Getting Back to Normal

Thirteen's a Crowd

The next day passed quickly and the next thing you knew you were saying goodbye to Chanyeol at the train station and leaving for school again.

“I love you and I know you will do great at your show.” He kissed the top of your head and squeezed you tightly to him.

“I wish you could see it.” You said sadly, but understanding that he needed to be at home resting.

“I do too, but Baekhyun is going to tape it for me so I can see it when I get back.” He smiled down at you and you could feel butterflies in your stomach. “Everyone’s getting on. You should go too, I love you.”

“I love you too.” You kissed him, “I’ll call you when I’m home.” You said as you walked towards Kai.

“Okay, bye!” He waved at you and all your friends.

You followed everyone onto the train and watched them cram themselves into two carts. You kept walking to find an empty one.

“Mind if I join you?” Kai asked, “I’m kind of tired.”

“Yea, me too.” You said. Kai followed you into the empty cart and put your bag up on the shelf for you.

“Thanks.”

As he sat down you both put your headphones in. You looked down and stared at your ring for a minute, moving it in the light. It was still so surreal. And you knew that you would be able to see Chanyeol in two weeks but you were still going to miss him, you just took a big step in your life together and you only got to spend two days together after it happened.

You stretched your legs up along the seat and put your hood up, shielding some of the light. You fell asleep quickly, dreaming on and off throughout your nap.

* * * * *

You woke up suddenly when your head hit the window causing your to yell.

 Kai shot up and pulled his headphones out of his ears.

“Are you okay?” He asked, grabbing your head to look at where you hit it.

“Yea, I’m fine, just scared me more than anything.” You laughed. “How long have we been sleeping?”

Kai checked his phone, “A long time, we should be there soon.”

“Thank god!” You sighed with relief, “I just need to sleep in my own bed.”

“What are you talking about, Chanyeol’s bed is super comfortable!” He laughed.

“You’ve slept in his bed?” You cocked your eyebrow.

“Oh yea, plenty of times. We’ve fit five of us on there before.”

“You sound like your bragging.” You laughed. You tried to remember that guys here were way different than guys in America. “Guys back home don’t sleep in the same bed.”

“This is your home now.” Kai smiled.

You looked at the ring on your hand again, “You’re right. It’s so weird thinking that I’m going to have a family here.”

“What are the rest of us?” Kai scoffed playfully. “We’re all your family.”

“Yea, your right.” You laughed.

The door slid open and you saw Hyojin poke her head in the doorway. “Can I talk to you?” She asked, looking at Kai expectantly.

“I’m gonna go see the guys.” He said, squeezing past her in the doorway.

“What’s up?”

Hyojin sat across from you and you could see her expression darken a bit. “Well…” She sighed, “I don’t know if I should tell you this but I don’t have another friend to talk to.”

“What’s this about?”

“Kris.”

“Isn’t it going really well?” You asked.

“Well I thought it was, but it’s just different when we are around the group. It’s like when we’re all together he doesn’t want to be seen with me.” She looked out the window. “He is always so caring and sweet when we’re alone and I know we aren’t actually going together or anything it’s just disheartening.”

“I wouldn’t look too far into it right now, boys are slow with things and he probably just doesn’t realize that he is acting differently.” You assured her. “And its Kris, he prides himself on acting cool, but he doesn’t really know what cool is.”

Hyojin laughed and nodded, “You’re right. Thanks Sarah, I think I just needed some reassurance.”

“Anytime.” She gave you a quick unexpected hug and then got up to leave again. You placed your headphones back in your ears and closed your eyes until the train ride was over.

* * * * *

You felt like death when you finally made it back to the house. The last week had been very eventful, both in a good way and a bad way. You dragged your stuff upstairs and stopped at Chanyeol’s room, grabbing one of his shirts to sleep in. As you got into your room you yelled goodnight to everyone and shut the door behind you.

You called Chanyeol as you changed out of your clothes so you were just wearing his t-shirt and underwear.

“Hey baby,” His voice rang through the phone.

“Hi Chanyeol, I’m home now.” You said, yawning.

“What are you doing?”

“Just got in bed, you?”

“Also in bed, watching a movie and missing you.” You could almost see him smiling in your head.

