SERIES OF CONFRONTATIONS

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 


SERIES OF CONFRONTATIONS|2
 


Suho’s POV

This day has been a busy one. A lot of things happened. A lot of things changed. I looked at the creatures my pack is currently standing with. There were 5 of them-five equally powerful guardians who from now on we must get along.

I gulped before speaking.

“Annyeonghashimnika” I began. “I am Suho the leader of this pack”

One of them huffed.I looked at him and as I examined his features, I had noticed he had this dark cirlces around his eyes. He almost looked like a panda, if not on the way he glared at me. Panda's are nice creatures. Well to us, because we were their predators.More than that Panda's don't shoot daggers-but this one does. And if it was real daggers,  he was shooting thorugh his eyes  I’d be as good as dog meat right now.I shook my head. It's not good talking about pandas at this moment. 

“You don’t actually think we’re in good terms with you now don’t you?” I turned my head towards the vampire who just spoke. What is his name again ?Xiumin?

“You don’t talk to our alpha like that” Chanyeol growled. His palms literally burning with annoyance.

I raised my hand to stop him. We can’t afford to fight like this right now. The maiden is as broken as she is. I don’t think more of nonsense fights would do good for her.

Besides even though I hate to admit it- we need them, to protect her from whatever harm awaits from her.

So even it means, shaking hands with the vampires  I’ll do that.


Because I am the alpha. And I am her mate.

“We serve the same purpose.” I said, sounding more confident than I really am. For the past years I had managed to perfect this craft  of mine: appear happy when sad, appear confident when scared and appear brave even though I have my own share of fears.Because that is what I have to do. That is who I have to be- for my members , for the people who trust me with all of their lives, for the six people who believed in me.

Their eyebrows just cocked in response to what I said. When no one said anything , I continued.

“You heard your leader. He wants witches. And she is the key to those witches.”

“You also heard him” The guy who looked practically  like a doll spoke up. “We have the choice to leave him alone in this.” The other vampires looked at him incredulously.

“Luhan hyung” One had grabbed his shirt as his jaws clenched “What is this you’re talking about?” He spat.

“The truth Chen, nothing but the truth” The one named Luhan replied as he looked deep into the other’s eyes.

“You have the choice” I butted in as I went closer to the two arguing vampires. “But I know you won’t do it” I said stopping one  step away from them.

“What?” Both of them snapped.

I smiled. “Because I am a leader too. And I believe in my members. And just like my own pack,  I am sure as hell you believe in him too. So much, that you won’t leave him alone in this. You will follow him no matter how it hurts. No matter how insane his plans are. Because he is your leader, and you care for him.”

“That is not necessarily true” The guy with puffy cheeks stepped up.

“I left him. And now he doesn’t want anything from me” He said, as he averted his gaze towards the window.

“But you still care for him” I pointed out. “It’s never too late”

He looked at me, and for a second I thought he had thanked me. And that was enough for me to think that things would be well. That we could actually be well.

Until Xiumin said something wolves can never comprehend.

“That would be easy, if he hadn’t turned his emotions off.”He said as he everted his gaze from me.

“Uh, did you just say he turned his emotions off?” D.O. asked.

XiuMin nodded.

“Is that even possible?” Chanyeol asked.

“You didn’t know?”  The guy with the dark circles mockingly huffed. “Vampires, had that ability since forever. You know-shutting off  human instincts too feel nothing. Unlike you," he spat "we can’t survive on animal blood. You’re half werewolves half human.But us, we are no human. Well at least we are no longer human. We are vampires. But we have  conscience. And you know, when you rip someone’s throat, that conscience ” He said as a matter of factly.

“If that’s the case, why didn’t you just turn it off forever?” D.O. replied.

“Because” he began. “We lose control” He said as I saw a flicker of guilt in his eyes. Xiumin came to comfort him, but he slapped his hands away.

“Don’t touch me” He growled. “Duizhang became like this because of you.” He said, anger radiating through his words.

“Tao” The one named Luhan scolded him, but no avail. He continued to stare towards Xiumin with contempt as he moved away from him.

For a moment the room was filled with silence, until…

“So what do you do now?” The vampire at the corner for the first time calmly spoke. His face looked more gentle that the others. I don’t know why, but I feel the most at ease with him.

“I think, you, more than us need to answer that. Your leader has made his decision. He’s with us until he finds a witch. So you decide. Where will you go, what will you do.”

“I will go with you” He said.D.O.’s eyes turned saucers. While Chanyeol turned blue as if he had forgotten to breathe.

“Lay Hyung!” The guy named Tao whined. But Lay just looked at him with kind eyes before he spoke.

“We need to turn back Duizhang’s emotions.” He said as if explaining his decision. “He’s right. We cant’ leave him alone. If he still wanted to complete our mission after that, I ‘ll join him. But now, he is irrational. He is not acting on his own will. And we have to change that."

"So who’s with me?” he asked as he looked at everyone.

I watched him as those words rolled out of his toungue. Even I was convinced. 

“I’ll go” The pretty boy named Luhan said.

“Nado” Chen also replied.

“Do I have any choice?” Tao huffed before grabbing Xiumin’s shoulders.

“And you…” his voice croaked.”You will come with us if you want me to forgive you.” He said before giving Xiumin a pat.

“I will”. He said, as he looked at Tao with tender eyes, as if saying

 “Thankyou for giving me  a chance

…brother.”