FROM NOW ON

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

FROM NOW ON|2

 


D.O’S POV

“I think we all agree, that it’s better to make him lose his memories than to  lose him completely.”

I stopped the ground from shaking as those words fell from her lips. And I felt guilty. So that’s what she was feeling all this time??

That’s why she wanted to make Sehunnie forget. Because she wants to forget too, if she can.

She’s right. I don’t know anything. About her, about vampires, and I just assumed that it was in their nature to control people, lure them, because that’s why they do best.

But I never once thought that it was hard on them to-killing that is. Not once, not until I met her.

I felt a squeeze on my back and I held his hand firmly.

“Arayo hyung” I muttered nodding to my alpha. He knew what I just realized. I just wish I had known sooner.

“We agree Blaze” I looked at Suho hyung as he moved away from me and walked towards her. “You did what you have to do.” He said as he clasped her hands into his. “You did well”.

He was cheering her up, but my attention was focused on the skin he was touching. He hadn’t marked her yet. But someone else did. And if he sees this-

“What did I miss?”

Perfect timing, Kai.

 

KAI’S POV

I eyed Suho hyung as he gently removed his hands away from hers. I should'nt be running around jealous of everyone , but I can’t help it. The mark does it, and I- I can’t-

“Nothing much” He said.I sighed as I tried to calm myself down. Relax Kai , he was just comforting her.I looked towards Blaze is.  “Are you alright?” I asked her.

“I will be” She replied before she turned her back on me. I  was puzzled as to where she was going,until she knelt beside a limp body- and it clicked in. Right, she just saved one human.

We all moved towards where she and the almost dead body is lying. As she bit her wrist, I knew what she was about to do. I grabbed her hand.

“What are you doing?” She asked, irritated.

“You’re not a ing well of blood Blaze.” I muttered. I am worried but more than that the idea of her spilling blood for someone’s is just too- unacceptable.

“I’ll just give him some” She said.

“I’ll do it” I looked at the vampire who just spoke. And if it was not Xiumin,the guy she cared the most I would thanked him. But instead I am envious once again.

Oh God. How many times do I have to be jealous today?

I counted the number of heads who are with us.  And I felt blood drained out of my face as reality sank in.

How many times? A lot Kai. A lot.

 

BLAZE’S POV

I looked at Xiumin gratefully as he detached his wrist from the human’s mouth.While I can heal everyone, vampires can only heal humans which makes a guardian like him fit the job.

“We need to bring him back with us” I said to one in particular.

“A human? Really?” I heard someone chuckle. And in an instant the atmosphere became tense. Kai stiffened. The guardians were not breathing either.

“Where have you been?” I asked sounding bored. Why can’t he just disappear during times like this.

“Why? Missed me?” He smirked.

I scoffed. “You wish.”

“Whatever, let’s just go”  He said as he laced his arm around Kai who was about to punch him again god knows how many this time.

“Remove your hands off me.” He said , clearly restraining himself.

“Why? I need to do this right? It’s what you said to her. Don’t ever let go” I felt my cheeks heat up as he mimicked how Kai said that to me earlier.

 Kai’s knuckles turned white as he clenched his fists.

If it’s not really out of place to applaud right now, I would have, for Kai of course. With someone being a jerk like Kris it would have taken me less than a second to kick him in the .

“Let’s just go” Kai let out a defeated sigh while everyone gathered around him not uttering even a single word. I held the hand of the human with my left while my right held onto Kai.

And before we disappeared, I had managaed to catch Kai’s attention. As I stared into his beautiful warm brown eyes I mouthed “Thankyou” and he answered me back, with a smile on his face.

And that smile  was more than enough to make me smile too.