DAEHYUN

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

DAEHYUN 

 

SUHO’S POV

We watched Blaze as her face fell. “D-Daehyun?” She stuttered looking at him as if she had seen a ghost.

“I-is your name Daehyun?” When he nodded she dropped her hand that was previously restraining the human. It was as if she lost her strength. Something is about this human is bothering her. But what?

She was about to open when she shut it again. When her lips moved, for a second, I thought she was about to say something or to ask something but clearly she just dismissed that thought.

She looked straight into his eyes as he fell into a daze. And then she spoke.

“Forget it. Just forget it. Daehyun op-“ Her eyes widened as she realized was she was about to say.

Was she about to call him Oppa?

“Daehyun-shhi. - I uh...I'm sorry I can't do this”

And with a final breath she walked out of the room.  

 

BLAZE’S POV

So his name was Daehyun. I looked up at the dark sky as I let myself wander into my past. For as long as I remember, I lived alone. But there one instance when I didn’t. When someone had actually accepted me.

Daehyun oppa. I was 5 back then. He was 7. He had those brown eyes that is as warm as the fireplace. I tried to stay away from all, afterall I didn’t like to be with someone. But he was persistent, kept on talking and reaching out for me. And one day I cracked. I had opened my heart to him.

At that point in my life, I had a brother who loved me and who I loved. I accepted him.

And that was my big fatal mistake.

I should have known back then that I was meant to be alone.

I should have known that Daehyun oppa, just like everyone else will leave.

I should have known.

“Blaze?” I turned around when I heard someone calling my name.

“Luhan-sshi” I softly muttered. I patted the grass beside the spot where I was sitting. “You want to sit?”

“May I?” I chuckled. Are vampires really supposed to be this formal?

“Of course. I could really use a company right now.” I breathed. Remembering this kind of things is not really nice, especially if you’re alone.

“You’re bothered” He said , his voice full of confidence.

“What, you can read minds now?” I teased.

“No, but I can tell from your eyes. Tell me Blaze. What is bothering you?” I gulped. Right in front me is Luhan asking me to open up for him. Should I?

But what if just like Daehyun oppa, what if-

I gasped as his colds hands held mine. He squeezed them gently and looked at me in the eyes.  “I can’t promise you that I’ll always be here, but I can swear to be with you, body and soul for as long as I can. So please, if you want someone to talk to, please remember that I am here”

I felt a stab in my heart as he said those words. He was being honest. He was leaving soon, as  if he knew exactly what I was thinking.

“Arayo. I know that nothing is permanent.” I began as my voice weakened the same way every fiber of my body did. “But, it’s damn too painful to be left alone”

“All my life, I had let a few people in. Xiumin was the first person I cared about. But Daehyun oppa-he was the first- “ I croaked not being able to continue. I am breaking down in the smallest pieces possible.  Luhan wiped the tears spilling from my eyes as he enveloped me with his arms.

I felt him pat my back encouraging me to continue.

And how I wish I shouldn’t have.

“Daehyun oppa was the first person that I loved.”

Back when I had a little of what humans called emotion.

Back when he was the center of my world.

Back when he was still alive.