THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
 

SUHO’S POV

It has been three days since we came in this mansion- and yet nothing has changed. The prophecized maiden together with the guardians are not yet awake. While the others occasionally check upon the seven guardians, Kai on the other hand has planted himself beside her. It has been three days and he still hasn’t left that room ever since. 

“Hyuuung~” Here we go again. I mentally slapped myself.

“Hyuuuung~” Ignore him Suho. You can do this.

“Hyuuuuung~” God.

“WHAT?” I asked. He just gave me  a cheeky grin in response.

Since day 1 Chanyeol had been pestering me about eating human food yada yada. But because we don’t know when will the vampires wake up, I did not allow anyone to leave the mansion except for hunting animals of course.

“Hyung” This time it was DO who spoke. And by his tone of voice I could tell. He too has reached his limits.

“I understand your reasons for not allowing us to go out. But 3 days have passed. While our wolf side can stomach to eat squirrels and rabbits forever,our human side can no longer bear this. Allow us to go out? Please?" He said without even pausing. 

I sighed. “Fine. You go buy decent food. Take Kai with you.”

“But Hyung-”

“No buts D.O. If you manage to get Kai out of that hellhole you can go out.” I felt a small tug on my lips when I heard him stoping his feet towards the stairs.

“May the odds be in your favour kyungsoo-yah” I chuckled.

 

D.O’S POV

“YAH!” I shouted as I trodded towards where Kai was standing. He was at the far end of the room boring holes to the maiden’s bed, obviously unfazed by my presence.

I placed my handson my waist as I approached him. I poked his cheeks “Yah” I said through gritted teeth.

But he still didn’t budge. “Kim Jongin will you listen to me?”

“Nope” He said flatly.

“You, Me. Out. To the market”

“Nope” Now he’s really getting under my skin.

“I won’t take no for an answer” I rolled my eyes.

“Nope” He said, his eyes still not on me.

“Kai-“ I was about to scold him when he looked at me with such sadness in his eyes that I knew I had to stop.

“When will she wake up hyung?” his voice croaked. I had never seen this side of him before. His eyes were full of concern, full of sadness.

This is the first time he had actually  talked to someone, after she didn’t wake up on the first night. And I don’t have the heart to lash out on him. Not when he is like this.

I patted his back, in an attempt to ease his feelings. But I know, I can never take away his doubts, his fears.

Seeing our second to the youngest maknae going crazy for her, I am beginning to hate sharing a girl with him. I know it is inevitable, but could I really hurt Kai for the sake of marking her?

I looked at Kai again, and I shuddered. I can’t.

 

KRIS’S POV

As soon as I opened my eyes I was welcomed by a blinding light. I can’t see anything or anyone. But I can smell someone- Melissa.

“Am I dead?” I asked myself but no words escaped from my lips. I tried to touch my throat- or at least where I thought  my throat was. But  I can’t feel anything. What is happening?

“Kris” I heard someone call me. “Who are you?” I asked. Her voice was familiar, but it felt distant. It felt as if it was once a part of me, but now, those ties are severed.

“Why didn’t you do it?” She asked. “What?” I questioned back.

“Killing yourself” As soon as those words escaped from her lips I had felt a sharp pain on my heart. “Me-melissa” My voice croaked.

“I told you to kill yourself” She said. Her voice was full of menace, full of authority. She’s not happy. I had made her unhappy.

“It’s not my fault” I staggered to pull myself together as I felt air being squeezed out of my lungs. God this is  pure torture.

“Me neither” She said as blood trickled  from my chest.

So that was what it was- a bad dream. I said to myself as my eyes fluttered open, for real. I rose from the bed, and looked around. Isn’t this my room? I asked myself. This was the mansion where Melissa and us used to reside. I remember how she used to stay here, with me. It was those rare times where I had felt that she truly loved me. But now, I don’t know. Rather, I know , but I don’t want to admit it.

As soon as my feet landed on the wooden floor, I had heard shuffling noises outside.

I gulped as the scent of werewolves overwhelmed my senses. Suddenly waves of memories flooded my mind. That’s right. I was fighting with one of their kind earlier. So what am I doing back here?Am I being held as a prisoner? But I am not restrained or anything.
I was busy figuring out why, when the door suddenly burst open.

.

 

CHANYEOL’S POV

I was about to check upon the panda guy when my eyes landed on a slightly opened door before it- a guy was sitting  there. I had recognized him- he was the one who injured Baekhyun hyung. So he is awake already. He was sitting as if pondering about something.

I was too surprised that I did what I thought would be the right thing to do. I rushed inside without thinking twice.

But seeing how I can’t find any right words to say at this moment, I immediately regret what I just did.

“Uh…hehe…annyeong?” I awkwardly began. He just looked at me as if I had grown three heads. I was about to say something-anything, but when I blinked he was already  gone.