66

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

BLAZE’S POV

Tok.tok.tok. As I opened my eyes I was greeted by the faint sound of water dripping. Did it rain? No wonder my body feels wet all over. “Where am I?” I looked around and a blurred strange place came into view. “Where am I right now?” I muttered. I immediately stood up and brushed  the dirt off my clothes.

As I stood vertically on the ground, memories rushed immediately  inside my head. KRIS. BLOOD. HUNGER. PASSING OUT. But then different than earlier, I am feeling better now. What exactly in the world happened when I met him?

“Awake?” I whipped my head to find that despicable bastard smiling at me. “Had a good rest?” His lips were painted scarlet, his cheeks flushed. In his hand, was a bag, that appeared to hold some blood. Upon smelling its scent, my fangs immediately retracted.

“Still hungry?” With that he tossed me the bag he was holding. “What’s this?” I asked.

“Blood bag…  Or would you  prefer  to tap a vein. Last time I checked you did fine with blood bags.?” He smirked.

 “You fed me?” I raised my eyebrows. He cocked his brows before facing the other direction. No wonder I was feeling different. Well not different exactly. I still want to feed. But  at least I have a bit of self control now.

“Why did you do that?” I tapped his back. He seemed silent as if he was pondering something.

“Thank you.”I didn’t know shere that came from. Maybe its because I wasn’t expecting him to do something good. Or maybe its because I’m still hungry, I don’t know.

Or maybe, there is really something good in him behind the layers of hidden emotions. Maybe just maybe.

I looked around the place we are currently in. I focused on my senses wondering who else might be here. I tried to listen, but it was all quiet. I tried to see but it was all stones and water. “Where exactly are we?”

I walked towards where Kris is facing. As his eyes darted from the floor to mine I asked him again “Where are we?”

He just looked at me as if I said something amusing. I stepped forward. He chuckled. It went for quite awhile until I snapped.

“ Forget it. ” I said as I tore the package with my teeth and sat on the floor turning my back on  him. “Did you steal it from the hospital?”

I was really going to beat him up, if he would still answer me with silence and that stupid amused face of him. But instead  he turned, rendering me speechless for quite awhile.

“Wold you prefer me kidnap someone instead?” Ah. Again. That smirk appeared again .

“Yah!” I shouted at him. 

He chuckled at one second and another he is pinning me on the cave walls. He stared at me intently as his face slowly inched closer to mine. I turned my head to the other side as I felt his warm breath touch my cheeks. I had my arms pushing his chest but to no avail. Ah. I should have fed more. I thought regrettably.

He his lips before whispering softly in my ear. “You’re quite irritable today love. And you’re much prettier when you’re mad. You make it so hard to resist you”. His face settled on the crook of my neck. He was breathing heavily. I don’t know if it is the proximity, or the fear or the suspense but my heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to burst.

Blood draw from my neck as he punctured my skin with his fangs. ”Kris” I weakly muttered.

As if hearing me, he stopped but it was only for a brief second, before he continued to feed on my blood. I tried to struggle but every single time I  failed. I should get used to this. I mumbled in my head. From time to time, all of them would need my blood. As their bonded pair, we can’t escape the truth that none of us will be able to control the desire that we have with each other’s blood. No one. Not even Kris who hates me to the core.

That’s when I just let go. Slowly, I brought my arms down in surrender. My knees trembled so I had to shift my weight towards him. Slowly. . . I can feel life being out of me.

My brows furrowed as his bite got deeper and deeper. That’s when I became so confused. Even if Kris is so hungry he would have stopped by now.

I looked at his hands. His knuckles were turning white. Why is he forcing himself to take so much?

I gasped as I felt him go even deeper. A curse escaped my lips as I muttered a resolution. This won’t do. He’s going too far.

With all my strength I tried to push him off. I had to try. I just had to.

 “Kris that’s enough” I whispered weakly.

Hesitantly, he let me go. He looked at me with such intensity I thought he would grab and feed on me again. But to my surprise, he just nodded.

 “You’re right, that was enough”. He whispered before he dropped me harshly on the floor.

KRIS’S POV

I had to hold on to something as I dropped her to the ground. I had not intended to be so rough on her, but I felt so drunk with her blood, her fragile body slipped through my fingers.

I tried to walk a few steps. My movements were shaky, careless. I cursed in my head as I stumbled.

“Where are you going?” She gasped, as her fingers slipped the cave wall while trying to raise herself up.

I knelt in front of her. With the amount of blood I took from her, and from the situation earlier, she must have been half conscious by now. “Listen to me carefully.” I whispered to her ear. “Where  you think we are, it’s not what really is.”

“It’s not just a cave Blaze. Shake off the illusion. We’re in a graveyard.”

She looked at me intently, a crease forming in her forehead. “What are you saying? We are in a cave aren-WHAT THE HELL?” She yelped as she managed to grab a skull with her hand. She immediately threw it away, horrified. I inwardly sighed.

“That wasn’t even half the true meaning of horror Blaze.”

“Wh-what?” She stammered as she questioned me with her eyes, confused by what was happening. I can’t blame her. I was too, the first time I found this place. 

“Look around you. ”
And with that, a scream was heard breaking the silence amidst the darkness .

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guize. I'm really sorry it took me a long time almost decades huhu) to update. Aside from grad matters I had writer's block. Ugh. 
Anyway I would like to express my gratitude to those readers that writes comment. When it felt like I can't continue this story anymore, I read your comments and  felt grateful.And because I am grateful I finally found the strength to finish this fafic again. Sorry for being melodramatic and please continue cheering me on. SARANGHAEYO.:D