My Girl

Thirteen's a Crowd

You woke up around one in the morning, reaching for the glass of water on the nightstand and chugging it down. You got up, still very tired, and, with a blanket wrapped around your shoulders, walked downstairs slowly. You could hear laughing as you made your way down and you noticed Chanyeol, Kai, Kyungsoo, Luhan, Tao, and Baekhyun sitting in the kitchen. You walked into the room, gradually catching everyone’s attention.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” Kyungsoo asked as you walked past him, “Chanyeol said you had a long day.”

“Yea,” You mumbled, rubbing your eyes like a child.

“Hi babe.” Chanyeol pushed his chair out and waved you over.

You straddled his waist sitting down and resting your head on his shoulder, closing your eyes again. “Hi.” You sighed out, melancholy creeping into your voice. Chanyeol squeezed you tight, one of his hands slipping under the blanket to rub your back.

“Do you want me to come up to bed?” He whispered to you.

You shook your head no, “I just want to sit down here, and listen to you guys talk.”

“Okay,” You could feel as he moved the chair back in towards the table and started typing away again.

They all continued on with their normal conversation after a moment. They were probably all trying to gauge on what was going on with you.

It was foolish that you were sitting like a baby on Chanyeol’s knee as he went on with his homework and his friends, but you couldn’t help the feelings that you were having. It wasn’t something that you had ever felt before, it wasn’t tangible, and you had no idea why you were so sad. Your chest hurt and every time you closed your eyes you felt like you were physically breaking. As you sat there, half listening, half in your own world, you could feel Chanyeol rub your back every once and a while, or rest his head on yours. You felt yourself tearing up again and you could feel the tears soaking into the shoulder of Chanyeol’s shirt.

Chanyeol went quiet from what he was saying as he realized that you were crying, you felt him shifting around and then a pair of earphones going into your ears, music playing softly for you.

I got sunshine on a cloudy day. When it’s cold outside, I’ve got the month of May. I guess you’d say ‘what can make me feel this way?’ my girl, my girl. Talking ‘bout my girl…my girl…

* * * * *

When you woke up you were in bed, Chanyeol’s arms wrapped around you tightly. You still felt a small ebb of hurt but you were able to push it away to go back to sleep.

In the morning when you woke up you found that you felt almost normal again. Chanyeol was sleeping on his back, arm stretched out towards you and mouth hanging open in a way that would be disgusting if it was anyone else but him. You took your iPad out from your bedside table and played games as you decided whether you would get up or just go back to sleep.

After about an hour you could feel Chanyeol start to come out of his slumber and you looked over just in time to witness him wiping the drool off his chin before turning towards you.

“Good morning?” He asked more than stated.

“Yea, good morning.” You smiled at him. You put your iPad away and your side to face him.

“Do you want to talk about last night?” He asked, moving towards you, his hand resting on your waist. “Did something happen last night after you woke up? Did you have a bad dream?”

“I don’t know, I just woke up with this awful feeling…” You sighed, trying to organize your thoughts. “It was like a pain in my chest and I just wanted to cry.” You took a deep breath, looking at the ceiling. “I don’t know what it was…thanks for letting me sit down stairs with you guys last night.”

“You know you can do that whenever, it doesn’t matter who I’m with.” He kissed your cheek. “You know they were all really worried about you, especially Kai and Baekhyun.”

“They were?”

“Of course they were.” He smiled at you. “Everyone loves you very much…just not as much as I do.” He laughed, sleep still leaking into his voice.

“No one loves me as much as you do, except for Jackson,” You said teasingly, watching Chanyeol roll his eyes. “Speaking of Jackson, I should call him…what time is it?”

“Too early.”

“It’s thirteen hours difference so it’s ten there…I’ll try him.”

“Have fun talking to your boyfriend.” Chanyeol said rolling over to go back to sleep.

The phone rang and rang and rang until the voicemail came on.

“Hey, it’s Jackson, can’t come to the phone right now, leave your reason and I’ll get back to you.”

“Hi Jackson, It’s Seulgi…I signed a three year contract with the Korean National Ballet and I just wanted to tell you. Give me a call sometime soon. Love you. Bye!” As you said I love you Chanyeol opened one of his eyes, looked at your briefly before going back to fake sleeping.

“I love you too.” You said to him as you snuggled back into bed.

“You too, baby.” He nodded, eyes still closed.

