62

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

NO ONE'S POV


“Shall we go?” Sehun muttered under his breath. Given the chance he would like to spend a little bit more time with Blaze- she felt so familiar, and warm. She felt like family…

“We should” He heard her mumble, but as she detached herself from him, he resisted.

“Sehunnie?” Her eyes looked at him, puzzled as to why he is not letting go.

“I like it when you call my name.” He said, before wiping a tear from her eye before pouting like a cute puppy. “I’m sorry I made you cry”

Blaze resisted the urge to hug him again  right there and then. “Sheesh. Why so cute Sehunnie” She said as she pinched his cheeks.

“Ah noona, stop it!” He whined, before laughing his heart off. “Let’s go” he said, and together they walked out of the forest, with a lighter heart, with a brighter soul…

 

Little did they know, two people had been waitching them, from afar.

 

Luhan was about to leave, a smile already plastered on his face as he saw how happy Blaze was upon talking to the maknae. He had originally planned to visit her in her room, but he was beaten to it by the young wolf.

He actually felt bad for him. He was once a brother, and just like Sehun, he had lost one.

He was about to follow the two back to the mansion, when he sensed another presence in the forest. He knew that aura to  well- a presence that would make every vampire even him kneel.

 

Kris.

 

But what is he doing here?

He tried picking on his leader’s thoughts but he can’t hear anything, either it’s because this ability of him is premature, or because it literally reflects what a vampire with no emotions mind would sound like- barren, empty.

He tried to hide his aura, which was useless. Kris, like him knew each others’ scent yet the latter acted like he didn’t care.

Luhan observed his movements, his eyes following Kris’s left hand as he picked a piece of paper on the ground. It was the one Sehun had handed over to Blaze earlier. It must have fallen out right after she was hugged by Sehun. Kris then bent down, and upon peeking closely he saw the most unexplainable thing in the world.

Kris set the paper boat afloat, while solemnly looking at a distance. Luhan was at a loss for words. At that moment, Kris looked like Kris. Thoughtful. Caring. 

 “How long are you gonna stay there?” 

Luhan swiftly turned to his left, and to his utter disbelief Kris was already there. “Stop being a creep” he muttered before shoving both of his hands to his pockets.

“Why did you do that?” He asked. Kris didn’t bother to stop , still taking steps towards the south.

Luhan, in th hopes of getting something from him- anything choseto talk about his new ability.

“I can now read minds” He whispered softly, yet enough for Kris to hear. That did it, that made Kris stop.

“Must be the blood bond.” Kris muttered. A couple of silence, and Luhan thought it was the end of conversation, but then Kris added, “I have one too, and intend to show her some time.” He said, before looking back at Luhan, a devilish glint in his eyes.