THE PROPHECY|THE MISSION

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

THE PROPHECY|THE MISSION

*FLASHBACK

 

SUHO'S POV

 

 

I was born different from ordinary wolves. I was faster, stronger, bigger. More than that, I have the ability to control the element of water.

I don't like hurting anyone. But with the immense strength that I have it is impossible not to.

I have always asked why. I never asked to be different. I never asked to become like this.

I hated it. 

But then I met my brothers- my allies, my own kind. They were like me- special, unlike the rest of the werewolves. So I made them join my pack and began searching for the reason why, why we are different.

It was a long journey, and we thought it was all for nothing. Until by fate we had come across an original- a strikingly beautiful female vampire. We thought she would attack us, but no. I remember her blue eyes, they were beyond mesmerizing by the way they glistened in the moonlight . As soon as eyes met, hers twinkled as if she had been expecting for us. 

"You want to know why you are different" We subconsciously nodded.We were stunned by the way she spoke. Her voice was music to our ears- electrifying, addictive, intoxicating, the we didn't ask why she knew what we are looking for.

"You are the other half" she said. 

"Other half?" I managed to ask. She nodded before proceding. 

"You are destined to protect your mate- the prophecized maiden. That is why you're different" Her lips curled into a small smile.

" You must find her at  the next full moon. Before she shares her blood to the other half. 6 vampires- all of which ae guardians. You must kill them to save her from the dark fate that awaits her. "

And then she was gone. 

And we were left with more questions than answers. Who is she? How will we able to find her? 

For the next few days after  that, my pack decided to stay near where we found the mysterious original. We roamed around the forest in hopes of searching the prophecized maiden she was talking about.

And at the night of the full moon-we sensed something- someone powerful. A newborn. We were about to follow that source of strength when we came across hunters- a large group of hunters.Which is odd, since hunters do not travel in groups, nor fight as one - unless  they intend to fight something really powerful.

Then it dawned to me. They are looking for her too, the newborn.

I looked at Byun Baekhyun, a member of my pack, who returned my gaze. He was thinking what I am thinking.

Could  that newborn be the the prophecized maiden?

I looked back at the hunters, before exchanging  looks with my members.

 

If  she is  then we can’t let anything happen to her.

If she is we need to kill anyone that intends to hurt her.

If she is we need to eradicate every single hunter in this place.

 

All of them.

 

 

BAEKHYUN’S POV

 

The sun has already risen when we had managed to kill the last one of them- the hunters that is. I had not expected Suho hyung to command that. I have known him for a long time and he is not the type to request a mass murder. But I guess he knew we can’t stop them if we don’t kill them. And we have to, in any way to protect her- our mate, the maiden in the prophecy.

“Hyung…” I muttered, after I  manage to snap one of the hunter’s heads. “What.do. we. do .now?” I asked in between heavy breaths. Killing a battalionof tained hunters has taken a huge toll on my body.

“We need to find her” he said. I could tell by his voice that he is tired too. But not as tired as the rest of us. I mentally chuckled. He is really our alpha.

“But we also need to find the guardians. So we need to separate.” Suho hyung spoke in his usual leader tone.

“Baehyun, Kai. You go with me. We’ll look for the prophecized maiden. Chanyeol, you go with D.O. You go find the guardians.”

With a nod, the rest sped off to fulfil their mission . While I, Kai and Suho hyung disappeared in the blink of an eye.Thanks to Kai’s ability. -towards the spot where we can feel the immense strength radiating.

Towards where she is.

 

 

 


CHANYEOL’S POV

Several twigs snapped as we trodded in the forest. It was a warm sunny day and I like it. I love the heat- the sunshine.

If not for our fatigue I would have switched back to my human self, so that I could enjoy the sight more.

“Kyungsoo-yah ~” I chirped. Though in my wolf state, it just sounded as a howl.

D.O. threw me a deadly stare. But I ignored him, and continued to bother him anyway.

“Kyungsoo-yah.~”

“For the nth time Chanyeol will you please shut up?”

“Wae so grumpy?” tsk. I snickered.  I am bored and since there is no one else to bother aside from him,  I have decided to annoy D.O. to death.

Before I could open my mouth to say something again, I was momentarily surprised by what I saw. In front of us stood a huge mansion. It looks very old but nevertheless it is beautiful. Must belong to a wealthy family I guess.