The rest of the day seemed to go by slowly for you. Chanyeol spent ninety percent of it doing his paper and you did various things around the house…stretched in the living room, helped Baekhyun and Iseul put together Ikea furniture for his new room and helped Kai move out of his shared room with Sehun into Baekhyun’s old one.

“I even get to get rid of my ty bed.” He said, smiling at Chanyeol’s double bed that was still in the corner of the room. “You sleep with him, you think the mattress is safe?” he joked.

“Perfectly.” You stuck your tongue out at him. “Are you going to paint this room too?”

“No…I don’t think there’s a point really.” He sat down on the bed.

“What do you mean?” You sat beside him, resting against the headboard.

“I think that I’m going to try to find an apartment closer to the studios and stuff. Commuting all the time will cost so much money, and it takes so long.” He said, “I don’t want to move out but it just makes the most sense.”

“Well until we move into the house we can go in together using my car, so that won’t be so bad.” You said, “Maybe just get a car? You wont find rent nearly as cheap downtown as it is here.”

“Yea, I thought about that too, but I don’t know…”

“Well you don’t have to decide right away.” You said optimistically. “You can stay at our house whenever, it’s quite close to the studios, that way if we have rehearsals late sometimes you can just crash there.”

“Thanks Sarah.” He said graciously, “I think that I will take you up on that sometimes. Not all the time though.” He said with a wink.

You hit his arm, “Your bedroom is at the other end of the hallway anyways.” You laughed.

“Like that would make a difference.”

“Maybe you’ll meet your wife at the company.” You said suddenly.

“Wife?” he coughed.

“Yea, girlfriend, than fiancé, than wife!”

“You’re very optimistic.” He sighed.

“It’s what I’m known for.” You laughed, tapering off into a frown.

“Chanyeol told me that Monica is pregnant.” He said delicately. “That’s why you were upset last night.”

“It’s like my heart was breaking.” You muttered, “I couldn’t help it. When I woke up last night I just wanted to go back to sleep but I had this pain in my chest…being downstairs helped and I’m glad you guys didn’t make a big deal out of it. Thank you.” You leaned forward, hugging Kai tightly.

“It’s no problem. Whatever you need.” He said into your shoulder.

You could hear feet padding down the hallway and noticed Baekhyun stick his head in the door.

“Hey Sarah.” He said, walking in towards the bed.

“Where’s Iseul?”

“She’s upstairs, I’m just going to get some drinks.” He explained, “I just wanted to come in and say that I’m sorry about last night.”

“You’re sorry?” You asked.

“Yea, you’re like my sister…well, I actually love you way more than my sister. It made me feel awful that you were so sad and none of us could do anything to make you feel better.” He moved closer and hugged you.

“Thanks Baekhyun.” You said smiling. “Just knowing that you are all around makes me feel so much better.” You sighed, “Even if I never get to have children I have all of you.”

“Because we’re like children?” Kai laughed.

“Don’t say that!” Baekhyun said.

“You’re going to have a plethora of children!” Kai said, patting your back.

“So many that you’re going to have to move into a hotel!” Baekhyun laughed.

“You guys are ridiculous.” You shook your head. “How are things with Iseul?”

“I understand why Chanyeol proposed to you so quickly.” Baekhyun said, completely serious, staring at the wall.

“What?” Kai asked as his face scrunched up. “Don’t tell me you’re proposing to her.”

“No…not now at least.” Baekhyun said, “But I know I’m going to marry her.”

“So have you guys taken the next step?” Kai winked.

“If you mean , no we haven’t.” Baekhyun said shyly. “I want it to be special.”

“That’s so cute!” You squealed. “Do you have anything planned?”

“No, not yet.” He admitted.

“Talk to Chanyeol, he is really good at that stuff. One night when we were in Busan I came back from my brother’s house and he had candles going all the way up the stairs and when I went into the bedroom he was lying in bed-”

Kai silenced you with a hand over your mouth.

“We really don’t want to picture how Chanyeol was…”

You all started laughing hysterically.

“Well you know what I mean.” You said to Baekhyun.

* * * * *

 The next day started earlier than you hoped. You got dressed, not really caring to look very nice and got in the car to drive over to the school. You met Chanyeol in the administration building and you went up to talk to a counselor about the process of dropping out and what money you could get back.

“You’re dropping out completely?” The counselor asked you. “You’ve only been at the school for a semester.” She scoffed.

“I got a job and it will be taking a lot of my time so school isn’t really viable right now.” You explained.

“Job?” She asked, “At the mall or something?”

