SERIES OF CONFRONTATIONS

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

SERIES OF CONFRONTATIONS | 1



CHANYEOL’S POV

We all watched as the prophecized maiden broke down. She was sobbing and wailing uncontrollably.

Whether it was because of sadness, annoyance or frustration we don’t know.

This is that guy’s fault. That , who dare he think he is looking down on her like that. I huffed. Really. She is an original. The strongest of all the strongest. And she crying for a guy is just plain absurd.

“My lady” The guy with bloated cheeks tried to console her for the hundredth time. But she just sat there, looked away and continued to  cry her heart out.

She looked so vulnerable that if  if not for everyone who was watching, I would go there, wrap my arms around her and assure that everything will okay.

“Please, stop. This is my fault ,I‘m sorry” He tried to touch her, but she slapped his hands away from her.

“Don’t touch me. You should hate me too.”

I felt it- through those words. She is not annoyed, sad or frustrated. She is mad at herself.

She loathes herself.

“I- I  m-made him like that.” She said through broken sobs.

“I made him turn his emotions off.” She rambled as we helplessly watched.

“Oh god. He will go through what I went through”

“I am such an unforgivable person- I-“

Before she could continue, Kai had scooped her from her bed and took her away, while we remained dazed, unsure of what just happened.

The guardians were about to follow when I stopped them from leaving the room.

“Leave them alone. We need to talk”
I just hope  that these vampires would be a tad more cooperative than their son of a leader.

 

 

KAI’S POV

She was shivering in my arms. Never I had seen someone this fragile my entire live. I had lived with Suho hyung for as long as I remember. I never had the chance to look out for other people. I was trained to fight, not to care. So when I saw them for the first time- her tears I was frozen, unsure of what I should do.

So I watched her as she sobbed, though it pained every fiber of my being to see her cry.

But when she started rambling about how she hates herself, and she blames herself for everything, I had lost it.

Screw it. I said. I will take her away, and I will try to remove that sadness in her eyes.

As much as I can.

I looked at her as she continued talking about blaming herself for everything. I mentally cursed. Why does she care so much?

I had carried her downstairs when I came across one room- a very big bathroom to be precise.

I smirked as I thought of something that would distract her thoughts from her problems.

 Time to take I bath. I mentally chuckled.

 

BLAZE’S POV

I will never forget the way he looked at me with such disdain and disgust. He made me feel like trash- like someone who shall not exist.

He said he will make my life a living hell. He just did.

For as long as he is there, as long as he with us, I will be forever reminded of the monster that I have become.

“I had killed not just lives, but dreams. I had destroyed not just families, but also brotherhood. I-I-“ I said as I began to tear up again.

I was about to continue beating myself up, but as I tried to follow through the list of my sins, I had been dropped to a tub.

Filled with  freezing water.

“HOLY ” I screamed. I was drenched from head to toe. I immediately  glared at the person responsible for this. There he was -Kai, holding his stomach as he laughed his off.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I asked him irritatingly, as I tried to rise from the tub.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He asked me , a grin was plastered on his face as he dissapeared only to reappear in fornt of  me andd pushed me back inside.

I looked away as a lump formed in my throat. Did he really have to ask that now?

“I don’t want to answer you” I spat. He then walked towards me, and kneeled in front of me.

“Look at me” Of course I did not comply. He sighed as he grabbed my shoulders forcing me to face him.

“You’re not a monster” He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes. “You have no idea what I am” I said as I stared right into his eyes.

“I kill innocent people. I destroy lives. Do you even know my name?” He shook his head. “Well, mister,just so you know, the name of the demon in front of you is Blaze, and if you still want to live a peaceful life, I suggest you go away, like what that guy did. I suggest you hate me too, like what that guy did. I suggest you--“ I was abruptly stopped when he put his finger in front of my lips.

“Blaze, what is he to you?” My breath hitched  as he suddenly asked that question. What is Xiumin’s leader to me?

“Do you care for him?” He asked. His voice was calm, but his eyes were far from being calm. Something is wrong and he won't tell me. What is he hiding? 

“I-I don’t” He sighed. I averted my eyes from him as I chewed my lip nervously. Damn this guy. Why is he acting so weird?

“Blaze” He called me once again as he closed the gap between us, until we are only one hairstrand away from each other's faces.I was surprised by our closeness this time that I had no time to escape- I had not managed to look away.  He was staring deeply into my eyes when he asked,

“And me, what am I to you?”