A NEW GOAL| 3

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

A NEW GOAL |3
 

 

BLAZE’S POV

As soon as I opened my eyes it kicked in- bloodlust. I found myself being stared at by 5 pairs of frightened eyes. “Humans” I muttered as I my lips.

“Delectable aren’t they?” I swiftly looked towards the direction where the voice was coming from.

“Kris” I  breathed. “Why I am here?”

“You don’t remember?” He snickered. “You almost snapped a dog’s head because you're hungry” he said, menace dripping in his tone.

"I mean I understand we always crave for blood, but wolves? Really?" He snickered.

“I, what?” And the it dawned to me. How I lost control when Suho stepped inside the room. I was so hungry I didn’t recognize it was him.

“I-I didn’t know” I said as I shook my head.

“But now you do” And in a flash he grabbed a little boy’s neck, knife in his hands.

‘’What are you doing?” I asked. I was trembling. He better not do what I am currently thinking at the moment.

“Why fight it Blaze? Why fight the bloodlust?” He spat as his tongue raked the blade of the knife.

“Don’t” I said through gritted teeth as the knife inched closer to the boy’s throat.

My mouth felt unbelievably dry. I my lips as I watched the  blood flow from the human’s throat. It was a treat to my nostrils. The scent was rich and warm, it was very inviting.

I glanced around the room. The humans were terrified, if not they were pleading not to take away their little baby’s life.But I was too intoxicated with the scent. I want it. I need it.

“Either I kill him OR you feed on him” Kris' voice echoed in the room. He was taunting me, mocking me. I saw him smirk.

And I was snapped of my daze. “NO!” I screamed as I lunged towards Kris. I am an original. I am faster. I am stronger.

I kept repeating that as I had managed to throw away the knife along with Kris. I gently laid the boy who passed out on the ground.

I looked towards where Kris had fallen. He was now wiping his hands, while laughing evilly.

“You’re funny” He mockingly said. “You think you can stop me?”

I glanced around the room. 5 mere humans who can’t fight for themselves. How am I supposed to protect all of them from him? From me?  

Besides we both know I have no power against him. He is linked to everyone. I can’t possibly hurt him.

Screw it.

“I can’t. But I’ll try” I said as I lunged towards him. And he laughed. Again. And again.

“I am not the one you should be frightened with”

And then it happened. The scent of blood filling the entire  room.

“You should be afraid of yourself”

I fell  on my knees as I stared at my bloodied hands. I was about to hit Kris but then he used the human as a shield. I had used to much force that what was meant as a punch to a vampire bore a big hole into a human’s chest.

 I killed .someone. Again.  

I draw my hand closer to my face, and just like the monster that I was I it off. I was ashamed. But I couldn’t help it.

Slowly my fangs crept up to his neck, and I drank his blood that were once warm. I closed my eyes, and when I opened it, I saw it- faces of humans, they were scared. They think I am a monster.

But right now, they are food to me. And I am hungry.

It had taken all of my will before I moved on to the next human She was young, probably in her 16. She was crying as I pinned her wrists on the floor.

“I’m sorry” I whispered as my head dived to her neck. But before my fangs can protrude she whispered

“Please don’t hurt me. Please” She was begging. But I want her blood so badly.

No. She doesn’t deserve any of this. I have to let go.

And as if he heard me, Kris muttered.

“Don’t deny it Blaze, you wanted it” He said as he himself plunged his fangs to the younger boy I was trying to save earlier.

And then I lost it. I bit her with so much force  that I had broken her neck.

I felt it -her life being drained as my own was being regenerated.

I looked at Kris who was now wiping his lips. A triumphant smile etched on his face.

He planned this. He wanted me to lost control.

To hurt me.

To get his revenge.

“How long…”I asked as I wiped the blood that was flowing on my mouth. 

I struggled as I tried  to fight it off- the tears that were attempting to escape from my eyes. I won't give this goddamn sick bastard the satisfaction of seeing me cry. Not after this, not after what he did today.

“How long do you plan on hurting me like this?” He kneeled in front of me, and lifted my chin, as he stared at me with contempt and disgust.

“For as long as I live” He whispered before he walked towards the door, leaving me...

Alone. Hurt. Broken.