Welcome Home

Thirteen's a Crowd

'Um, excuse me!" Could you tell me where I could find apartments for rent?" You asked an older man walking past you.

"Over there." He grunted pointing towards the outter edge of campus, to a cluster of identical row houses. 

"Thanks." you smiled and walked quickly over to the buildings. It started raining as you walked up and down the streets looking for signs that said "For Rent", not thinking about what you were going to do after you saw one of the signs.

Finally as you reached the last set of houses you saw a sign hanging from the front door of one of them. You ran up to the door to get out of the rain, and then looked at the front door awkwardly. I can't just knock, can I? You thought as you eyed the doorknocker. 

All of a sudden the front door opened and you were greeted by a very tall guy in a black hoodie and sweat pants.

"Oh, uh, hi!" You said, smiling politely.

"Hello?" The guy raised his eyebrow at you questioningly. "If you are selling something we don't want any."

"No, um, actually, I am hear because you have a for rent sign on your door. I just moved here and I go to the university across the street and I need a place to live." You blushed and pulled your bag up over your shoulder more. 

"Oh, well, come in then." He stepped back and held the door open for you.  "I'm Kris, by the way." He offered his hand for you to shake.

"I'm Sarah," You shook his hand lightly and then took your shoes off, following him into the living room. He must be from another country too, you thought. 

When you turned the corner into the living room you were surprised by how many people were sitting around. 

"Hey guys, this is Sarah, she wants to know about the room for rent." Kris, smiled at you and motioned for you to sit down on the sofa. 

Everyone went around the room and introduced themselves to you, also telling you how old they were. Going from closest to you to farthers away was Tao, Baekhyun, Sehun, Kyungsoo, Chen, Xiumin, Chanyeol, Suho, Kai, and Luhan, and of couse, Kris. They were all older than you.

"Well, I'm Sarah, like Kris said. I'm twenty years old." You smiled. 

"Before you can move in with us you have to answer some questions." the guy named Tao said, leaning towards you. The boy sitting beside him, Baekhyun, nudged him with his elbow and he leaned back against the chair.

"Yea, I'll answer anything." You nodded, waiting for them to start.

"Well what program are you in? We all go to the university too." Sehun asked, easing into the question and answer period.

"I am studying medieval history." You answered confidently.

"Will you be around the house a lot?" Asked another one of the guys. "Oh, I'm Kyungsoo, incase you forgot." He blushed slightly.

"I think I will be around a fair bit, I mean, I haven't joined any clubs yet so its hard to say."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Asked Kai, winking at her playfully.

"Don't make her uncomfortable!" Kris hit Kai's hat off of his head. 

"I'm just kidding!" Kai, raised his hands in surrender. "But, do you?" he asked seriously.

"No, I just moved here from Canada, so I don't really know anyone." You admitted, looking down at your hands. 

"When would you need to move in?" asked the guy named Xiumin. 

"As soon as you would let me." You smiled. The boys all looked at one another, like they were having a telepathic conversation and then nodded. 

"Welcome home!" They all said together. 

* * * * *

The next day you were moving all of your suitcases into your new home, luckily with 12 roomates it only took one trip to get everything into your room. 

"Thanks so much Chanyeol." You said as he brought in the last box and set it at the foot of your bed. 

"Anytime." He smiled widely and started to leave.

"Chanyeol could you stay for a bit?"

"Yea sure!"

-Meanwhile Downstairs-

"So how do you guys like Sarah?" Kris asked everyone in the kitchen.

"She is super hot." Said Kai bluntly.

"Don't be weird to her Kai, we don't want her to run away." Suho warned him.

"I think she is really nice. I'm sure we will all get along with her." Baekhyun smiled, finally lifting his head from his bowl on ramyun.

"Guys..." Sehun whispered.

"What?" Everyone asked, annoyed.

"She's a girl." He stated. "We don't know anything about girls. What if she is really emotional, or tries to mother us or something."

"Oh relax, girls from Canada aren't like that." Kris said confidently.

"If you say so." Sehun replied, sitting down to eat.

 - Upstairs - 

"The guys don't mind that I am moving in right?" You asked Chanyeol as you hung up your clothes.

"No way! They are all super excited. A girl has never lived with us before and it would be nice to have someone else in the house. You have the best room too." Chanyeol motioned to the loft that you had to yourself. 

"Yea, it is a pretty nice room isnt it?" You smiled as you looked around.

"And don't worry about Kai, he just pretends to be a lady-killer, he's really harmless." Chanyeol laughed.

"Yea, I won't. I would be more worried about someone like you. I mean you are in my room right now." You winked as you walked past.

Chanyeol went quiet and started to stammer, "You know I would never - never do anything...to..."

"Calm down Chanyeol-ssi, I'm just kidding!" You laughed at him. "Lets go downstairs and see what everyone else is doing. You grabbed his wrist dragging him down the stairs behind you as he blushed.


Thanks for reading guys!  

Also, If any of you have tumblr and want to, here is the link to my blog! It is filled with Kpop and random funny things :)