“Woah, Daebak.” I said as my eyes roamed around.”Kyungsoo yah-“ huh? Where did he go?

“Kyungsoo yah?” That’s strange. He was just here with me moments ago. I guess I’ll have to show myself around then.

I shifted to my human form as I tried to find the main entrance. Bingo. I muttered as a huge door appeared  before  my eyes. Should I knock? Nah. I’ll  just force myself in. But it seems that I didn’t have for when I turned the knob, the door opened.

And I was greeted by the smell of blood. But not just ordinary blood.

This was too bitter. Too unnatural.

Only one kind possess this kind of stench.

Vampires.

 

“They are here.”  My heart momentarily stopped as someone suddenly stepped  out from the dark.

“W-who are you?” I said.

“Are you an idiot?”

Oh. God. It’s just him. I sighed.

“Damn you Kyungsoo! I almost had a heart attack because of you” I said in between pants.

“Not my fault. Now get your mind out of the gutter and let’s find them, and get this over with.” Then he walked out. What a meanie. Damn this guy and his attitude today. I miss my  Baekhyunnie. Kyungsoo is no fun.

“Alright” I said as I went towards the stairs. I shifted to my wolf form and as silent as I ca, as I proceeded to climbing the grandstaircase. As I  reached the end,it had led me to a dark hallway. Creepy. I thought as I felt the back of my hair stand. The area was damn cold, you wouldn’t even believe it was sunny and warm outside.

I shifted once again to my human form.I opened my palm and there a ball of fire illuminated the glum hallway."Much better" I mumbled.

“This place is freezing. Definitely not my style” I muttered as I carefully walked towards the hallway.  I passed a couple of doors – 6 doors to be exact before I ended up in front of an elegantly carved door. A name was engraved in front of it- Melissa.

“A girl’s room perhaps?” I said to myself. I was about to open the door when I heard a series of grunts, and groans inside.

I felt presence behind me and I immediately tensed.”Chanyeol did you-” God. It's just D.O.

“SHH” I said as I motioned him to the door. His eyes widened (if that’s still possible)  as he heard it too- the weird noises.

“It seems like someone is hurt inside” He whispered. And with a final exchange of glances we both kicked the door open.

 

D.O’S POV

 

To say I was surprised by what I saw behind that door was an understatement. Four  bodies-  vampire bodies were lying on the couch, motionless as if they're already dead.

They are all wounded- and blood oozed freely from their neck. They were bitten, mostly likely by a wolf. And their chest? They were clawed, most probably done by a wolf too.

But who did this? I meanI didn't catch any of my own kind's scent in this place, which means no wolf has been here. So who did this?

“Kyungsoo, I heard Chanyeol yell. “ there is another one here too.” I followed his voice. Another door was in the far corner of the room. When I opened it, I saw a bed. It was covered in blood, coming from the guy lying on it. He is wounded in the way the other four are.

This is strange. What are the odds of being wounded in the same place at the same time?

Oh. Could it be that they were linked?  I’ve heard of it before. It is the way vampires- no guardians end their life together- to follow their original, the one's they have blood bonded with. 

So these guys were guardians. Could it be, that  they are the ones were looking for?

But, only five are here. Where is the sixth? My breath hitched as I managed to put the  pieces together.

 

The sixth one. He is the center He was the one injured. He’s out  there somewhere.

So what do we do? We can’t kill them one by one. They can only be killed by killing the center first.

 

Chanyeol must have thought the same, for he looked me with questions in his eyes.

“We need to tell Suho hyung.” I managed to say.

“We’re leaving them?’He was baffled by what I was telling him to do.

 

“No. You go. I’ll stay”

 

“No” He growled. “I am not going anywhere without you let alone leave you in a room filled with vampires” Sometimes Chanyeol can really be annoying. But I understand where he is coming from. We are in one pack. We’re supposed to look out for each other.

“Look, I don’t know if you didn’t notice but the vampires you are talking about  are bleeding to death. In that state they can’t hurt me. Besides,we need to know what is happening here. And Suho-hyung  is the only one who can help us”

I looked at him in the eyes. He is torn between being a good friend and being a good member. He really did not want to go.

So with one last attempt to make him go, I muttered.

 

“Leave Chanyeol-ah.  I will be waiting”