BRAND NEW OATH

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

 

BRAND NEW OATH| 2

KRIS'S POV

 

One last shove, and this would be over. I am starting to regret being the center now. Goddamn it. If I had known it would hurt this much, I should have just slammed it into my chest with great force so by the moment I am done, my heart was as good as a barbecue on a stick. Instead, I am suffering and in agony, because  newsflash I am sharing everyone's pain. And it doesn't feel good, trust me. 

"Ugh" I groaned for the hundredth time. I looked around. I caught a glimpse of LuHan. He was kneeling, his face contorted in pain.  Suddenly  I felt guilty. Stabbing myself must have caught everyone off guard. But it was better that way- after hearing those thoughts from someone whoever it was, I realized I had to end this quick . I can't afford to actually laze around and give chance to that someone to act upon his or their thoughts.

I shifted my gaze to Chen, Lay and Tao. They were clutching their chests ike crazy. I can hear them screaming in agony. Can't blame them though. This stake burns like hell. 

It was when I turned to my right that I noticed XiuMin hyung. He was already awake, and to say that he is mad would be an understatement. Hell, with those daggers he is shooting me right now I definitely got the message.  If he could, he would burn me alive, feed me to werewolves, Wait up,  was that too cruel? I looked back at him again. Nope. He was definitely mad and I'm sure if he could, he will rip my throat out right here, right now,

I am sure as hell  that I don't want his face to be the last image in my head before I die, so  instead of him I focused on the magnificent glory of the Tree of Life. When the  sun shines. we will be nothing but heap of dust and dirt. On the brighter side, however I get to be with her- I get to be with Melissa. I focused on that brighter side and continued pushing the stake closer to where my dead heart lies. 

Just one last shove and everything will be over- just one last-

"What part of not hurting him did you not understand?"  A woman's  voice echoed in the forest. Boy, she was raging mad. Great. Another mad soul at Wu Fan. What have I done this time?   

Uh. I must be hallucinating. Must be the pain. It's impossible. We left her there. You're dying Kris. Get over it. 

 But I can smell her- the newborn original that is. 

 

BLAZE’S POV

Once I got  to the location where the screams were, I was shocked no, I  was petrified to see my unwanted visitors howling in pain.

I wanted to attend to each one of them believe me. Must be the emotions thing, but I could only accommodate one person at the moment, and that is XiuMin.

"OhmyGodXiuMIn.Whatiswrongwithyou?" Seeing him writhing in pain, I didn’t even have the time to breathe.I need to help him, now. I growled.

XiuMin gasped, as if he’s losing air. He’s hurt. Goddamnit. He’s dying. But he’s not bleeding. Okay.I am officially panicking now.   I need to know what’s wrong. I looked around. Everyone is in the same state as he was. I really need to find out what’s happening but no one in this ing place  is in their ing right minds to answer my question.

I shifted my gaze towards the leader. He was driving a stake in his chest. Wait what?

Is this guy insane?

No. Sure he was like a mad man appearing in front of my doorstep  demanding my emotions back on. But hey, he was a wise leader, that I could tell with the way he handled his comrades. So  Why? Why is he  doing this?

 If he is not  an idiot-

My eyes widened as I put the pieces together. He did this for a reason. They are here for a reason.

Here, in the bottom of nowhere their leader  is stabbing himself.  Five of his companions are writhing in pain in the same exact spot. Think Blaze. Think.

Dear Lord. Are they trying to commit suicide?  So my presence is not needed here then. I mean, sure it is sad, heck it is devastating to see Xiu Min die, if it was his choice what right do I have to prevent him  from doing so? Sure I cared for him, a lot but I am not an important part of his life to decide his fate. He has his own will.

Screw this brand new conscience of mine. I can’t even get straight to the point.

I almost jumped in surprise when Xiu Min weakly touched my hand. “S-stop him” he muttered. 

As soon as those words fell from his lips, I realized something. He did not want this. And that was more than enough for me. I am going to keep him alive.

 

No matter what it takes.