FRIENDS OR FOES?

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

FRIENDS OR FOES?
 


BAEKHYUN’S POV

“And please, from now on, never call me Duizhang again.”

My eyes widened as I processed what the guy “Duizhang”said. He is letting him go, but not just allowing him to live on.

He is abandoning him.

He is no longer a part of their clan.

Werewolves operate in a pack system, while vampires often work alone. But at rare times, they may form a clan- if their interests are the same or if they simply had it- brotherhood.

As soon as those words escaped from his lips, I saw it- how each and one of the vampire’s faces fell. They did not expect it. They don’t want it.They were heartbroken by it.

And for the frist time, I actually respected vampires.

Because right now, they are no longer  monsters in front of my eyes.

They are friends- family who are slowly drifting away.

With that begin said and done, I brought back the light I had taken away from them. This is no longer a joke. They must talk pproperly, and I would give them that chance.
 

LUHAN’S POV

“Duizhang” I began. I saw it, how deflated his shoulders were. He is really hurt, but at the same time he is determined. He had kicked out Xiumin, and he is heartbroken by it.

“Kris ge” I heard Tao speak. He was mumbling, afraid to say something that will aggravate the situation.

I can’t blame him. I myself have no idea what to say.

Everyone in the room stood frozen, no one dared move or say anything. I don’t know about the werewolves but we, the guardians are afraid, afraid of what will happen next.

And then Duizhang broke the defeaning silence.

“I will undo the link.” When none reacted he continued. “I will find a witch, set Xiumin free. And then I die.”

So that was his plan. His eyes roamed around us and  asked one very important question as he locked his eyes with mine.

“So who stays with me?”

I was momentarily stunned by what I saw. His eyes that were once full of loss, full of sadness, full of regret were now void of anything. I had seen it before- eyes filled with nothing but coldness, menace and pure evil.

His eyes looked like her eyes.

I gasped as I realized what he has done.

 

What vampires do when we don't want to get hurt

When we don't want to feel pain

Or when we simply don't want to feel anything at all.

Duizhang did it.

He has turned his emotions off.