides and everything and it looks like it’s going to be amazing.” You smiled, turning the conversation around.

“You saw it?” He asked excitedly.

“Yea, my boyfriend’s parents are hosting it.” You said. “Tonight I’ll find you and we will go on some rides together.” You promised.

“That would be great, noona.” He hugged you and your heart swelled, making you feel so happy.

Your phone rang and you answered it quickly.

“Hello!”

“Hey, its Kai. I’m in Chanyeol’s room when you’re ready.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in a few minutes.” You hung up. “My friend is here to get me so I have to go, but I’ll see you tonight, right?” You said.

“Okay.” He smiled. You hugged Taehyung again and then left to go to Chanyeol’s room.

“You ready to go?” Kai asked, as you entered the room.

“Yea, I’ll just get my things.” You zipped up your bag and went around cleaning up some garbage from the night before.

“How was hanging out with your boyfriend?” Chanyeol laughed, coming out of the washroom.

“It was great, we played video games and talked.” You said fondly.

“Sounds like a hot date.” He smirked. Chanyeol hugged you and kissed the top of your head. “I’ll see you later today.”

“Okay,” You nodded, “See you later.” You kissed him again before you left with Kai.

* * * * *

As soon as you and Kai left Chanyeol was on the phone with Baekhyun telling him to get to the hospital to get him.

“I’m just around the block, I’ll be there in five.” Baekhyun said before hanging up.

Chanyeol got his stuff ready and went to the desk to check himself out, thanking the nurses and staff as he left the front doors of the building.

Baekhyun pulled up right as Chanyeol stepped outside.

“Lets go!” Chanyeol laughed as he got into Baekhyun’s car, swinging his bag over the seat.

“I still can’t believe your doing this. We were all talking about it last night and this is a big deal! You’re getting engaged and soon married then you guys are going to start a family and have kids and the rest of us are still going to be living in the same house playing video games and eating chips.” Baekhyun kept ranting as he drove to the mall.

“Calm down. It’s still going to be the same.” Chanyeol laughed. “We will still be around all the time. And we are still going to live with you guys. I still have two years of school left and Sarah just started. You guys can’t get rid of us that easily.”

“Yea you’re right. It’s still weird though. At the beginning of the school year would you have ever thought that you would be in this position?” Baekhyun asked. “Cause I sure didn’t.” He laughed.

“Definitely not. I thought that I would still be just sleeping and playing video games and avoiding homework. Now I’m doing all of that and thinking about how much I love her, all the time.” Chanyeol rubbed his eyes. “It’s crazy how much I love her. I cant even comprehend it.”

“That’s good cause we were all scared you would be single forever.” Baekhyun teased, “But seriously, we are all so happy for you and I know Sarah will say yes.”

“The more I think about it the more nervous I get. I’m buying the ring that will symbolize one of the biggest steps in my life.” He let out a deep breath.

They walked into one of the jewelry stores and started to look around.

“What do you think she would like?” Baekhyun asked, peering into the display cases.

“Something simple I think. One diamond with a white gold band I think.” He said as he looked at a ring. “Excuse me.” He said, waving over one of the workers. “How much is this ring?”  

“That one is seven thousand.” She said smugly.

“I’ll take it.” He set his card on the counter.

* * * * *

So where are we going to go?” You asked.

“I think that we should go and get a bunch of snacks and stuff for him and maybe you can get him something from you?” Kai winked at the last part.

“What do you mean?” You asked.

“You know…?” He stared at you.

“Oh, we haven’t done that…” You said hurriedly as you clued into what he was talking about.

“Oh, sorry. I just assumed.”

“No, after what happened I just need time.” You said softly.

“Of course.” Kai put his hand on your knee as he drove. He was good at comforting you and making you feel better without making you feel uncomfortable. Kai always kept just the right amount of distance between the both of you.

* * * * *

“This is real.” Chanyeol said, holding the bag with the ring in his lap in the car. “This is happening tonight.”

“Take a breath.” Baekhyun laughed.

“I can’t. How am I going to act normal around Sarah?”

“I don’t know but you better find a way because we are going to be home soon.”

“Are the guys are your house?” Chanyeol asked him suddenly.

“Yea, everyone’s waiting and Kai is still with Sarah.”

“Okay good, because I have a plan for tonight.”


Thanks for reading guys! My school is still on strike but I still manage to be super busy working on films so I havent had much time to update. 

Heres a link to the ring I was imaging for Sarah: https://charmdiamondcentres.com/product/ring/1125196/melody-150ctw-diamond-solitaire-ring

comment upvote and subscribe! <3