“No, with the Korean National Ballet.” You said simply.

“Oh…well here are all of the papers to fill out so you can get started on that now. I’ll bring up your class schedules and everything and see what we can do about getting some of your money back.”

You flipped through the stack of papers you had to fill out as she typed on her computer. After you were finished she turned the monitor towards you to show you the numbers.

“Since it’s only been a month into second semester and you are five days until the deadline you get all the money back for your classes this semester and twenty percent of the full year classes.” She explained, “So that means you’re getting back $3,456.45.”

“That’s great! Thank you.” You said bowing.

“You will get a check in the mail within the next week or so.” She informed you.

“Alright…thanks.” You stood up, saying goodbye before leaving the office.

“She was kind of huffy.” Chanyeol said, rolling his eyes.”

“Yea I know, what a jerk.” You sighed, “I mean, did you hear her? Where? At the mall?” You said in a snarky voice.

“I know, I was ready to punch her.” Chanyeol said, throwing his arm over your shoulder. “Where to next?”

“I have to go to the dance studio to talk to Ms. Kim. I really want to go thank her for signing me up for the auditions and everything.”

“That sounds like a good idea.” Chanyeol agreed. “I think that she will be thrilled to see the future star of the national ballet in her studio.”

“I’m only in the company.” You laughed, “It will be a long time before I am even considered to be prima ballerina. I walked past Kim Joowon when we were doing the tour and I almost passed out. I was star struck.”

“Well I’ll just wait for you out here then.” Chanyeol took a seat and pulled a book out of his bag.

“Sounds good.” You walked over to the door leading to the studios, “I don’t think it will take too long.”

You walked down the hallway, looking into the studios for Ms. Kim. All of the studios were empty, except the last one, where Ms. Kim was teaching third year ballet class. Everyone was standing in the center of the room working on fouettes. Ms. Kim spotted you standing at the door watching and waved you inside, stopping the class.

You felt awkward walking into the class, almost intimidated by how everyone was older than you.

“Everyone, this is Cho Sarah,” Ms. Kim introduced you. “She was a part of the second year class, you might remember seeing her solo piece in the Christmas recital. She has just signed a contract with the Korean National Ballet.”

Everyone in the class clapped, looking at you, very impressed, and sizing you up.

“I can come back at another time Ms. Kim.” You said, “I just wanted to say thank you for signing me up for the audition. I really owe you everything.” You laughed.

“No, it’s okay, now is a great time!” She smiled. “I was thinking, Kai came in to see me yesterday and I told him that the both of you can continue to come into classes until you start next month. Whatever classes you want.”

“Really?” You smiled gratefully. “That would be amazing! It would help me keep in shape as well.” You added. “What classes do you have tomorrow?”

“Well this class is in tomorrow from eleven to three for technique. I think Kai is coming as well.”

“That sounds great!” You nodded, “I’ll let you get back to your class. Nice to meet all of you.” You bowed to everyone as you left, then ran back out to the front to meet Chanyeol.

“How was that?” He asked, marking his spot in the book and putting it away.

“It was great. Ms. Kim said that I can come in for classes whenever until we start a the company.” You smiled.

“Perfect!” Chanyeol high fived you, “It will give you guys something to do so you don’t go crazy.”

“Exactly.” You laughed.

“So I was thinking, you know how we have that half basement in the new house?”

“Yea.” You nodded.

“Well I think I’m going to talk to the contractor about putting in a soundproof booth into it so that when we move in eventually I can set it up to be a recording studio.”

“That sounds like a great idea!” You nodded. “Then you and Lay can record in there and you’ll have somewhere to go that’s quiet.”

“I’m glad you agree.” He laughed.

“Did you think I wouldn’t?” You laughed.

“Not that you wouldn’t,” He said, “I just hoped that you would think it was a good idea.”

“Of course I do.” You hit his chest; “I want you to do what makes you happy too. You have been really supportive of me and I am going to support you too.”

“Thanks baby.” He held your hand, swinging your arms as you made your way to the car.

“Let’s go get some lunch to take home before your next class.” You suggested, giving him the car keys.

“Sounds great. What do you want to get?” He looked at you, your eyes wide, “Pizza?”

“How’d you know?” You smiled wide.

“Lucky guess.” He said sarcastically, ruffling your hair.


Thanks for reading everyone!

I have started a tumblr for writing if anyone is interested in it. There is only a couple scenarios on it but if you want to check it out the link is here!

Comment and upvote! 

Love you all <3