THE CHASE

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

THE CHASE | 2

BAEKHYUN’S POV

As soon as our feet landed on the moist ground- I had felt it. Death. This place is filled with death, pain, torture, agony. It made me shudder as I smelled it- werewolves, humans, their blood scent is everywhere.

“Where are we?” I heard Blaze mumble as her eyes raked the surroundings. She was sad, that I can tell. Whou wouldn’t be? What used to be a fruitful village had become barren. No signs of anyone breathing No signs of-

I felt my breath hitch as I heard it- the sound of someone screaming in pain not too far from here..

Then suddenly we felt hope. Then suddenly there is life. Could it be?

And as if hearing my thoughts everyone sped up towards where that person is.

And when we arrived, God knows we wish we did sooner.

 

CHANYEOL’S POV
 

I don’t know if I should be happy with what I saw.

Sehun was right in front of my eyes. Alive. Breathing.

But he is not the adorable Sehun that I know. His eyes were blazing with anger. Surrounding him were corpses-dead bodies of wolves and…humans?
My hands shook as I realized what happened here.

He lost control. He attacked them. He killed them

And right now he is adding someone to his bucket list.

“Is he, Sehun?” I heard Blaze mumble.

I nodded weakly not being able to comprehend the situation we are currently in.  “Someone stop him.” She said as she looked at me. “He’s killing him”. She added her voice, terrified.

No one moved. Everyone was so frozen that we can’t –we can’t stop him but we can’t tore our eyes away.

I looked at Suho hyung. His hands were balled into fist. I know that look. He is busy blaming himself.

“I like that kid” Kris said  earning looks from everyone.

“Shut up” Kai said through gritted teeth. “I’ll go stop him” he said before disappearing.

 

SUHO’S POV

I watched as Kai was thrown mercilessly on the ground for the hundredth time by the barrier Sehun had placed upon by himself.

Newborns like Sehun were the strongest- yet they are weakest when it comes to controlling their powers. And right now, none of us will be able to penetrate that wall. That I am sure of.

“Hyung” I heard Chanyeol mutter. He wants to fight too. I can’t risk that. Even though Sehun is powerful, the chance still remains that if more one of us attack he might get hurt. And that’s the last thing I would ever want to happen to Sehun. He's just a kid he doesn't deserve this.

“For the last time Chanyeol, no” I growled. As I watched Kai stand up and try again.

 

BLAZE’S POV

I stared at  Kai as he  tried to penetrate the barrier the kid had set to protect himself. And then he failed. Again.

I looked at the boy named Sehun. His eyes were blazing with anger, but I- as insane as it seems I could see kindness on his face. Maybe it is because of his innocence, but more than that there is something that tells me he didn't sign up for this. He was threatened that I could tell that’s why he is acting like this. But who?  What? How?

I gulped as I met eyes with the one he is fighting with before we came here. He is squirming, writhing in pain. His eyes were bulging and he is clasping his throat. I gasped. Sehun’s power is wind. He is stopping him from breathing, and he- he is close to dying.

“Hyung” I loked at Chanyeol who was about to beg Suho again. But the latter was stubborn. Even the vampires wanted to help, but he won’t agree.

He wants Sehun out of this. But he wants him to leave unscathed.

Which is impossible if two or more attack him at the same time.

My eyes twinkled in realization. 

But possible if one doesn’t fight back.

 

KAI’S POV

I watched wide-yed as Blaze took a couple of steps forward.The others were surprised too and exchanged worrying glances as she went nearer to Sehun- well everyone except Kris who is grinning widely.

“Blaze! Get the hell away from him” I shouted. What is she trying to do?

Her blood filled the scene as sharp cuts appeared from her face, her arms and her feet. Sehun created blades of wind as his barrier which is why I can’t pass through it. I’d be torn to shreds if I did.

But Blaze, she heals much faster. But that doesn’t mean she’s not hurt. I felt my jaw clench as she bit her lip. She was struggling as a blade managed to hit her neck.

We gasped as she coughed- blood. “Blaze STEP BACK! DON’T!” Everyone was screaming for her, but I was frozen on the spot. She was determined- very determined to stop Sehun from hurting the human. She wanted to help the both of them no matter what.

I can feel it through the mark. 

And that made me love her more.