SIDEEFFECT

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

KAI’S POV

“How could you?” I snarled as soon as I materialized in front of Suho’s face.

“Calm down Kai. It’s not what you really feel. It’s the mark” He calmly pried my hands away from his collar.

“That’s unfair and you know it” I spat. Maybe it’s really mark that’s turning me into this whiny little wolf that dared bare his fangs against his alpha but I don't know. This rage is eating me. And I don't have any plans of running away from it. 

Imprinting on someone is like falling in the pits of hell-you are being burned alive as you fall, and yet you wish the pit does not end, letting yourself fall deeper and deeper, letting yourself be burnt until you’re nothing but ashes. But turning into ashes is a luxury you can’t have. The imprint has no absolute ending,  the pit is always there, and you are infinitely into the burning pit of oblivion.

Everyday, I let myself fall down that pit- fall in love with her, and with that love is the urge to feel her, to touch her, to be with her.

So imagine my rage when I found out, where he had marked her- her lips. Call me whiny, but how do I touch her so close without smelling Suho’s stench all over her face.

“You could have marked her anywhere but there- you cheater!”

He then turned his direction once again towards me.”You have the nerve to talk about not being fair? I am your alpha, and you marked her first, now you tell me what kind of fair do you want Kai? “

His golden eyes looked at me as if I am nothing- as if any moment he could bite off my head, which is not impossible- he is the alpha of our pack afterall. Wonder why the alpha always has the last word? the authority? 

It's because of those signals they are sending- they may not be even aware of it themselves but they do have those- death aura that mostly shows through their eyes. It is a force that if strong enough has the ability to make  you kneel in fright, shake in intimidation and cower in defeat. 

Suho rarely used that alpha advantage. He rarely forces us to do something against our will.
He has never used it with me. There was no need. 
Except now of course. Where I had crossed the line too much. 

And just like that I was brought back to my senses. I cowered, my internal wolf senses kicking in,  recognizing the authority of my alpha. “Oh my God. I’m so sorry. I was-“

Suho just waved his hand dismissively as if nothing had happened. I had been an embarrassment to this clan and to Suho. Twice. I buried my face under my palms. Kai you idiot. Learn to control your emotions will you.

“It’s good that you snapped out of it, or else he could have skinned you alive”

I looked up and saw the auburn haired vampire named Luhan standing in fornt of me. “He wouldn’t do that. He knew what I was going through.’ I muttered.

“Is that so?” He cocked his brows, as if unsatisfied with my answer. “He probably just waited for it to cease- the jealousy  effects of the imprint I mean.” I lowered my voice as I continued. “God what was I thinking”

“You have a sensible leader, and while pretty I’m sure he knows what you’re going through, I suggest you try asking yourself, if he knows what he is going through.”

“What?” I asked baffled by his previous statement.

“When I said, he would skin you alive if you have pushed it too far, I wasn’t lying. Think about it Kai, he marked her too. He too is affected by the imprint as much as you are. And picking up a fight with him, because of his mark’s location- her lips, practically meant you tried to kiss her. Now how would that make our equally jealous leader of the wolf pack feel?”

“He definitely would want to kill me” I answered, tasting bitterness on my mouth. Why do I have to be such a careless idiot. It’s not that I am worrying that he’d actually skin me alive. But it’s more of worrying that I really did push him off  his limits today. Trust me. Killing, or hurting someone is much more easier than holding back without doing anything.

“I know that feeling you know” Luhan suddenly muttered, bringing me back to reality.

“I’m sorry?” I asked, clueless as to what he has previously said.

“the thing about holding back-“ he spoke, but then his eyes widened realizing he had let something slip.

“Holy you can read minds?” I asked dumbfounded.

“Sort of.” He smiled. Such a pretty boy. Why are you not a woman?.

“Kai, I can hear you.” He said with such a straightface I could have died laughing.

“I know I did that on purpose. Just to see if you would blush.HAHAHAHA”

“ off. I ‘m out of here” He said before playfully kicking me on the shin.

“That hurts!” I shouted. “I know! Did that on purpose!” He said with a chuckle before completely disappearing in the darkness.