THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM

 

 

D.O’S POV

 

“So we’re not killing them?” I had asked  this question for a billionth time as soon as Suho hyung  arrived with the others and started explaining how we were late and how they’e already bonded and yada yada.  You can’t blame me. I had considered killing the guardians as my life long  duty, aside from finding my mate of course.

“No.We’re not. You know how blood bonding is Kyungsoo yah. It’s similar to marking. Soon she will develop those feelings of attachment. She will be devastated if we take them away from her” He continued.

“She will not be if we cut off  those feelings before they develop. We can still kill them. ” I said.

Kai immediently tensed and was about to step forward when Suho hyung pulled him back. Okaaay. What is wrong with him?

Suho hyung sighed. “There’s another thing Kyungsoo-yah… Kai already marked her. And through it, he knows, she won’t be able to take it. They are already a part of her”

What.the..did.I.Just.Hear.

“No way.”I  heard Chanyeol react for the first time.

“Uh…he…what?”I stuttered unable to find the right words. He didn’t just betray our alpha right?

Kai looked away guiltily as everyone in the room processed what he has done.

“Yes he did.  He had to do it and I forgave him already. So I expect the same thing from you.” Suho hyung muttered  as he slung his arm to Kai’s shoulder awkwardly. Must be the difference in height, I chuckled in my head.
I was about to give them my decision, well sort of when Chanyeol beat me to it.

“Arasso hyung!” he said with a cheeky grin on his face. This derp.

“Same goes with me” I said while yawning. “We are one remember?” I flashed them  a smile.

“You heard them Kai?” Suho hyung said as he glanced towards the younger one.

“Go get your girl” He said as Kai vanished into thin air.

 

 

KAI’S POV

 

To say that I was relieved was an understatement. I always knew that Suho hyung is a great person. He was a great leader afterall and I had proven that every single battle. He is the most rational among everyone of us, and Baekhyun comes second. While he is the strongest, he is also the softest.

But this time, I had not expected that gentleness to show up, not after I stole our mate from my alpha. I know he was supposed to mark her first, and even if I  had done it with pure intentions, I still stole her way from him. And that can never be undone.

And he forgave me. For everything. Even though I am just Kai.

Sehun has always been the maknae. And even though I was the second,  I had been given a lot of responsibility from Suho hyung. At first I didn’t understand. At first I think it was unfair. But now, I had proven it.

Suho hyung is not just a good person, or a good leader, or a good alpha.

He is a good brother, and he treats us equally. Because he genuinely cares for us. Because he is our friend.

 

“You heard them Kai? Go get your girl”  She is not just my girl hyung.She is yours as much as she is mine.

And I’ll make sure to make her happy not just for me, but for the rest of the pack. Because she is everyone’s happiness. And I can’t, I won’t let that happiness go away.

 

BAEKHYUN’S POV

 

Teleporting to a new dimension would take less than a millisecond. But for me, it was too long. Holding her hand like this, while I’m with the clueless  Kai is so wrong.

I closed my eyes. Byun Baekhyun what are you going to do now?

“Oh. Hyung they're back!”  As I opened my eyes, I came face to face to with Chanyeol, who is as goofy as ever.

“Yeah and ow-“ I gasped in pain as he bear hugged me. Typical Chanyeol. “I miss you Baekhyunnie~”

I rolled my eyes and pretended to be angry “God. Will you please stop being greasy? You’re killing me” I said as I reached out for my broken ribs. Stupid Chanyeol.

“Ooops, Sorry.” He said as he reeleased me. “Why is everyone mad at me today?” He huffed.

I flicked his forehead. “ It’s nice to see you too Chanyeol-ah.”

And just like that he became happy again. Aigoo,this guy. I chuckled.

I was about to tease Chanyeol about him being so easy and shallow, when his attention shifted to someone else.

“Is-is that her? The maiden?” Kai who still has her in his arms absent mindedly nodded.

“Woah. Daebak, Are you sure she’s a vampire and not a fallen angel?” D.O. said as he took a step forward to get a closer look.

“Um, guys” I heard Suho hyung shift uncomfortably behind me as he too inspected the prophecized maiden.

I looked towards where his gaze fell, and as soon as I realized what it was, I nearly choked on my saliva. Her upper garment  was  ripped and a lot of skin is exposed. Damn Suho hyung and his innocence. Before everyone else notice what we noticed  I removed my shirt and threw it on her chest.

Thankfully everyone is too busy ogling at her beauty that they did not- erm focus on that part.

Well, they are not- 5 seconds ago, until Chanyeol of all times decided to be observant.

“Oh. Baekyhun-ah. Why is your shirt here? Here let me give it to you back.”  Chanyeol said as he slowly tried to remove the shirt I had willingly placed there.

“NO!” Both Suho hyung and I shouted as soon as his fingertips reached the cloth. Everyone looked stunned by our sudden outburst..

I mentally slapped my face. This is going to be a long night.