REALIZATIONS

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

Blaze's POV

I would never forget how I felt at that moment. The stake  was too fast, it was almost a blur. I had no time to think. So my body acted upon it's own. I dashed as fast as I can. Never in my life have I felt something like  this. Afraid. I was truly afraid I might lose him. The mind controller may have just invented things, but...that didn't cross my mind. I couldn't take chances. Not when XiuMin's life was on the line.

 

Since when did I care about anything that does not concern me? Since when did I actually care for someone? 

Ever since I was abandoned, I had shut everything off- my feelings, my emotions. They render me weak. And in this cruel world where monsters exist, you are not allowed to become weak. 

I grew up fending for myself, working my off to earn money to keep myself from starving. I had no one in my life. Maybe this is why, Melissa my creator, the one that turned me invited me to work  at her home. Because I had no one, literally. If I accidentally saw the monster in her, she could easily kill me. No one will ask about me. No one will look for me. 

And it didn't took long for me to find out whou she really was- what she really was. Her fangs glistened in the moonlight as the blood of her victim flowed from her lips.  It was amazing. She was amazing and I wanted to be like her. 

So even before she had  sunk her fangs into my neck, even before she had  asked me to turn to an original, I had voluntarily let go of my human side. I wanted this. I said to myself. 


I drank from her blood. I drank from an original. It was sweet. It was intoxicating. It was addictive. 

Soon she dried up, her skin cracked, but I kept the life out of her until I passed out. When I woke up, she was nothing but ashes. 

When I first saw the world through my vampire eyes, I felt nothing but excitement. I was amused. I was energized. My senses were heightened and I loved it. I loved how powerful I felt . I loved how invincible I am. I am a ing vampire. I am an original. 

I murdered 20 humans as soon as I woke up. I remember sinking my teeth into two infants. They tasted like liquor. The old one's I threw across the forest. I bet they tasted horrible.  I remember snapping heads. I remember-





"OH GOD. I KILLED SOMEONE." 

 

 

TAO'S POV

She was standing there, clutching her head like a mad woman. I thought it was the stake that was causing her pain, but after seeing her eyes, I knew immediately what it was- SHOCK. GUILT. SHAME.


She must have remembered every murder she had comitted.She must have remembered each and every one of her victim's face. I should know. I had experienced that before.


She looked so vulnerable. The way she's wailing, the way her tears won't stop falling. It was like a spell, a spelling pulling me  towards her. I can't, I just can't bear to see this woman suffer in front of me . 

So without thinking twice, I pulled the stake off her chest, and enveloped her into a tight embrace. 

"Shhhh. It's okay. It's okay mei mei" 

 

LAY'S POV 

 

Of course. She would be broken. All this time I thought that waking her emotions would be for her best. But now, seeing as she can't even pull herself up, I wanted to regret everything. I wanted to tell myself, that this is all wrong. But I can't. Because it is my mistress' wish. And whether it is for the newborn vampire's  benefit or not, it is not my business. We are  here to command her last wish. And  we have succeeded. And now, we  have to die. 

"Duizhang" I muttered under my breath. "It's time." Kris hyung nodded without taking his eyes off her. 

I heal people but I also have the ability to detect their aura- to detect how  they feel. When I  first met her inside that room where my mistress used to reside, her aura felt like glass- cold, transparent, empty. She was void of anything. She had no luster. She had no life. 

I've felt it. How her feelings shifted from a calm breeze to a whirlwind of emotions. She had been genuinely shocked, afraid, and relieved upon saving XiuMin hyung from that stake. 

But then, that whirlwhind became a hurricane. It devastated her. Upon unlocking her emotions, she unlocked one thing a vampire hates the most- conscience. 

So when Zitao rushed to her and enveloped her into a tight hug, Lay didn't have the heart to stop him.


For...he could have done the same thing the maknae did. 

 

CHEN'S POV

"Duzihang" I heard Lay mutter under his breath. "It's time." 

It's time. Yes, it is finally the time where I could die and be reunited with you my love. So why do I feel like I am not doing the right thing? Why do I feel like I am abandoning you instead of being with you? Was it because she has a part of you? Or was it because she had a part of me already? 

Chen shrugged. It is impossible. In his heart, lies Melissa. Ever since they bonded, he was hers- body and soul, in life and in death, 

So why, he whispered to himself  hrough gritted teeth- why I am feeling such attachment towards you woman? 

"We have to go." I looked at Kris. It was not a command. I  had known of this since forever.It was the plan, and I always stick to  the plan.  We'll turn her emotions back , then we have to leave, then die. So why did it sound so foreign to me,-leaving that is. 

Why , why does it feel like I'm doing this because I had to, not because I wanted to? 

She has stopped sobbing in Zitao's arms. Her eyes were fixated on the ground. Though the tears had already dried up, I know, she was hurting- no, she was dying inside. 
 

"Fine. At least let me do this." I said to one in particular.
 

I trodded towards her. I let electricity flow through my fingertips. With a touch on her spine, a simple ZAP, I made her unconscious. 

"That is the least that I can do for you." I mumbled.

 And with a heavy heart, I followed the rest...


...towards our death...