A NEW GOAL | 2

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

A NEW GOAL | 2

BLAZE’S POV

I had been meaning to ask that question since I came into this room. By the moment Kai and I reappeared, everyone started casually telling their names and showcasing their power without even explaining what is all of this about.

“You heard me, what is going on?.” I asked as they all looked at me as if I’ve grown more than two fangs.

“Blaze” Kai said as he  settled me into the bed. “You need to know something about yourself” he gulped before continuing “and about us”

“Then tell me” I said as I looked him into the eye.He stared at me for seconds before he looked at his alpha-Suho.

“None of this is a coincidence Blaze-you becoming an original, the link, the bloodbonding, and us. We are here for a reason” Suho spoke calmly as if he had been expecting this, as if he had rehearsed what to say for a long time.

“Then enlighten me” I tried to raise my voice but my it ended broke. There is something these people are hiding from me, and I hate it. Why can’t they just tell?

“We are wolves with special powers-we are one of a kind. And for years we have been searching for the reason why. And you Blaze you are the reason” The alpha said as he trodded towards me.

“You” Kai, whispered to my ear “are the reason for our existence”.

“How?” I asked.

“One night we met a beautiful vampire-an original like you. She possesses those magnificent blue eyes that-“

“WHAT?”

Suho was startled when one of the vampires snapped.

“Did-did you just say that her eyes were blue?” Tao asked as he looked at Suho increduluously.

“Is-is it possible Lay?” It was Luhan’s turn to ask.

I was to ask what the commotion is about-and then I remembered it. Those sapphire blue eyes that stared right at me as she drank my blood- Melissa.

The wolves met her?Why ? How? When?

And as if he read my mind Suho continued. “A few days before the full moon.Before you blood bonded with him. She said that we have to stop it or else bad things would happen” He took a deep breath before saying another thing that made my blood curdle “She told us to kill them”

My jaw clenched. My knuckles turned white. This doesn’t make sense.

“But she turned me. They are her guardians. They loved her. Why, why would she do this?” I said as I grabbed my hair. This is too much for me.

“She told us we should protect you” This time is was Kai.He loosened my grip to my hair and held my hand as his other gently my hair.

“And why did you do everything that she has told you?” I mumbled as I asked to no one in particular.

 “Because  you are our mate” Suho stepped forward and kneeled in front of me. He cupped my face and using his thumb he wiped the tears that has escaped in my eyes.

 “and in our life where nothing had ever made sense, having someone to protect made us believe that we exist for a reason.”

And knowing you are that reason, now everything makes sense.

 

Suho’s POV

Three days have passed since that night. The night where everything has been revealed.

We stayed in the mansion, mainly because Blaze never wanted to leave her room. She refused to go out, hunt for her food. I’m not sure if it is her conscience of killing humans or if it is because of that night.

Kai suffers as much as she does. He never leaves the back of her door, consistently hoping that one day she’ll open, accept everything and hopefully leave with us.

I closed the book I was currently reading and went upstairs to check up on him.

“Kai” I said as I shook his shoulders. But he was in deep sleep. I sighed. The things you do for the one you love.

“Kyungsoo-ah! Kyungsoo!” My voice echoed around the house and in a split second Do was in front of me.

“Take him to his room” I said. D.O refused to move and just looked at me with pleading eyes.

“I’ll go talk to him when he wakes up. You didn’t take him into his room. I’ll take all the blame” I chuckled as I patted him on the back. He smiled relieved before slinging Kai to his shoulders and disappear from sight.

I sighed as I came face to face in the room where she was in. Eversince that night she had refused to talk to anyone. We could have barged in, destroy her door, but we chose to respect what she’s feeling- she wants to be alone, and so we obliged.

But it has been 3 days already. She’s a vampire. She must be starving.

I knocked, but no one answered. I rotated the knob but it was locked. Grabbing the key from the pocket of my jeans I unlocked the door. And as soon as the door swung open someone lunged in front of me.

I stared at her wide eyed, as her fangs protruded dangerously from . “B-blaze, it’s me Suho” I tried to talk my way out but she’s clearly not listening for seconds after I made a choking sound as her hands crept their way up to my neck.

“B-Blaze…don’t…stop…please..god..’’ I managed to say.  I was about to lose consciousness when someone harshly pried her away from me.

“You  really are a monster” I heard him say, before snapping her head rendering her unconscious.

 

TAO’S POV

I was on my way back to the mansion when I heard it- the sound of someone struggling. I had taken the easier route which is to climb up using the window.

And that was the  scene I saw- Duizhang snapping Blaze’s neck. He looked at her intently before moving on to check upon  Suho hyung who was then lying unconscious on the ground.

What the hell happened here? I asked myself.

“Tao” I heard Duizhang spoke. I stiffened. It felt new, yet familiar. I missed this. This was the first time he came back since that night- when he turned off his emotions.

“Bring Suho downstairs. Let Lay tend to him” He said as he passed the limp Suho to me.

“How about her? “I asked, worried about what he is actually thinking at the moment

“I’ll deal with her” And before I could stop him, he was gone, along with the maiden.