CHANGE OF HEART

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

EXO M’S PAST

 

KRIS'S POV

The moment I sunk my fangs to her neck, was the moment I became hers- my free will was utterly destroyed. She had become the center of my life, the  center of my world,  Her blood was the sweetest poison one could ever had. It was sinfully delectable. It was sinfully amazing.

She was not the first original that I had known of. In fact, all my life, including her I had been lucky to encounter three. But the moment I laid my eyes upon her, the moment I caught her scent in the air, I knew, that she was the one. That I am meant to serve her, to protect her , to cherish her.

It felt as if it was fate, and I was too blinded by that belief that I boldy considered myself to be hers and her to be only mine. But then, XiuMin hyung, and LuHan hyung came along. And all my one sided beliefs were tossed out of the window.

No matter how my heart ached with jealousy, I remained by her side. At first I thought, it must be the bond that makes my heart beat faster when I hear her name. But I was wrong. I truly loved her. She made me feel wanted. She made me feel compete. She made me feel important.

So when Tao, Chen, and Lay blood bonded to her, I welcomed them with open arms. I cared for them like brothers, because that’s what she would have wanted me to do. And I always do what she wanted me to do.

Clearly all of us were infatuated by her. Afterall, we all agreed to be her guardians because of that one thing that we felt for her- love.

She however did not.

And we knew  it.

I knew it.


What she felt for me  was only love for a companion.

But we still loved her.

I still loved her.

Perhaps, it had been foolish of me to pretend to not know. To pretend that everything is okay. To pretend that I am okay.

Because while I had been too busy dreaming of things that would never happen between us, she had already fallen in love with someone else.

Someone who can never love her.

Someone who  hated her for her existence.

Someone who will kill her the moment he spotted her.

How she managed to love him despite of that, I have no idea. All I know is that, she loved him with all of her life.

I can still remember it. The blaze in her eyes when he met his as he was about to attack her in the forest. It was the same as mine everytime I looked at her. It was passionate, it was too trong, it was love. He had that white oak stake and was about to plunge it through her heart when Tao warped his time zone. Chen, not knowing what I knew at that moment, did what what a guardian would do to protect his mate. He grabbed the stake then went on for the kill.

The hunter  died in front of her eyes. 

Everyhing happened so fast, that I did not even notice Chen being slammed into a nearby tree. 
"You killed him" Melissa snarled. Her fangs dangerously protruded from her lips. 

"Melissa-I-" Chen was baffled. He doesn't understand. In his mind, Chen was asking, Why is she so mad at me? What have I done wrong? 

"Melissa " I breathed.  She sharply looked at me. "s-Stop it" I managed to say, even it just came out as a stutter. 

And as if she awakened by a trance, she released  her grip from Chen. 

"Oh God. He's dead. No, no, no, no. He's dead, oh my god." Her sobs were tearing me apart. The girl that I loved, the center of my world is broken. 

"Melissa I-" I was stopped as she looked deep  into my eyes. I tried toshift my gaze towards something, anything. But it was no use. I was being compelled and I can't do anything about it. 

"Kris" she muttered without breaking eye contact. "Leave this town. Leave me alone. I'm tired. I am really, really tired.  I'll find her, the one. Then we'll die and be together, forever. When the right time comes, go back. Turn her emotions back on. Do you understand?" She was babbling, and was talking real fast. Her mind was a mess. I can feel it. Her emotions have gone haywire. And she, she just wanted to be alone. Alone from us- alone from the people who killed her beloved. 

Nevertheless, I nodded- like a machine. I understood- I completely understood. She will die, but I did not dare question that. For I am compelled for god's sake- I was completely under her spell. 

She must have done the same thing with the others, for when we woke up a year after ,in coffins if I may add, we were far, far from this town, far from her. And she was already gone.

 

EXO M's |PRESENT

Kris shuddered. He  had not expected his mind to wander off to the bitter memories of his past. While he had adored every single moment with her, this particular memory was the least of his favorite. It hurt so much before. And nothing has changed. It still hurt now. 

Melissa was the center of his life. He had been infatuated with her since forever, and knowing that she loved someone else crushed him. 
But that is not the time to think about this he thought. We would be reunited...soon. he assured himself. I don't care if she loved someone else.I don't care if she doesn't care about me. I need to be with her. 

Need. That's a new word.  Melissa was not someone he just needed. She was what he wanted.

Was.  Kris was beyond confused. Something is wrong with him. Something has definitely changed in him . 
Then the image of the newborn original flashed in his mind. And then at that instant he realized.

"Some one has changed me. "

 

LAY's POV  

The wind was crisp, and smooth. It was soothing. This day has been a good one. The perfect weather to die,  Lay gloomily thought. 

I do not enjoy kills as much as other vampires do. I do not go for the chase- it doesn't amuse me. You might as well call me saint. While others lusted the hunt, I hated it. I despise the blood lust. I despise hurting someone.

Trust me, when your power is healing you wouldn't want life drained out of someone. It was antogonizingly contradicting, that I had to convince myself every single day, tha's it's okay. That it is alright that I am a killing machine, and a healer. It was pathetic really, loving and hating yourself at the same time. 

That was me before I met her.

It was because of Melissa that I learned to enjoy life. It was because of her that I had learned to accept who I am completely- not just my healer self, but my vampire self as well.

So isn’t it ironic,  that I am ending the life that I had  learned  to love, because of her  too?

I remembered the newborn original. I wonder how she is now. I wonder if she will be okay in the morning. I wonder wonder if she will remember me. I wonder- I sighed. I know it is impossible but I wonder if I would ever see her gain.

You could. You know you don’t have to do this. You don’t have to die.

That made me stop.

Am I having second thoughts?

 

LUHAN’S POV

To say that we were quiet is such an understatement. It was deafening with no one speaking their minds. It was driving me insane. Even Tao who was born a chatterbox did not even utter a word since- since we left her. I shivered .It is not really good to remember her right now Luhan. I scolded myself.

For the nth time I sighed. I am about to die and I could really use a distraction right now.

I tried to ward off thoughts that remind me of her. But that darn newborn original had been bothering my mind since I laid my eyes off her.

She was  god forsakenly beautiful, and  as much as I hate to admit it, she’s awfully strong. And that made me want her more.

God Luhan- I mentally smacked myself. I am doing it again. I am thinking about her again.

But it is hard not  to, when she smelt like her- Melissa that is. I almost thought she was alive, and that everything was just a bad dream. But as soon as I saw her face, I realized I had been wrong. Sure Melissa was beautiful like a candle in the  dark. And just like a moth, I was drawn to such radiance.  But that girl- she was like the sun, blazing with immense heat, blazing with power. And I know,it would burn me to touch her- but if that’s what it takes to be with her, I would gladly do so.

Sure  Melissa meant the world to me . But that girl,  it was as if she meant the entire universe. 

Did I just say that? I glanced towards Lay’s direction. He can detect aura, and I am as sure as hell that if he sensed what I am feeling right now, he would attack me with all his might. I just admitted to myself that I wanted someone- someone else other than Melissa. And that is forbidden. It is so wrong, but it felt so right. I wanted her. So much.

But that attack never came for Lay was too busy with his thoughts. I watched him  in amusement until  he abruptly stopped from his tracks. Everyone stopped as well. We thought he had sensed danger- but it is  when I briefly locked my eyes with his that I realized what made him stop- confusion. He was confused as well. He wanted her as well.