65

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

XIUMIN’S POV

It has been awhile since I had the chance to wander by myself. Our clan,had always been together in everything- be it hunting for food, or trailing hunters. Melissa had been the core, the bond that kept us together. And Kris hyung  kept that bond strong, even until  she died. He was our leader, our mentor, our elder brother.

Different from now,back then he would constantly tail me, and call the group even if I’m persistent to hunt alone, saying, or precisely speaking. nagging that  it’s dangerous to wander without the group.
But now it’s different. Without him I can go by myself.
It is only now that I realized how hateful it is to be alone...

“Lost in your thoughts hyung?”

My eyes softened as I turned my head towards the speaker. “Kris.Why are you here?”

“Accompanying you I told you it’s dangerous to be alone” I heard him speak. Memories flooded in my head. For a second I thought the Kris I knew was back.
My gaze softened. I was about to speak when he cut me off.

“Goodnight hyung” he said. "Wha-"  before stabbing me with a needle.
“What the fuc-“

Then everything went black.

 

BLAZE’S POV

I ran my fingers through my neck. I gulped, and disappointment hit me back in the face. Dryness. Nothing but dryness.
I would kill for even just  a drop of blood.

“How are you love?”

It was like slow motion when I shifted my gaze towards him- the most hateful person in the world at that moment. “ off” I cursed. I stopped breathing in order to stop myself from inhaling his scent.
Afterall, if I kill him (which is possible with this intense hunger”, I kill all of the vampires too.

“They picked the right place. No humans.It’s a pity we’re very far fom the city Blaze. ” He grinned.

“ you” And my knees wobbled. The next thing I remember Kris has caught me. “Easy love. Wouldn’t want you to scratch your pretty face”

Strangely, the world felt so calm as Kris held me. Maybe it’s the fatigue- the stress from  trying to stop myself from biting his head off.

 

KRIS’S POV

She stared at me for quite a long time. .I had not meant to catch her, but I did, as it was reflex, as it was my instinct. Shaking it off, I managed to mumble a sarcastic joke, but immediately silenced as she stared intently  at me. I pulled her close, as her eyelids began to fall in silence-waking me up from the dream I was into.

I shook my head, as I tried to ward off the feelings inside me that kept resurfacing. I am not the old Kris anymore. I am not like this. I can’t be like this.

I lifted her bridal style. As I disappeared through the woods, I thought to myself- time for plan B.

 

TAO’S POV

It was already dark when we came back from feeding.  Going to and fro the city is quite time consuming since the mansion is in a remote area.

“Next time, we should really bring  Kai. It would save so much time” I muttered as I opened the door.

Chen hyung  chuckled. “Already clingy with the wolves Tao?” He teased.

“Says the guy who  is eager to practice his powers with SuHo” Luhan hyung  retorted. We high fived, smiling like idiots. It was  a good atmosphere until Lay said something.

“Why is everyone on the kitchen? “

We rushed towards the kitchen and true enough, everyone, no almost everyone is in there.

D.O and Sehun were lying on the floor. As if the situation is not strange enough, the place is all wet.

“Finally Luhan!” Suho rushed towards us. “Kris did this. They can’t raise themselves up. Do you know what is happening?”

 

NO ONE'S POV

All eyes were on Luhan as they waited for an answer. Even the vampires are clueless as to what Suho is talking about. Kris has only power and that is levitation. Oh. And a pet phoenix.

“I’ve flooded this place a million times” he said, while looking apologetic to D.O and Sehun. “They won’t budge” he sighed.

“I even tried to teleport them away. Never worked.” Kai huffed.

Luhan pondered the situation for a while. And recognition flashed his face after remembering that scene early in the morning. “Earlier, Kris said something about obtaining a new power.”

“What?” Several people chorused. “Apparently, blood bonding with the maiden can give you a new one, or in some cases can enhance what you already have. In my case I can read minds.

“I don’t have it yet” Kai muttered.

“The occurrence it’s random. It’s not there at first, but then it will be, without you even knowing about it”

“So this is his  new power? Defying gravity, that can influence other people?” Chanyeol spoke. 

“No. I don’t think so. He is quite powerful if he can influence them even if he’s not here.”The others nodded in agreement.

Lay continued. “Even Luhan who had telekinesis his whole life cannot control an object that is too far from him. Since we can’t even sense his presence ,he must be very far away”

“Except” Tao cut off. “if a  part of him is here” He walked forward raising his arm up to his eye level.

Before the others even processed what he s doing, he whistled and called out, smiling brightly. “Fawkes. Show Yourself”

With that, an eagle like bird entered the room and landing perfectly on Tao’s arms. It was shining like the sun. Its plumage has a strikingly golden shade that speaks of royalty and status. Everything about the phoenix screams fire, except the crown on its head  and it’s eyes that is in deep shade of blue.

“Is that a-“ Chanyeol murmured.

“Everyone, meet fawkes, duizhang’s pet phoenix” Tao proubly chuckled.

“Woah. It’s so pretty” Suho admired it. Bu as he tried to pet it with his hands, it glared at him.

“What did I do to you?” Suho spoke flabbergasted. "Fawkes that's not good" Tao spoke strictly.

“Must be the water” Lay spoke. “Of all things, fawkes hates water. Seeing that you flooded the whole mansion, he must have known”

“Excuse me” D.O grumbled. “It’s great to see a mythical creature for the first time in your life, but would you mind helping us out now?”

Tao looked at them and nodded before facing the creature again. “Fawkes? Do you know how to release them?” The bird faced towards the other direction ignoring Tao’s question.

“Hey come on please tell us- woah” Eveyone was startled when Fawkes spit fire on Suho. “I am so drowning you later” Suho mumbled while looking at the charred portions of his shirt.

“He’s like that when he’s mad.” Tao explained. “Alright. I guess pleading with you like this  won’t do.”

Suddenly Luhan, thought of another idea. “Chanyeol. Fire”

“What?” Chanyeol asked.

“Show your powers, to Fawkes” Lay, understanding Luhan’s idea nudged the wolf.

Chanyeol tilted his head, not understanding what is going on. “Whatever” he said . Chanyeol’s hands bursted with flames boasting with golden and blue color.Immediately, the phoenix flew our of Tao’s hands towards Chanyeol’s earning a shriek from the latter.

“Ahhh. I’m gonna de. I ‘m gonna die” Chanyeol ran in circles, while the others burst into fits of laughter.

In Chanyeol’s head, the phoenix is already slaughtering him. But in reality, it just sat on his hand, adoring the light emitting form Chanyeol’s flames.

Realizing he is not in danger, the wolf stopped from running like an idiot. The wolves were in awe as the phoenix absorbed the flames on Chanyeols hand, as it was feeding. After a couple of minutes, it looked at Chanyeol with such loving eyes, as if its expressing his fondness over him.

Kai spoke. “The phoenix likes him”  

“Try asking it now.” Luhan nudged Chanyeol.

“Fawkes?” Chanyeol began. “Would you mind helping me free my friends?”