63

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

It was nearing lunchtime when the nagging D.O has finally been satisfied with the way the house looked like. He plopped himself comfortably on a sofa.

“Ah so tiring” He mubled. Beside him Tao scoffed. “What tired, you didn’t do anything why are you-“

Tao’s mouth was officially shut off by Xiumin. “Ah , quiet”  he growls.

“So cranky” Tao looked at the elder with menace before wiping  the corner of  his mouth, where Xiumin’s hand has previously landed before turning again to D.O. But as he did, the other’s eyes widened as if there’s no tomorrow “Wae, wae ,wae?” Tao  asked.

“Your eyes, they’ve turned red”

 

“Could it be?” D.O attempted to ask, but in the blink of an eye, Tao and Xiumin had disappeared. Seconds has passed and he remained still, dazed by what he previously saw, until  he heard his own stomach grumble. “Ah, it really must be it” he said to no one before forcefully standing up.

“Alright. “ He said, clasping his hands together. “Let the vampires deal with their hunger issues.  I on the other hand will prepare food for the wolves” He said, before marching off to their brand new kitchen.

 

 

BLAZE’S POV

The sun has risen to its full extent when Sehun and I came back. We were about to head straight home when he suddenly wanted to pick some wild berries. Being the glutton that I am, plus his aegyo that could win a thousand hearts , just followed and did what he wanted.

“I thought wolves only eat meat?” I said, before popping another cherry in my mouth. For some reason it didn’t  taste quite right. As if I got a rotten one, but it doesn’t make sense- getting only rotten cherries for the past 20 minutes.

“I thought vampires only drink blood?” 
"Well I-I-" I was flustered.I totally forgot. I am no longer human. 

His eyes looked at me, before bursting into feats of laughter. 

“Hahahaha Noona, what are you doing right now” He chuckled before flicking his fingers on my forehead.

“Yah.” I playfully threatened him with a stare, before playfully hitting his shoulder. I guess being with made me really happy, that I forgot who I am right now. His brightness has overshadowed my darkness. I frowned a bit.  “I guess I’m not used to being a vampire yet” I mumbled. 

"But you told me , you like this, so I came" Ah. Such a lame excuse, I smacked myself.  "So  tell me, can you eat them just like humans?" I muttered shifting the topic of the conversation. 

Sehun looked at me and slowly closed the distance between us. “Such a clueless noona” he breathed. I tried to take a step backwards, but he held my shoulders firmly to keep me still.

“You can’t be this innocent when you’re with them. You can’t fall in love with any of them either”

“B-bwoh?” At the mention of love, I looked at him incredulously. Just what on the earth is this guy saying.

He inched forward, until his face is  only a hairstrand away from me. My pulse raced. My eyes almost fell out of their sockets. And I’m pretty sure ,my cheeks no matter how pale my skin is , became flushed.

 

 “Ah. Suho hyung’s scent is all over you. Ah. Jinja.”
 

Were his last words before he turned his back, and walked towards the mansion.

I stood there, motionless feeling the thumping of my heart through every fiber of my body.

Kai. Suho. Then Sehun.

 “Noona, ppali!”I heard him shout as he brightly smiled and waved his arms.

“Just, what are  these  guys  doing to me?”

 

 

D.O’S POV

“Oh, you were together?”  I was busy cutting out pork, when I sense two other presence in the kitchen.

“Neh, hyung” Sehun nodded before stepping inside. Probably to take a good look at what I am doing. Following him, was the maiden, who looked awfully pale. I looked at her eyes, and saw two red orbs staring  straight at me. It looked like Tao’s and Xiumin, except that it was the color of fresh pulsing blood.

“By any chance, are you. . .  hungry?” I muttered without thinking. She tilted her head, as if I just said something incoherent.

“No” She shyly mumbled. “Sould she be hungry hyung?” Sehun placed his arm around me, worry flashing across his face.

“Aniyo. It’s just that… the vampires earlier. They had the same red eyes and I figured-“ I was cut off when another presence loomed around the kitchen. I felt tingles all over my body. This presence is not good. I said to myself.

And true enough, someone was indeed there.

Someone, that is the only one unwelcomed in this house.

“Her eyes are naturally red you idiot. “He said before placing an arm around her shoulders. She looked shocked for a moment and disgusted at the next.

“Remove your hand, or I’ll cut it off.” I looked at Sehun, shocked.  He was beyond tense, his eyes blazing with contempt. Soon the utensils around the kitchen began clinking, with wind blowing intensely inside the room.

“Sehun-ah” I made an attempt to grab his shoulders, but then Kris spoke beating me into it.

“Easy, maknae.” He said tauntingly before removing his hands off her.  As soon  as he was at a good distance from the maiden, Sehun stopped the wind. Still the atmosphere was tense, his knuckles turning white, ready to punch Kris if he ever did something stupid.

I almost gave in into asking Sehun, what happened to him and the maiden. They just met yesterday, but he is already being protective to her now.

And maybe I would have asked, if not for Kris diverting the attention of everyone to him again.

“Anyway, where was I….ah… this girl right here… her eyes… they turn not red llike us, but charcoal black. Creepy right?” He said before laughing menacingly.

No one had reacted to what he said. Blaze looked like she felt  uncomfortable, unsafe and unhappy   with him while Sehun looked like he would go crazy anytime.

“What?”You don’t believe me?”  he chuckled. “Alright. Maybe, I should just follow the saying…”

When no one spoke anything he said “Wah. You guys are such meanies. You should ask me about the saying” He grinned.

Still no response.

“Maknae? Sehun right? Would like to make a guess?” He turned to Sehun, a sparkle in his eyes.

This doesn’t look good. I looked at Sehun who was balling his fists. “Don’t push it”

“Partypoopers” Kris muttered before turning his head towards Blaze. The next thing that happened was a blur that not even Sehun managed to stop it.

“Blaze!” I heard myself scream as I and Sehun were forcefully brought down to the floor . A loud thud was heard as Blaze’s limp body came into view.

“You , what did you just do?” I asked Kris, who was holding something that looked like a syringe.

“Since you don’t believe me, I’ll just let you see for yourselves. You know that saying right? To see is to believe?.”

“What?” This time,it was Sehun’s turn to speak while I struggled with all of my might to free myself from thei nvisible force that kpt us from standing up.

“I injected her with something I got from the hunters” He mumbled, sounding bored. “When her eyes turn coal black, which I’m sure will happen, run for your lives, otherwise you’ll be her lunch for today. OR better yet, and the  most practical option of all, kill humans. Blood of kids are the best”

Sehun looked at me horrified.

“Hunters?” I glared at him. “I thought we’re allies?”

“Oh yes we are allies. That’s why we are testing their weapons out so that we could prepare” He explained proudly as if it was the most brilliant idea ever.

“Tell the others to be here by eight pm. I’ll tell you more about this weapon, assuming you’re still alive by that time.”

“Does it have to be her?” I whispered. This guy is really heartless. Tao told me about the emotion’s thing- how it turns someone to their worst. Unfortunately, his stories doesn’t justify the real thing

“Well, would you want it to be you?” He muttered before turning his back on us. “She’s the only one here who doesn’t die.”

“But she’s not excluded from feeling hurt” Sehun said. It must have struck something inside Kris, but that thought was crushed when he turned round and said, “Wasn’t that what made me do this in the first place?”