“I miss you too.” You said, lying down. “I just wanted to tell you I’m home safe and that I’ll talk to you tomorrow. I’m really sleepy so I’m just going to go to bed.”

“It’s only four.” He laughed.

“Yea, that’s okay, I’m going to get up early tomorrow to go train.” You stated. “I love you.”

“I love you too, sweet dreams.”

“You too.” You hung up and fell asleep as soon as you closed your eyes.

* * * * *

You woke up around 10:30 that night to the phone ringing, thinking it was Chanyeol you answered without looking.

“Hello?” You said groggily.

“That’s all I get? I thought you would have called to tell me you were engaged.” You recognized Jackson’s voice immediately.

“Jackson?”

“Hi Seulgi.”

“How did you know?”

“Your brother told me.” He said snarkily.

“It’s only been a week since it happened, I didn’t even tell mum so don’t feel so left out.”

“I figured you wouldn’t tell your mother. She calls every once and a while wondering if you talked to me or not.” He said plainly.

“I haven’t talked to anyone. I only found Jason by accident.”

“Accident?”

“Yea, it’s a long story.” You said, huffing. “Is there some other reason you called?”

“I just wanted to see how you were and to say I miss you.”

“I’m doing pretty great, I have to go now though, Jackson, I was sleeping.” You said flatly.

“Uh, okay. Well, don’t be a stranger. Goodnight.” He hung up without waiting for a reply and you lay in bed looking at the ceiling wondering how you were going to get back to sleep.

You wished Chanyeol were there. You just needed a hug and you wanted him to tell you a funny joke. You felt like the week was going to be a long one. You got up and poured a glass of water from the sink in the bathroom and got back in bed, squeezing your eyes shut until you finally fell asleep.

* * * * *

The next morning you woke up at eight, quickly getting dressed and making your way over to the studio. You texted Kai, telling him where you were incase he wanted to come over when he woke up.

You went down to the empty studio at the end of the hall and started to warm up. You blared the music and let yourself get lost in dancing. You felt all of these mixed emotions and the only way you felt okay was by forgetting them for a while. You didn’t know what to do about Jackson, you hoped that he would just not call you again if you ignored him but you knew how persistent he could be. Another problem was, were you going to tell Chanyeol? You decided against it until you knew what Jackson actually wanted. You could never really tell with him.

You stopped warming up and the music to start rehearsing your dance for the showcase. It had already been two hours since you had got to the studio and you were surprised by how fast time went by when you were in emotional turmoil.  

You did the dance over and over again until you couldn’t see anymore from the sweat pouring in your eyes. Your phone beeped and you looked to see a text message.

From Kai

Hey, I’m coming over to the studio and bringing you some food. Lay said he heard you leaving around 8:15 so I’m guessing you haven’t eaten.

You replied with a short thanks and started to dance again.

About a half hour later you heard the door open and Kai getting lunch ready for the both of you. You ran over and turned the music off before greeting him.

“Something on your mind?” He asked, ignoring your hello.

“Why would you think that?” You asked, picking up the container of rice.

“I’ve never seen you look so intense when you’re dancing and you are absolutely dripping in sweat.” He laughed lightly.

“No, I’m just practicing extra hard for Friday.” You said simply. “I want to prove that I’m good enough to be here.”

“Trust me, everyone knows. Everyone is so envious.” He sat down and leaned his back against the mirror. “Can I ask you something?”

“Yea, sure.”

“I don’t want to make you feel weird or anything but aren’t you worried a little bit?” the words came slowly out of his mouth and you sat for a moment confused about what he was asking about.

“About being with Chanyeol?” You asked. “No, but I think that’s just cause I don’t have a reason to be.” You took a few more bites of rice. “I literally can’t imagine loving anyone as much as I love him.” You blushed at the thought.

You looked up and Kai was smiling at you, “I’m glad to hear that.” He said. “We all know that you guys will be together forever as long as you don’t let anything come between you.”

“Its really nice to know that we have your support.” 


The title of this chapter is describing the chapter and my life right now. I just just finished moving back to my home from school and getting done exams and everything and I am finally ready to update again! this chapter was written in bits throughout a couple weeks so its quite short and I am going to start fresh in the next chapter!

thanks for reading!

comment, subscribe and upvote <3