FROM NOW ON

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

FROM NOW ON|1

 

 

SUHO’S POV

“Hyung!” I was frozen on the spot when Sehun beamed towards my direction. He was smiling goofily as if everything was fine,as if he was fine, as if nothing happened. I looked at my members as we appear to share the same thought. Sehun has changed.What happened?

Kris suddenly clicked his tongue, disturbing my thoughts.I looked at him surprised by the sudden hange in his behavior. He was fine earlier, in fact he was enjoying every bit of it, watching like this is some kind of an entertainment  show. But now? His face is dark. He is tense. He is furious.

Then I remembered how angry Kai was to him earlier. He had punched square in the face. And I would have done it too.

I looked away. This guy is just a waste of time.

KRIS’S POV

I watched the kid as he wrapped his arms around her. How could he touch her like that?

That girl owes me.
No one can touch her.

She is mine.

Mine.

This is wrong. I hate her. That’s all.

That’s why I am mad right now. I own her life. I will control it. I will destroy her.

I glanced at her and I felt my jaw clench as she looked at him the way she would never look at me.

You just wait. I'll make you miserable . I mumbled n my head. And with one last glance I walked away.

 

BAEKHYUN’S POV

“Sehunnie? Gwaenchanayo?” I asked him as I trodded towards his direction. His change of character definitely shocked everyone out of our wits. It was as if he really believed what she said.

“Ne hyung.By the way, Why is everyone here?” I was bewildered. Did he really…forget?

But that’s impossible. Vampires can’t compel wolves, even originals, at least that’s what I know.

Originals  can’t be poisoned by our blood but that’s it,  we still can’t be compelled.

I turned my head as I felt a tap on my back. “Why?” I asked Luhan as he stared at me with his doe like eyes.

“She can compel wolves” He said, as if answering my private thoughts.

“Can’t originals do that?” I asked subtly referring to the original he knew all of his life.

“Melissa can’t. She can compel vampires, humans , hunters name it. But never wolves” He said as he went ahead of me.

“And-what happened here hyung?” I stopped taking a step when I heard Sehun ask. He might forget but with the stench how are we supposed to hide it from him?

I was about to open my mouth when she beat me into it.

“Sehun” Blaze voice was very calm, soothing and very comforting that for a second I had envied Sehun.

She gently covered his eyes.

“Wha-what are you doing? Who are you? “ Sehun kept struggling, but she was firm. She didn’t  let him go until she was sure Kai had taken him.


“You and Kai will leave for now.I will explain to you everything when we come back” When our eyes met, I knew that message was not intended for Sehun only, but to everyone. She’ll stay to explain everything what the hell just happened.

And aside from that, she has an unfinished business here.I looked towards where her gaze fell- right, the human.

I totally forgot about him.So what will she do? Compel him too?

And what about Sehun? She said she would explain everything. But how the would you explain something you made him forget?

She wants to help everyone in every way possible.

And God only knows how she would do that.  

 

BLAZE’S POV

I let out a relieved sigh as I finally managed to take away Sehun from the scene. The place were currently reeks of blood and he would know. He would ask. But at least I had stalled time to think what I should tell him, how should I explain everything to him. Or to put it simply, what lies should I tell him.

“Why did you do it Blaze?” I stiffened as I heard Lay ask me accusingly. It was evident in his voice, he is not happy with what I did.

“Hyung” Tao had called out to Lay. But he didn’t stop. He still proceeded with his interrogation.

“You shouldn’t have controlled him like that” He said firmly.

“I had to” I answered weakly.

“No you didn’t. You know how it feels like. To hide from it. When he remembers-“ I snapped.

“He won’t” I said through gritted teeth as I harshly faced him.

“I’ll make sure that he won’t” I said it like I believed it. Because I won’t let it happen. I won’t let him suffer the way I did.

“You can’t do that Blaze. Compulsion won’t work forever. He has the right to know what he did to those people”

“He’s just a kid Lay” I soflty muttered.

“He’s a grown up man” This time D.O. was the one who spoke.His tone was more than accusing- he was straightforwardly blaming me. To him I had crossed the line. I may have, but if that meant I could protect that boy from becoming like me, then I don't regret it. 

“Kyungsoo-yah-“ Chanyeol tried to stop him, but he was really  and D.O. surely didn’t know how to mask his anger.

“Back off Chanyeol.” He said as the ground shook beneath us. “You can compel wolves. So now what, you’re gonna control our lives too?”  

“Kyungsoo” This time, Suho was the one who spoke. “Calm down.”

But he didn’t. And looks like he won’t. Until I give a pretty damn good explanation to back up why I did what I did.

“You’re wolves.” I began. “You don’t know how it feels like” I raised my head to meet D.O’s eyes.

“You can think despite of bloodlust. You can feed off animals, eat like humans. But we, we can’t do that. We can’t think rationally when we’re hungry. We feed off humans.And it’s damn hard to control yourself not to kill. Right now, I have a lot of blood in my hands. And I am just a newborn.”

I tried to remain calm as I proceeded to what I was saying. But I can’t help it.It’s just who I am. I am not damn strong.

“Vampires can turn it off, when we want to forget. And it’s true, it haunts you back. But it’s necessary for self preservation. What I did for Sehun is just the same. He can’t survive this and you know that. He won’t be able to take it. And believe me, when I say with 20 people on my head, I am barely holding on. How about a massacre of almost a hundred people?”

When no one spoke up, I muttered.

“I think we all agree that it's better to make him lose his memories than to  lose him completely.”