THE PROPHECY| BROTHERHOOD

OF BLOOD LUST AND SHAME

 

 

THE PROPHECY| BROTHERHOOD
 

KAI'S  POV

 

I can feel Baekhyun's gaze bore an imaginary hole into my skull as soon as we arrived to our destination- the part of the forest where I had left her. 

I really wanted to answer their questions, but right now my priority is to keep him alive- the guardian.

As soon as I reappeared, I dragged the vampire towards the only one who could help him right now- the prophesized maiden. She was unconscious by the time we arrived. I looked at her neck. It was still bleeding, as expected. I placed the guardian’s mouth towards her nape. This will work right? I mean, an original’s blood has the ability to heal. So it can heal him right? It will save him right?

“Kai”  . That voice.That is Suho-hyung. ”Later hyung-later I have no-” I didn’t have the chance to continue as I was slammed harshly on the ground.

 “Hyung I-“ I tried. I really tried to explain, but a huge lump has already formed in my throat.

“No more excuses Kai. You tell me now” He growled as he grabbed my  collar. His eyes were blazing and a dark aura has surrounded his usual gentle face. I almost didn’t recognize him. He was so different, felt so different that for a second I had debated with myself whether I am really talking to my real alpha.

He was beyond pissed and he is becoming more and more frustrated as I kept my silence.Hey don’t you dare judge. How am I supposed to tell him what I know? What I did?  

“You dragged us here,right  now just when we are about to fulfill the mission. Give me a good reason before I rip that beating muscle out of  your chest”  he said through gritted teeth.

“Hyung” Baekhyun tried to step forward in an attempt to help me, but to no avail. “Stay back Byun Baekhyun. This is not your business. ” Suho hyung said through gritted teeth.

I opened my mouth as I  tried  to find a way to tell him everything- how she had already bonded with the guardian- and how I already marked her.But I failed.I can’t. I can’t bring myself to say it.

“You can’t talk? Okay. Then he dies.” He said before suddenly dissapearing from my sight. Before I could register what was happening, he had already grabbed the guardian.

“3 seconds Kim Jongin” He warned, before plunging his hand towards the  latter’s healing chest.

“NO! Don’t do it hyung. Please!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. Oh god Kai think fast. He’s not joking. He will kill him. And when he dies, she won’t be able to take it. She will be hurt. And she can’t be hurt.

“Nice try. But what I need is not your whines but your excuse. Why Kim Jongin? Why?” His voice roared in the forest. His hand is  close to reopening the hole in the guardian’s heart,

“Stop it. STOP!” I shouted at the top of my lungs.This can't be happening.

“Why should I stop?” He angrily spat, as he squeezed his hand further on his chest .

I can hear it- the sound of flesh being torn apart.

 

That’s it. I don’t care anymore.

 

“THEY HAD ING BONDED HYUNG.SHE HAD BONDED WITH HIM. AND I MARKED HER.SO YOU CAN’T KILL HIM. I WILL NEVER ALLOW YOU TO KILL HIM”

 

 

 

 

SUHO’S POV

 

I can’t believe the words that I just heard. Kai had already found her- the procephecized maiden. So that girl, the one he had rushed to earlier was our destined  mate. And he was trying to save the guardian by letting him drink from  her. Because we were late. They have  already bonded. So he probably means a lot to her, and it would kill her to see him die. And Kai- he cares about her feelings more than ever, because he-he had  marked her.

“Why did you do it Kai?” I had withdrawn my hand from  the guardian’s chest. With a blink of an eye, Kai had scooped him and placed him towards the prophecized maiden. He had placed his head towards the latters nape, probably to let him drink her blood- to let him heal.

“Marking her? I had to keep her safe.” he said sounding more confident now than he was earlier.As soon as those words escaped from his lips I tackled him into the ground.

“I.am.your.alpha” I muttered emphasizing the last word. I am their authority. I am their leader. If there’s anyone who had the right to mark her first that’s me. Not him. Not anyone else from the pack.

His eyes never left mine as if saying, I know  I am wrong and I’m sorry but I don’t reget it.

That is more than  enough for me.My jaw clenched, and my knuckles turned white as I balled them into fists. I raised my fist and closed my eyes as I braised for impact. It collided harshy on Kai's face.

I just had to do it. Just once.

“That is for stealing her away from me” I said through gritted teeth. Before pulling him back on his feet.

“And this is for keeping her safe. Thankyou Kai.”

His eyes  widened as I hugged him.Who wouldn’t be ? Moments ago I was a threat to his life and now I am practically acting mushy towards him.

My lips curved into a smile as he tapped my back in response. 

He knows it. 
 

He knows that I understand that he just did what he had to do.

And...

I...I had already  forgiven  him.